Talk

Advanced search

To ask you what has changed in your life once you quit smoking?

(305 Posts)
proseccoaficionado Tue 01-Jan-19 09:10:51

That's it, folks.

I set my date for the end of January (some stressful events in January).

Please tell me the positive aspects of quitting smoking, what has changed in your life and please, your top tips to stay away from it.

I have to admit I'm a bit terrified and never tried to quit before. I want to do it once and for good.

Thank you and a Happy New Year, everyone

proseccoandbooks Sun 24-Feb-19 13:16:14

@importantkath I can't actually believe I just cried. I feel so soft.
But I know I can do it!

Girlicorne Sun 24-Feb-19 13:18:02

@proseccoandbooks are you the OP? Congratulations on quitting! Can I ask about the IQOS? I ve been looking at this as me and DH are currently spending £750 a month on smoking and it's bloody disgraceful! I can't get on with vaping and cold turkey is out of the question. I can't find any info about the HEET sticks, how do they equate to fags? I smoke 20 a day, how many HEET sticks is this? Thanks in advance and best of luck with quitting!!

SeeYouLaterUserData Sun 24-Feb-19 13:29:46

proseccoandbooks

Hey! My easy quit app has just reminded me I stopped on 20th January! You can do this! I found nicorette chewing gum helped me...have some inhalation sticks that I don't understand in case I get desperate but ok so far. First 3 days are the worst....focus on that and you are pretty much there except for psychological stuff.

You're worth it flowers

proseccoandbooks Sun 24-Feb-19 13:41:17

@Girlicorne heets have the same price as cigarettes + the device itself which is really poorly made.

How about you just quit, too?gringringrin

Kirsty157 Sun 24-Feb-19 14:02:02

Well done OP. I’ve been smoke free for three years now and I’ve never looked back. I found the why quit website brilliant. For me, understanding the science behind my addiction was really important for helping me break it.
I can actually run now, and I’m so much richer 😀
Good luck with the rest of your quitting journey

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »