Talk

Advanced search

To think she's batshit?!

(112 Posts)
Ohnospaghettioh Tue 18-Dec-18 14:02:14

Mil refuses to come on days out with me and my children, including refusing to come to his birthday meal because she says she's not well and it would be too much for her. She recently refused my invitation to come along to Santa's grotto with us as it would be too much to wait in a queue.
Then yesterday she sent me a message and some professional photos to show that she had taken her PARROT to see Santa at a grotto! She had actually gone to a kids Christmas grotto and paid for her parrot to meet Santa and sit on his shoulder, and then paid for the photos hmm aibu to want to make this bird into a pie so she spends time with my kids instead?!

BookWitch Tue 18-Dec-18 14:37:41

That's hilarious.
Does the parrot get a better present than the grandkids at Christmas as well?

Best thread today grin

DogInATent Tue 18-Dec-18 14:38:47

Eccentric and has a parrot. Sounds like the makings of a great gran, what do the kids think of her? :D

(if she's also got a wooden leg that'd be the icing on the cake!)

FishFingersAndCustard11 Tue 18-Dec-18 14:43:44

Made my day grin

crappygilmore Tue 18-Dec-18 14:45:20

who's a pretty boy then PMSL.

Santaispackinghissleigh Tue 18-Dec-18 14:45:39

Least you know what to get her for Christmas.
A pirate radio!!

EKGEMS Tue 18-Dec-18 14:45:43

I'm glad the Parrot didn't poop on Santa I'm sure that suit is difficult to get stains out!

Didactylos Tue 18-Dec-18 14:45:48

Shes (polly want a) crackers!

RebootYourEngine Tue 18-Dec-18 14:46:05

fgrin

Ginnymweasley Tue 18-Dec-18 14:53:44

My niece is an elf in a Santa's grotto they get so many requests for pictures of Santa with pets. It's all very strange for everyone in the grotto.

MutedUser Tue 18-Dec-18 14:54:08

Mental health issues maybe OP? Maybe a good day when the parrot went to see santa

EleanorShellstropper Tue 18-Dec-18 14:54:21

YADBU!!! Why didn't you invite the parrot to your Santa visit?

(Next time you see her teach the Parrot FILTHY words fgrin )

cadburysflake Tue 18-Dec-18 15:02:34

This has made my day, thank you! I described my mil as batshit on another thread, you make mine seem so average!!!

BistoBear Tue 18-Dec-18 15:04:18

Please post the pictures!!

MinecraftHolmes Tue 18-Dec-18 15:11:15

Maybe a good day when the parrot went to see santa

It would fucking have to be for anyone to take a parrot to the shops to sit on Santa's shoulder!

PaulHollywoodsleftbollockhair Tue 18-Dec-18 15:11:43

I think you need to invest in this .......

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Tue 18-Dec-18 15:13:44

Makes a change from a yappy dog!

DarklyDreamingDexter Tue 18-Dec-18 15:14:46

Nah, she's not batshit, she's parrotshit!

TheDogsMother Tue 18-Dec-18 15:16:39

And this is why the internet was invented. Absolutely brilliant. Please share a picture.

LoadOfUtterBoswellocks Tue 18-Dec-18 15:16:45

Maybe she prefers Polly to your kids? If I was a loony chops old dear who'd done all my childrearing thankyouverymuch, I think I'd cheerfully take my cat to see Santa rather than, say, two raucous bouncy kids full of demands to do stuff, buy stuff, eat stuff and go for wees.

Or maybe she just did it for the cheap Trill. CHEAP TRILL. <wipes eyes> OMG I am hilarious.

LoadOfUtterBoswellocks Tue 18-Dec-18 15:17:35

Ooh, would it be a.....<puts on sunglasses> parrot and oyster pie?

TemptressofWaikiki Tue 18-Dec-18 15:19:41

Given the choice, I'd go with a parrot any day... grin

I took my Greyhounds to meet Santa Paws one year and still chuckle about the hilarious image of these goofy long dogs sitting on Santa's lap with the daftest grins. It was for an animal charity before anyone thinks I am totally mad (although I probably am)

OopsInamechangedagain Tue 18-Dec-18 15:31:08

Maybe it was pining for the fjords and she wanted to cheer it up.

Villanellesproudmum Tue 18-Dec-18 15:34:43

Santa paws is quite a thing where I live, there were three seperate events.

Although the dogs may have scared the parent more than the children, or the parrot scare the dogs, she should have gone to a Santa Caws ..

Picture is needed.

Villanellesproudmum Tue 18-Dec-18 15:35:30

*parrot not parent, although parrot and parrots parent maybe.

Acopyofacopy Tue 18-Dec-18 15:36:06

OMG your mil is most definitely batshit and probably a lost cause, but please don’t go nc ever - this has cheered me up no end! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »