Talk

Advanced search

To ask your best ever

(12 Posts)
shpoot Fri 11-Jan-19 22:02:35

Holiday destination?

I have 3 family holidays to plan for this year. April, August and October. 2 kids primary age.

We like the sun, happy to self cater or all inclusive. Love to travel. We like the average pool holiday with kids clubs etc but are also up for anything different.

Please inspire me.

FenellasRedVelvetDress Fri 11-Jan-19 22:04:58

Penang.
Malaysia.
Gorgeous weather, beaches, restaurants/ cheap eating places and the people are fab.
Not Georgetown, (that’s the capital of the island) look further up the coast from there.
Amazing place.

recklessgran Fri 11-Jan-19 22:08:14

Crete - can't beat a Greek Island. Great weather and the Greeks LOVE children. Best holidays ever.

HappydaysArehere Fri 11-Jan-19 22:16:49

New Zealand North and South Islands
Kauai, one of the Hawaiian Islands. Also Maui and Ohuahu (not Honolulu).

Suziepoozie Fri 11-Jan-19 23:11:20

Menorca. Beautiful place with lovely people. Near Mahon is nicest as the beaches on that side tend to be safer and it’s less cloudy.

shpoot Fri 11-Jan-19 23:20:34

Thanks for the ideas! One holiday will definitely be Crete

Notreallyhere2 Fri 11-Jan-19 23:26:51

Is it cheating to say a Med cruise? Plenty of sun, pool, relax time but also an opportunity to tick off seeing loads of bucket list stuff- Rome, pisa, dolphins, camp nou (I have footbally boys) etc. Kids clubs but also family activities.

Was a proper memorable time.

GhostSauce Fri 11-Jan-19 23:28:45

Barcelona
Portland Oregan
Malcesine Italy

goose1964 Fri 11-Jan-19 23:31:51

Any Greek island but don't stay in a main resort, it's easy to get around by public transport so hiring a car is not necessary.

nutellalove Fri 11-Jan-19 23:32:30

Thailand
New York
Dubai

Daffodil2018 Fri 11-Jan-19 23:34:10

Cape Town and the wine lands around Stellenbosch. Great food, great weather, no jet lag and simply the most beautiful country I’ve been to.

cricketmum84 Fri 11-Jan-19 23:40:52

Weird my comment didn't post!

Have a look at Aruba. It's Caribbean but without the safety restrictions you see in places like Jamaica or Dominican. It's perfectly safe to leave your hotel and wander round the markets with lovely friendly locals. Lots of days out even with the island being so small, off road jeep safaris, snorkelling, submarine tours. It's my most favourite place I've ever been.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: