Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or my partner? Light-hearted

(6 Posts)
Andromeida59 Sun 16-Dec-18 15:17:52

Hoping you can tell if I'm in the right or was my DP?

I was on EBay last night flicking through some items (DP collects certain things so I always keep an eye out).

When looking at one listing, in the pictures it showed various attachments. However, the attachments were resting on work rotas. The seller clearly had a gardening business as there was a spreadsheet with names, addresses, work to be carried out and times the occupants would want the job doing.

I was taken aback by this and I messaged the seller to let them know that this information could be seen.
I sent him an email and he emailed me to thank me saying he hadn't realised.

My partner thinks I was unreasonable as it wasn't my business and he thinks I was just interfering. I think he was BU.

Thoughts?

NoShelfElf Sun 16-Dec-18 15:21:53

I think you were right, observant and helpful. Maybe you'll get a discount next time you buy your partner something 😜

cariadlet Sun 16-Dec-18 15:22:20

I think you were being helpful. If the seller thought you were being interfering he'd have either ignored your message or sent you a snotty reply.

ScreamingValenta Sun 16-Dec-18 15:22:24

No, YWNBU - it was a nice thing to do. The people on the rotas wouldn't have been too pleased, I am sure - you've saved their possible concerns and you have saved the seller from possible complaints.

Andromeida59 Sun 16-Dec-18 15:26:11

@noshelfelf ooh good point. I'll tell him that. grin.

LynetteScavo Sun 16-Dec-18 15:45:43

You were just being helpful, like if you'd seen someone drip something in the street and pointed it out to them. You could not "interfere" and they'd lose their glove or whatever, but you were just being nice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: