Talk

Advanced search

To ask what is the scariest or creepiest thing that's ever happened to you?

(8 Posts)
clouise2018 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:03:27

Share your stories please! grin

brizzledrizzle Fri 11-Jan-19 19:24:53

Having tabloid 'journalists' ask personal questions on MN in lieu of real journalism and following the request with a grin suggesting that they are delighted with their 'ingenuity'

StoneofDestiny Fri 11-Jan-19 19:30:15

When Thatcher was elected
When Trump was elected

SheAlreadyDoneHadHerses Fri 11-Jan-19 21:35:29

When I was 15 and living at home my bedroom had a window which looked out onto the flat roof of the conservatory below. The head of my bed was directly below this window. Window was smallish (40 x 100cm ish) and not overlooked so didn't have a curtain. One summer night I was sleeping with the windows open and was woken up at 2 am. Looked towards the window above my head in the direction of the noise to see a large man standing on the flat roof looking at me, head about level with mine as I knelt on my bed looking up. I have never felt such fear. Screamed for my dad who came running... The man turned to be my neighbour's brother. He said he'd climbed onto the roof to get to next door's roof to fix their satellite (in the middle of the night?!). I don't know what he was really doing but I don't believe the satellite story. Even weirder was afterwards he kept sending me flowers "to apologise".

Kethy Fri 11-Jan-19 22:09:24

@clouise2018
What do you mean by 'creepiest'?

Stepmum3 Fri 11-Jan-19 22:30:30

When I was about 10 I was home alone. My mum had died two years previous. I was stood in my kitchen and too the side of me I heard my mum say Stepmum3 are you ok? Needless to say I screamed and locked myself in the living room and rang my dad to come home.it really scared me. Never heard anything again since. I wish I hadn’t been so scared as if it was her maybe I scared her off. In reflection she would never of hurt me if it was her 😢

Kethy Sat 12-Jan-19 11:53:09

Creepy as in spooky, or creepy as in weird?

possumgoddess Sat 12-Jan-19 23:05:31

I used to work in a bar and used to chat to the customers, particularly the regulars. There was one chap who came in most nights I was working so we used to chat quite a lot. I was single at the time. Then I received a Valentine's card with a mobile phone number in it and no name, I had a pretty good idea it was from him but I had not given him my address or surname or any more idea of where I lived than the general area so it really freaked me out and I avoided him whenever possible. A couple of weeks later I got home to find a message on my answering machine ( it was about 15 years ago) asking me why I hadn't rung him. I hadn't given him my phone number either. After that I ensured that I was always very polite when I needed to serve him but never did any more than taking his order and giving him his change when I had to. I also always made sure I had a chain on my door and that the house was secure. He stopped coming to the bar after another couple of months luckily, but he did spend a fair bit of that time asking me why I wouldn't talk to him and trying to get my attention. Still gives me the creeps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: