Talk

Advanced search

To have no time for 'nonsense' anymore

(982 Posts)
scoobydoobydoooooh Tue 15-Jan-19 10:08:43

People expecting me to travel thousands of miles to attend their destination wedding.

People putting their name on waiting lists for designer handbags that cost thousands of pounds.

Pamper parties for 9 year olds.

Any other grumpy old ladies like to list the modern day nonsense they can live without?

Lydiaatthebarre Tue 15-Jan-19 10:10:52

People earnestly explaining why their children shouldn't stand up for anyone on the bus.

It's not treating them like second rate citizens. Never mind that there are twenty somethings ignoring that poor elderly man who could do with a seat. There bad manners aren't your problem. Your responsibility is to ensure that your children don't grow up like that, so teach them manners and get them to stand up and let him sit down.

domton Tue 15-Jan-19 10:13:07

Babyshowers.

Ridiculous spending on things then dropping into conversation they've spent £300 on a hair dryer or some such.

12 year olds going to get their armpits and legs waxed so they can start school feeling nice and clean.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:15:25

Not being able to talk to a human being on the phone without a robot that repeatedly misheard you.

Tradesmen cancelling jobs last minute and offering instead to come at 2am on a Friday or 8pm after the kids have gone to bed.

Cars that cost the price of small homes.

The other day I caught myself eyerolling at rowdy teenagers. Where do I sign up for my Grumpy Old Lady card?!

Dangerousplan Tue 15-Jan-19 10:18:06

Fillers, Botox, peels, permanent brows, fake nails, fake tan, fake hair fake front...filters, photoshop instaready at all times.

The pressure, the massive impact on teenage mental health.

Fuck all that, expensive exhausting craziness!

jennypilgrim Tue 15-Jan-19 10:18:23

Small children being given smartphones.

Christmas decorations being put up in November.

Teenagers being driven to and from school everyday even when the school is on a good public transport route, or they live within 15-20 mins walking distance.

GenderIsAPrison Tue 15-Jan-19 10:22:28

No time for

the WOKE perpetually offended ON BEHALF over other people.
The disingenuous cloak of victim hood people wear to bully others using DARVO.
Those naive useful idiots who are their allies , with their visible desperation to appear right-on.

poundoflard Tue 15-Jan-19 10:23:16

All of the above grin

Over parenting, and making kids over sensitive
eg, oh it was raining and pampered dc got a bit wet, (with two specs of rain) going from the school gate to the car and right to the front door and so now needs a day or two to recover. I'm sure they will have some long term psychological damage from being out side.

where as in 'our day' we walked for miles to and from school in leaking shoes, with coats that weren't waterproof , (as goretex etc hadn't been invented) and despite coughs and colds we battled on and oh look! we survived.

bringincrazyback Tue 15-Jan-19 10:24:18

Modern society's unending obsession with food.

Loopytiles Tue 15-Jan-19 10:25:13

People wanting to arrange ordinary social things like going to the pub or lunch months in advance!

crosser62 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:26:56

The fucking lot, it all pisses me off.

Dog shit mountains outside the school gates.

There’s no one else in the fucking world except me type people slowly dawdling along chatting shit to their friend so that no one can pass. Queue of people behind patiently waiting to get past.

Those who put their fucking shopping on the till belt and don’t put a divider at the end of their shopping.. oh, going to pay for mine are you? I’ll just put mine on here next to yours Tracey, don’t look at me like I’ve done a shit in your trolley, just reach out 6 inches and pick up the god damned divider and put it on the belt... simple.

Nails, hair, eye lashes and lip extensions do not interest me so no I don’t care how much you paid and how long you had to sit in a salon chair to have it done. I don’t care!!!

No, I don’t want to know that your little darling makes wonderful creations with a fucking toilet roll holder, how have you included me in this “WhatsApp group”? I don’t know you, I don’t want to know you, I don’t want to contribute to your weekly collections for various teachers in the school, HOW the fuck have you included me in this group?
I’m removed.
I can’t seem to find even one fuck about this stuff.
I’m not just grumpy, I’m fucking angry.

Ironingboard Tue 15-Jan-19 10:28:36

social media.
People who watch love island or any other programme that is completely pointless.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:30:15

Doctors receptionists who think they gave a medical degree.

Faceless chain stores.

Massive portions.

Witchofzog Tue 15-Jan-19 10:30:48

All social media related

Fucking selfies. They all look the same and they are just narcissistic look at me twattery. I love a good photo of someone on holiday etc but you can never see where the person is with most selfies.

Those stupid snap chat filters. You are a grown woman. You don't need to wear dog ears and look like you have no nose as you have made your skin too "flawless"

Hospital check ins with no further posts. Stop with the attention seeking.

thighofrelief101 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:32:13

I have so little tolerance for anything I deem "silly" that I'm actually worried that I'm not just a grumpy old bag but a budding murderess.

appless Tue 15-Jan-19 10:32:37

Social media

Fashion

oh4forkssake Tue 15-Jan-19 10:32:43

Overpriced and overhyped restaurants in London.

We went to one recently. I'm furious with myself. Furious. I bought into the nonsense and I really am cross with myself about it.

It was a microcosm of everything that is wrong with society in one meal.

God I've made myself cross again just typing that.

Quipsandquotes Tue 15-Jan-19 10:33:28

People who are never off Facebook and can't even cook a meal or decorate a Christmas tree without posting pictures for all their friends to rave about. And don't start me on those who post a new heavily filtered photograph of themselves so that a load of idiots will come back saying 'looking gorgeous' 'wow, yummy mummy'etc etc etc

People who never cook anything more complicated than oven chips but have a state of the art kitchen installed that costs thousands of pounds.

People who run up debts paying for multiple holidays a year, designer clothes and all sorts of other luxuries that seem to have become 'essentials' in modern life. Get a grip.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:33:34

Fuck it I'm buying an island where we can outlaw this stuff please leave my eyelash extensions alone though.

appless Tue 15-Jan-19 10:34:04

I think if you genuinely have "no time" for anything, you don't need to be grumpy (or angry!). It's quite relaxing to just not think about these things in the first place.

oh4forkssake Tue 15-Jan-19 10:34:36

Oh, and at the risk of being horribly flamed, instamums.

"I just jumped on here to...." I DON'T WHY I LOOK AT IT IT MAKES ME SO FURIOUS. I know your home is funded by all the flipping sponsorship you get. Because most of us, even if we have good incomes, don't have our toddlers washing their hands with fricking Aesop soap!!

<checks calendar, considers possibility I might have PMT>

Quipsandquotes Tue 15-Jan-19 10:35:50

Oh and people who live in the suburbs and rarely to anywhere rural but still have to have a 4x4 to drop Jemima and Tarquin to school and go to Sainsburys. Why??

SapphireBattersea Tue 15-Jan-19 10:36:00

Loving this thread!!

May I add: drama from fully grown adults particularly surrounding Facebook 😩

oh4forkssake Tue 15-Jan-19 10:36:43

@Witchofzog snapchat filters give me the rage like nothing else on earth.

The DDs were introduced to it by their cousins. "Can you put it on your phone Mummy?" No I fucking cannot.

ginyogarepeat Tue 15-Jan-19 10:39:42

I have found my soulmates. Agree with everything that's been posted so far!

Sarcelle Tue 15-Jan-19 10:39:49

Social Media
Self obsession and egos.
Crime in London.
Pandering to the entitled and all the nonsense.
Loud voices.
Bad manners.

sarahjconnor Tue 15-Jan-19 10:40:24

You are my people.

I have had it with:

Teen-splainers
Man-splainers
Childless left wing ass-holes telling me what my DC should/should not do
Childless right wing ass-holes as above
Vegans who eat cheese
Vegetarians who eat fish
Strangers give me advice on my arthritis
Friends who openly wonder if they are 'coming down with' arthritis because 'my wrist is a bit tender'
People who think their dogs are special and allowed everywhere
People who think their children are special and allowed everywhere

God its so good to get it off my chest.

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 15-Jan-19 10:41:24

That BBC icons thing has irrationally pissed me off. What’s the fucking point? Why do we need months of breathless speculation on the One Show as to whether people think Earnest Shackleton will beat Martin Luther King. It’s reducing historical figures to the level of a Pokemon battle. There’s no objective best 20century icon, it’s entirely subjective.

Also kids on scooters and balance bikes every bloody place I go. I was queuing at immigration at Heathrow the other week, and noticed a couple of kids with scooter/suitcase combos. What idiot thought “I know, let’s combine the ankle bashing irritation of a child wheeling a trunki through an airport with the shin bruising annoyance of a child on a scooter in a busy place”?

Lydiaatthebarre Tue 15-Jan-19 10:41:25

Silly expressions like 'reaching out' and 'playdate'.

Poems asking for money in wedding invitations.

Big, expensive, long drawn out hen parties.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:41:57

I may get flamed for this one but...

It being acceptable to go outside in your pyjamas or tracksuit bottoms when not playing sports. I don't mind casual but a bit of effort would be nice. Nowadays it seems to be trendy to look like you just got out of bed but with a full face of makeup on!

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 15-Jan-19 10:41:57

I was having this conversation with a group of similarly minded middle aged friends recently. We all agreed that we no longer had any tolerance for nonsense.

Is it a hormonal thing do you think, like teenagers getting rebellious in oreder to break out from the family unit. Are middle aged women programmed to have a bullshit filter in order to stop the tribe from going off the rails with new fangled nonsense?

Or is it to give men an excuse to cull the non breeders and leave us out on the ice somewhere?

Fatasfook Tue 15-Jan-19 10:42:04

Snapchat filters
Kids with smartphones
Political apathy
Self righteous arseholes
Rude bastards
Smokers
Entitled pet owners
Humans

poundoflard Tue 15-Jan-19 10:43:03

Oh another

Have the second child = rush out and buy a 7 seater.
or have a 3rd and get a fucking minibus

Lollicent Tue 15-Jan-19 10:43:49

Actors/singers who think their political stand point is more important than everyone else. Shut up.

Internet influences and vloggers. Get a proper job.

Footballers and actors earning ridiculous amounts of money. Again, get a proper job.

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 15-Jan-19 10:44:08

This is the scooter case thing

Lydiaatthebarre Tue 15-Jan-19 10:44:16

People who can't sit through a two hour film without constantly chewing and slurping and gorging and rustling, not to mention stinking the place out with those bloody nachos.

Lydiaatthebarre Tue 15-Jan-19 10:44:51

shock Bluth

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:45:10

Balance bikes in general. Get a trike like everyone else!

sarahjconnor Tue 15-Jan-19 10:45:12

God you lot are on it today

The BBC full stop!
"playdates"
tiny children having 'little boy/girl friends'
idiots who think that retweeting something about climate change/racism whatever changes a GOD DAMN THING

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 15-Jan-19 10:46:52

That scooter thing is a work of twisted genius. What evil mind could conceive of such a thing? My kids would've loved it.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:46:56

@poundoflard in fairness that's likely to do with massive car seats not fitting in a regular car. I've got 3 kids and we can't all get in a normal sized 5 person vehicle unless it's an SUV as they're all in car seats.

MissusDave Tue 15-Jan-19 10:47:27

People who boast about how late they have to work. Clearly you are just inefficient.

Advice about how best to raise your child. Especially when it's clearly judgy, extra marks for backhanded compliment "well of course our Timothy has been using a knife and fork since he could sit up, but it's so open minded that you still let your children "explore" their food with their hands at their age..." bleugh

Fake tan. Especially when your face is a different colour to the rest of you. And it's the middle of winter and no one has seen the sun for what feels like forever.

Yes yes yes on the instamums especially because you know damn well that there is a catastrophic mess just off camera

I feel like I'm too young to be this grumpy, but I guess it's good practice for when I'm actually over 60

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Tue 15-Jan-19 10:47:29

I have found my people!

The obscene amount footballers get paid

Designer handbags that cost thousands

Young girls caked in make up with ridiculous eyebrows

All the z-list 'celebs' from reality shows

Gemma fucking Collins - vile, talentless woman

Hen/stag parties that go on for days and have to happen abroad

Excessive overindulgence and people panic-buying mountains of food for Christmas - the shops are shut for ONE DAY

The americanisation of Halloween

People being rude to NHS doctors and nurses

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:47:45

Oh god @Lydia cinema food makes me have the rage.

oh4forkssake Tue 15-Jan-19 10:48:27

@Lydiaatthebarre I had the chewing slurping and rustling thing at the ballet recently!! I do not need the overture for Swan Lake interrupted by a fucking crisp packet. I was so cross.

And the girls behind me got flipping told before the start of Act III. The look I got from their mother was choice. I didn't give a shit.

If you can't teach your children how to behave in a theatre, don't fucking bring them.

gogogoforit Tue 15-Jan-19 10:48:55

Talentless nobodies becoming celebrities because they slept with a footballer/are related to somebody well known/made an exhibition of themselves on some tacky reality show.

The whole 'school gate mum' stuff.

People throwing tantrums because their child hasn't been invited to a wedding. In fact anyone who thinks their child is the second coming and should be welcomed everywhere and anywhere.

Home77 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:49:13

Drama about things which have always been there, and angst about it being some kind of new 'epidemic'. such as the 'loneliness epidemic'

It's always been there but suddenly it's like it is a new thing. and other dramas about such things. The endless over angst and anxiety about normal things.

arranbubonicplague Tue 15-Jan-19 10:49:45

I have so little tolerance for anything I deem "silly" that I'm actually worried that I'm not just a grumpy old bag but a budding murderess.

grin

Strangers give me advice on my arthritis
Friends who openly wonder if they are 'coming down with' arthritis because 'my wrist is a bit tender'

Seems you can't have an auto-immune/inflammatory arthritis without people immediately beginning to lecture you (and it is lecture ) you on diet/turmeric/rubbing yourself with unicorn fat, wearing a cocoa fibre cape and dancing under the moon.

Home77 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:50:48

Also the whole drama over 'parenting' and like it is something to be correct on / perfect on. People have always had children. It's part of life. And people sharing stuff on social media about how to get it right.

PatchworkDoll Tue 15-Jan-19 10:51:00

People who skip queues - We are all in a hurry.
People who manage to take up the entire pavement and make it hard to pass them out
This endless obession with being an ‘influencer’, preaching nonsence to their ‘followers’ or worse still, making a fortune out of it Gwyneth Paltrow is shameless. Mind you if fools and their money are easily parted maybe she is right.
Car drivers expecting other motorists to give way to them and not get the way when they are on the road.
Car drivers who use full beams right behind you, flashing lights, beepig horns then overtake at a spead of knots.
‘Experts’ who really aren’t experts at all.
Political polls with headlines announcing ‘x of the population want/agree with y’. It isn’t, it is of the number of people polled, usually 1000 and nearly always the same people as the previous one.

Lavenderee Tue 15-Jan-19 10:51:01

-I have no time for attention seeking. If you’re not going to further embellish as to why you’re “done with people!/fuming!/SO upset!/at hospital” Sally, then I don’t give a fuck.
- I have no time for gigantic thick stripes of black eyeliner masquerading as eyebrows.
- I have no time for kids telling me they’re “shook” or “woke” or calling me “bro.” Call your brother “bro.” Not me.
- I have no time for one upmanship. My husband is accomplished at this. I’ve got a raging temperature and can barely keep my eyes open as I shiver under a blanket and try to tend children, but his achy back requires a bath and early bed, because it’s just horrendous.
- I have no time for people who let you know they know something but can’t tell you what. Don’t tell me anything then! Either tell me all of it or don’t even hint at it!

Reallyevilmuffin Tue 15-Jan-19 10:52:32

My DP spending like 15-20 on designer baby grows and then getting upset when they stain/don't wash properly

sarahjconnor Tue 15-Jan-19 10:52:56

Have you tried Epsom salts. The next fucking person who says that is having them funnelled into their arsehole. I am done.

Loving this thread op. Thanks so much

gogogoforit Tue 15-Jan-19 10:53:42

People who jump on the latest health bandwagon and with no diagnosis whatsoever decide they are 'gluten intolerant' or suffer from 'anxiety' or whatever. Everyone feels a bit bloated when they eat too much bread, and gets nervous or anxious about certain things. Stop hijacking genuine conditions that people have been diagnosed with or are in the process of being tested for, to make yourself sound more interesting

crochetmonkey74 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:54:08

Dad and daughter 'dates'
Parents being best friends with their children instead of parents
Snapchat filters
'funny' 'buffoon' men who actually are evil. (Rees Mogg, BoJo)
Piers Morgan on telly
Children as mini gods, never to be inconvenienced criticised or upset
People who think their dogs are more important than anyone elses wishes/ thoughts about dogs
Showing off on Facebook
People who will say hello to you at work one day then completely ignore you the next !!

MissusDave Tue 15-Jan-19 10:55:40

@reallyevilmuffin just designer baby clothes in general. It's ridiculous. When she was a baby my DD was given so many impractical clothes as gifts. Really, a satin hand wash only party dress with a velvet collar? You shouldn't have. No seriously, you shouldn't have. Now I have to put her in it when I see you, then wash the bastard thing because it looks like it cost more than the contents of my entire wardrobe.

viques Tue 15-Jan-19 10:56:11

Huge tattooed/ overdrawn eyebrows.

And all of the above.

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 10:56:36

Headbands on girl babies. Especially when they don't have hair. Why?!

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 15-Jan-19 10:56:57

Awful, inept, thick, unprincipled politicians
Woke leftie dudebros <eyes DH suspiciously>
Talentless vacuous people famous for being famous
Classic pop tunes being slowed down, covered by a breathy cracked voice girl singer, and used on every single advert on the telly, what happened to original ideas?
Instagram and fake lives
Slack, lazy parenting being excused as bohemian, liberal parenting
People just eating and eating everywhere, all the time.

poundoflard Tue 15-Jan-19 10:57:22

SELINE

Honda Jazz, 3 car seats in the back . Buggy in the boot. Boom!

But also my point, 2 kids fit in a 5 seater, 3 /4 kids in 7 seater, no need for a ten seater, taking up 2 parking spaces if you see what I mean.

solongthen Tue 15-Jan-19 10:57:46

I agree with all of this.

Would like to add people who use self service checkouts in supermarkets and scan all their shopping into a pile and when they’re finished they search around for their bag for life and then pack it. Put the stuff direct into the bag, why won’t you do this!

TheHodgeoftheHedge Tue 15-Jan-19 10:57:46

I have found my people. Can we move away from the rest of the world please?

Lavenderee Tue 15-Jan-19 10:57:48

Oh, and mansplaining. As much as I loathe all these made up words (Brexit is the one that really grinds my gears. It’s not a word. You all sound stupid saying it on the news), this is one I take less issue with because the act is so widespread. From men telling me how to deal with periods and post childbirth injuries, to men telling me how to drive, I hate them all. I tried to nod along and grit my teeth the other day when my husband was mansplaining to me the better way to prepare dinner. I only do it every fucking day, apart from when a blue moon falls on a Thursday, then he will do it and do it badly. So I said to him, “thanks for your explanation but I know exactly what I’m doing, given that I’ve done it daily for about 18 years.” Right on cue, out comes the hurt bunny look. Which I also have no time for

gnushoes Tue 15-Jan-19 10:58:00

People who walk two or three abreast on a pavement and refuse to bloody move an inch to let you past without walking on the road. Also includes parents with buggies and children on scooters. Parents of scooter kids who ignore them hurtling towards you because they are on their fecking phones.
Brexiter politicians who talk through their arses.
Women being encouraged to look like plastic Barbie dolls with fake eyebrows and tits and no body hair
Most of the things everyone else has said.

thighofrelief101 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:58:49

Glottal stops, just no. I caught one of my adult DC saying "wa'er" (water) the other day. I'm just disgusted.

gogogoforit Tue 15-Jan-19 10:59:35

Pointless meetings and groups and committees at work that come up with pointless reports that then need an implementation group to discuss the recommendations that will end up being completely ignored anyway.

Silly meaningless jobtitles -'Deputy Director of Resources', 'Customer Facilities Executive' and so on.

dustarr73 Tue 15-Jan-19 10:59:49

Babyshowers.

I have been invited to a babyshower,theres a list you can buy off.No problem there saves doubling up.

But and i cant believe this.The organiser has put in a message can anyone pay off her pram bundle.I dont know how much is left to be paid.

But i looked it up and my god its nearly a thousand euro.Thats just money grabbing and rude.

oh4forkssake Tue 15-Jan-19 10:59:50

For all my fellow cinema/theatre noise haters

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 11:00:06

@poundoflard I'll have a look at the Jazz. We tried to fit all three seats in the Peugeot 207 the other day and as you can imagine, failed massively.

flapjackfairy Tue 15-Jan-19 11:00:15

Fake tan ! Fake hair. Plastic faces and pneumatic boobs.
People calling one another babes !
Grave announcements on the news informing us of ground breaking research that is just common sense . Millions of pounds spent to state the obvious ! E.g. latest research shows that overweight children have a higher than average chance of being an overweight adult type thingy . Just made that up but no doubt someone is wasting millions researching it as I type !

sarahjconnor Tue 15-Jan-19 11:01:50

The Oatmeal on cinemas
theoatmeal.com/comics/movie_theater_layout

Feckitall Tue 15-Jan-19 11:02:24

All of the above!!! grin

add
colleagues shit stirring, lying and generally being two faced..

Sniffers, Loud eaters..use manners!

Those who share FB scams/hoaxes, get off Facebook....use some brains, stop showing the world how dense you are..

Lweji Tue 15-Jan-19 11:03:03

Fake nails.
Photos of everything on FB, particularly food.
Woe me posts on FB without a mention of the reason.
Median food presented in Master Chef fashion. With Michelin * prices.
Vegans with pets.
Animal lovers who treat or call their animals as children. The last one was "babies" - I thought actual babies had been abandoned, FFS!
"My opinion counts the same as yours, even though it's contrary to all (scientific) data and it's clearly bollocks".

DarlingNikita Tue 15-Jan-19 11:03:07

The fucking lot, it all pisses me off.

Yeah, me too grin

And people letting their kids ride their scooters in a tiny food shop with busy crowded aisles. Who is that fucking entitled?!?

People hinting at problems on FB instead of just saying it straight: 'Sometimes people just really upset me; I'm sure they don't mean to, but I'm sitting here crying.'
Then a load of sycophants pile in with 'Oh hun what's up?xxx' etc. Attention-seeking twats.

And people putting their phones on in the fucking cinema. Switch it the fuck off you rude twat.

I'm really tired and grouchy this morning.

Loopytiles Tue 15-Jan-19 11:03:08

Political journalists. Too gleeful, in a bubble.

popcornwizard Tue 15-Jan-19 11:04:02

Every fucking thing. All of it. And you.

mumsastudent Tue 15-Jan-19 11:04:07

Brexit anything to do with it
workman who do quote & go out of contact
people whose kitchen are always immaculate (don't they cook do they spend their entire life cleaning up & do all their family always close cupboard doors after them - clue: I binge clean housework is BORING)

OopsInamechangedagain Tue 15-Jan-19 11:04:22

People who refer to their "little family" - I'm not sure why that turn of phrase makes me feel so murderous but STOP IT!

Seline Tue 15-Jan-19 11:04:29

"My opinion counts the same as yours, even though it's contrary to all (scientific) data and it's clearly bollocks".
This one really boils my piss.

Rudgie47 Tue 15-Jan-19 11:05:00

People talking at me for ages about health problems, Grandchildren, bragging and boasting etc. I'm not interested at all.

People should either bore their families to death with all this crap or pay for counselling.

PlumpSyrianHamster Tue 15-Jan-19 11:05:16

P&C spaces, but them at the back of the shops or get rid. We all lived without them for years.

Vegans - yeah, go ahead, eat your rabbit food, no one else wants to hear about it.

Brexit

thighofrelief101 Tue 15-Jan-19 11:06:00

Massive eyebrows! Why??

Plastic, immobile faces.

Newspeak, use real words please.

appless Tue 15-Jan-19 11:07:13

People who get overly angry over insignificant things, or over things that are expected and normal in a certain social situation, such as rustling sweet packets in a cinema or a neighbour mowing their lawn.

DustyMaiden Tue 15-Jan-19 11:07:22

News headlines that suggest something completely untrue.
Followed by a non event.
News articles that keep repeating them selves.
Morons being allowed to vote.
Tv shows that keep recapping every 10 minutes l.

Sweetpea55 Tue 15-Jan-19 11:08:42

Im home..!!!
Women with pvc eyebrows
And again..'celebs' who have a baby and then have to write a book about child care or weaning
Office workers meeting in the pub after work and having a shouty competition.
Energy salespeople who try and get me to change over then dismiss me when they know my dh pays the bill ( a good way to get rid of them)
Sales assistants who lump your change into your hand with the note on the bottom..

Breakawaygirl Tue 15-Jan-19 11:08:48

People being continuously late or overly wishy-washy (especially in love.)

Would you like to go out for tacos? Oh maybe.

My mum has been terminally ill and I just find that I have no patience for 'maybe' or 'I'm not sure.' Life is a once around, yes or no, don't waste my time.

Lweji Tue 15-Jan-19 11:09:29

Morons being allowed to vote.

I can live with that. I'm more worried about morons being allowed to run for office.

TheGrump Tue 15-Jan-19 11:10:18

Love this thread!

'Hook Day' topic dress up at the start of each new term at primary school...When did this bollocks start up? Seriously, if you can't interest your class in <insert random yawn topic here> without asking them to dress up as the great fire of London or what not then go back to teacher school.

On reflection, now that my beta blockers have kicked in, it's not the teachers I take issue with. They are just trying to make dullsville 'fun' no doubt. It's the other parents who turn these things into a massive competition by creating elaborate costumes for their child that make it all a nonsense.

The 'WE ARE JUST SO CREATIVE DONTCHA KNOW" family go and spoil it by dressing their child up as a working thatched cottage complete with collapsing 'burnt' roof.... etc.

<stares at DDs bizarre cocopops box mask on the theme of 'fire'>

Proud she has done it herself but hope we don't get a letter about unhealthy choices at breakfast... They can do one.

bigbluebus Tue 15-Jan-19 11:11:08

People who seem to share everything that comes up on their FB newdfeed clearly without reading it. It may be useful to share that lost dog or person post, but scroll down the comments and you'll see they were found 3 days ago - so I don't need to know.

Witchofzog Tue 15-Jan-19 11:11:09

I know this is a light hearted thread and I have joined in, in the spirit of it. And sorry to put a temporary downer on this but @home77 - you think loneliness is nonsense? I am guessing you are one of those people who have a decent sized family and don't know what it feels like to be lonely? Well I do and trust me it is not fucking nonsense. It is utterly heartbreaking and soul destroying feeling lonely. I work as an hcp and many of my clients are also isolated and lonely. I actually thought this was becoming more recognised and it was becoming less "shameful" to admit to being lonely and then along comes someone smug who illustrates that, for some, attitudes still have not changed angry

Sorry everyone else. Aside from the comment I mentioned I am actually really enjoying this thread

almondfinger Tue 15-Jan-19 11:11:10

All of the above and can I add,
Athleisure wear - ffs. Unless you are exercising put on some bloody clothes. The aim of the gear is to support you while you work out not allow your bulges and bumps free reign to keep expanding while you chomp down another McDonalds, with a diet coke natch!

Fog lights on all the time - Is it that you drove out of the garage with them on and not sure how to turn them off, or you just like every bloody light on your car switched on and glaring at all times?

Gemma Collins, who the fu(k does she think she is? Yes I know she's The GC!!! The star of the show? If she is considered a role model God help us all

karala Tue 15-Jan-19 11:11:25

I have found my tribe!

People who cannot have a conversation with their next-door neighbour/acquaintance/colleague about some perceived slight. People who cannot do someone a favour without getting ridiculously worked up about CFdom. People who 'didn't like to say anything" to the person concerned but will go on every social media channel available to whine about it. And breathe.

Yearofthemum Tue 15-Jan-19 11:12:03

A worrying amount of the above!

CreakyBlinder Tue 15-Jan-19 11:13:40

Adults who loudly delight over kids stuff: Pokemon, fucking books about orphan wizards, etc.

I mean, like that stuff if you have had a lobotomy want to, but don't be under the illusion that it makes you cool or sexy. It makes you an embarrassment of a 32 year old who should be spending their money on moving out of their mums house, and not on some shitty toy figures.

CantWaitToRetire Tue 15-Jan-19 11:13:47

Just about everything above, plus:

People who don't stop/slow at junctions and just speed out and expect you (who has right of way) to be good with your brakes
Anyone who waits at the bus stop outside my house and throws their rubbish into my front garden
Refuse collectors who throw the empty boxes down in the middle of my drive, damaging the box and blocking access (I live on a main road so not always easy to stop and move the box when I'm returning)
People who park across your drive/drop curb
Anyone who offers an unsolicited opinion
Extremely noisy fireworks going off at random times
The morons who are grabbing bags from overhead lockers and standing up in the aisle when the plane has barely reached the terminal
Seat kickers in cinemas and on planes
The use of the word 'parent' as a verb. Don't know why but that one really bugs me.

...just life basically. I could go on and on and on; I'm a right old grump and get worse as I get older.

Badtasteflump Tue 15-Jan-19 11:14:13

Grumpy old women moaning about everything.

Live and let live.

wink

ByeGermsByeWorries Tue 15-Jan-19 11:15:08

Men who make creepy irrelevant "joke" comments on fb posts. Eg: someone posted a thread in a group I'm in which said "show me your dogs and puppies" and the comment from creep followed "these weren't the kind of puppies I was expecting sad" followed by a gif of a woman squeezing her breasts together. hmm

Schools thinking parents can just drop everything to go in, in the middle of the day when summoned "urgently" just to tell you that your autistic child reacted to something at lunchtime and can you talk to them about it and tell them not to do it again. This could have been done via email, telephone, text, letter in bag, or after school.

Hermes.

Onlyjoinedforthisthread Tue 15-Jan-19 11:15:26

People who ruin a light hearted thread!

News presenters reporting live from the scene, we don't need to see a dark beach or you knee high in flood water, just stay in the studio out of the fucking way

crochetmonkey74 Tue 15-Jan-19 11:15:39

overuse of the term 'social anxiety' to describe perfectly normal annoying things that none of us like doing.
the then inevitable 'but I have #socialanxiety and I can't go out and also i have blah,blahblah'
The expectation that simply because you might have offended them, they can play the trump card of offence and make you apologise.
Ed Sheeran and any artist/ X Factor singer who is singing about their dead nan/ ill brother/ soldier father as if this is a badge of honour.
People who call their pets furbabies

MrDarcyWillBeMine Tue 15-Jan-19 11:15:40

People who book their calendars fully up 6 months in advance! Then complain when you organise something that clashes!!

Absoloutley HATE people who are hours late and don’t let you know! Feel like half our family/friends are doing this atm- does no one give a shit about punctuality anymore!

20 minutes- fine! 😒
1.5 hours - you’re not coming in! Sod off!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: