Talk

Advanced search

To lie about getting a boob job?

(75 Posts)
user1490465531 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:07:12

AIBU to lie to my family if/when I go in for a boob job?
I was hoping to do it later this year but they will give me so much grief over the money I'm spending I really can't face telling them.
Might need one of them to look after my dd whilst I go in so was just going to make out I'm going in for something else but I hate lying about something like this.
AIBU to consider this .
And what could I even say I'm going in for without getting them worried?

PenelopeFlintstone Fri 11-Jan-19 21:52:17

What do they think you should spend it on?

budgetneeded Fri 11-Jan-19 21:52:29

it will be near impossible to "hide"
someone with only a little bit of training will spot all the tell tale signs.
when my mother had her breast surgery she had to wear a compression dressing and there were follow up appointment etc etc
just tell the truth

Lollypop701 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:53:11

Tell them nhs have covered it for psychological reasons, as you told gp you were depressed...

GabsAlot Fri 11-Jan-19 21:53:17

you will need to tell them incase of emergencies they will ask for a contact number aswell and u cant drive straight after a GA

unless youre in debt to them or someone else just tell them its not their business

Dahlietta Fri 11-Jan-19 21:53:40

I've never seen a boob job that didn't look like a boob job, even the 'subtle' ones.

Well, surely you wouldn't know, would you? grin

MissLanesAmericanCousin Fri 11-Jan-19 21:54:48

I think it's silly to be 40 and lying to your parents about something so insignificant.

user1490465531 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:54:59

My dd is 11 so can see to herself pretty much.
Would get a cab back from the hospital or I've got a friend that could pick me up.

Ellie56 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:55:05

hmm

Not a good idea really.

blueshoes Fri 11-Jan-19 21:55:46

If it is subtle and you don't flaunt them with tight low cut tops as some women who get boob jobs are wont to do, I don't imagine people would notice. Some may suspect but you don't have to confirm.

If you have put on weight, then say it is part of the weight gain. No point attracting prurient interest by admitting to it.

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 11-Jan-19 21:56:30

you need to tell them as someone will need to bring you home. you will also need help with your dd or you will end up in pain if you don't rest. I had implants when I was 19 and felt ok the second day so overdid it and ended up in a lot of pain. please don't underestimate the toll on your body, I was up and about quicker after all 3 of my kids births

Ellisandra Fri 11-Jan-19 21:56:54

I think you’d be better off spending the money on therapy to help you get over, by age 40, your parents’ opinion!

FenellasRedVelvetDress Fri 11-Jan-19 21:57:08

Before you commit to this google Colin Hendrys wife. Kanye Wests Mum. Probably they went to the best surgeons money could buy.

They are two of many who are dead/disfigured through needless surgery. I know two women with horrible scars, pain and one of them has wonky tits.
I simply cannot understand having non necessary surgery - which always carries a risk - when you have a child that needs you.

I think you should tell somebody in case something goes wrong and make sure your will is in order.
I hope it all goes well for you but I do think it needs pointing out that you should have your affairs in order. Is it really worth it? Is there not another way you could improve your self esteem without resorting to this?
Playing devils advocate.

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 11-Jan-19 21:57:11

sorry cross posted with your dds age

user1490465531 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:58:05

They are against any surgery unless absolutely necessary.

TrotEsio Fri 11-Jan-19 21:58:23

@CSIblonde I don't understand how you went from a 32 to a 34 inch back? The operation increases your bust not your back measurement?!

Iamdanish Fri 11-Jan-19 22:01:41

I suppose the only way you can pull this off is if your entire family is blind.
Why lie to get childcare, that would make me feel used and I would be furious for being taken for a fool.

Villanelley Fri 11-Jan-19 22:01:43

It's doable on your own. No need to tell anyone. Good luck flowers

GabsAlot Fri 11-Jan-19 22:02:15

i agree about non essential surgery but stil not their business-lie if u want to but its your life

Gigglebrain Fri 11-Jan-19 22:05:22

User, I’m absolutely in favour of you doing this if to want to, it’s your body and your decision, but, a family member had one done, they got infected and she had to have them removed, so all that money gone.
Also, I would be wary of having unnecessary surgery when this have a child, what if something goes wrong?
As for your parents, I can totally understand, I’m 44 and didn’t tell my mum something recently because I knew she’d tell me off 😬😬.

cuppycakey Fri 11-Jan-19 22:09:45

Tricky one. I am also against non necessary surgery, especially when you have a young child.

However, your choice. I agree with PP that it is very odd you do not feel at 40 that you can tell your parents you are having a boob job because you cannot face their disapproval. Is it more than that? Do they support you financially or with regular childcare whilst you work? If they do then I can kind of see why they might be a bit hacked off.

I really don't think you should lie. Just brazen it out. Big Girls Pants.

Cookiedough123 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:10:22

People will only notice if you go crazy different. I was 34a and had 450cc over the muscle. Im now a D cup. If i wore padded bras they would look massive but i tend to live in sports bras as they are super comfy so i dont look much different in clothes. The hospital wont discharge you when youve had general anaesthetic unless you have someone who will stay with you for the first 24 hours.

lily2403 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:16:44

Can you not leave her with a friend?

ISmellBabies Fri 11-Jan-19 22:20:35

You don't have to tell them you're going to hospital at all. Just say you're having a night out (which you are)! Your medical ins and outs aren't anyone else's business.

VanGoghsDog Fri 11-Jan-19 22:21:01

The hospital will not discharge you to go home in a cab, you have to have someone to pick you up.

Depending how much you have done they may not notice, no-one has noticed I've had my hair dyed, though it is noticeable to me.

FenellasRedVelvetDress Fri 11-Jan-19 22:25:28

I’m very concerned over your comment
MyDD is 11 so can see to herself pretty much

Do you really think it’s right to put your care into the hands of a child ? Because that’s what she is - a child.
What if you are ill? What if something goes wrong? Are you really going to put the responsibility on her shoulders?
I’m pretty shocked that you think an 11 year old can see to themselves but I’m horrified to think she can look after a post op patient.

I think, reading your posts, that it’s not surgery you should be looking at yet but maybe - and I’m saying this in a kind way- maybe you should look at some therapy first. Your emotional problems, how you view yourself and relationship with your parents will not be sorted out with a bloody boob job.
Go and see your GP. Maybe spend some of the money on some counselling before you commit to non necessary surgery. Nobody’s problems are solved by having bigger tits.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »