Talk

Advanced search

Worst insult from your partner?

(209 Posts)
moumoute Sat 15-Dec-18 16:58:20

Not sure that thread will survive

Doyoumind Sat 15-Dec-18 17:04:16

From my previous partner, pretty much as bad as you can imagine. Do you have a twat of a DP OP though? There shouldn't be any insults, should there?

PinkHeart5914 Sat 15-Dec-18 17:05:29

None! DH talks about stuff like a grown up if there is an issue he doesn’t insult me which imo is how it should be.

Are you ok op?

PurpleDaisies Sat 15-Dec-18 17:06:21

My husband doesn’t insult me. Why would I stay with someone who did? confused

SoyDora Sat 15-Dec-18 17:06:58

DH has never insulted me.
Are you ok? Why do you ask?

JustWingingLifeAsUsual Sat 15-Dec-18 17:07:44

"You've got really fat" He just said it randomly out of nowhere. I never asked him for his opinion!

7 months after having my DS! He was right though. I gained 4 stone. I've lost it now thank goodness (for myself, nobody else).

StoneofDestiny Sat 15-Dec-18 17:09:01

bet Elizabeth Windsor could contribute a few!

TimeWoundsAllHeals Sat 15-Dec-18 17:09:07

“You’re just like your mother”

knittedjest Sat 15-Dec-18 17:09:22

My husband once told me that I was my grandmother reincarnated. My grandmother was the laziest, helpless, self-pittying person God ever put breath into. I loved my grandmother but I could think of nothing worse than being like her so that is probably the worst thing somebody could say to me.

IdblowJonSnow Sat 15-Dec-18 17:11:19

Erm, well if this is light hearted, my dh once likened me to Tony Sopranos mum which is about as insulting as it gets!! Her character was immensely toxic. Hope ýoure ok op.

Motoko Sat 15-Dec-18 17:23:51

OP, is this a TAAT? Because your very brief OP, makes it sound like you're talking about another thread.

FishFingersAndCustard11 Sat 15-Dec-18 17:40:04

One time in the summer we were at a bad place in our relationship. I was heavily pregnant and I was wearing pyjama shorts. He come in from work and sat on the furthest seat from me on the couch. He then looked over at me, huffed and moved onto the other couch which was even further. I asked what his problem was and he asked if I could put trousers on because my 'fat thighs' 'disgust' him.

We split up for 4 months after I gave birth and now we're back together. He hasn't said anything horrible since. I still haven't forgiven him and I do blame him for my weight gain. He made me feel very unlovable and unworthy and I was at a very impressionable age. I started comfort eating. I'm slowly working to get the weight off me. My confidence is completely shattered and i don't like getting naked in front of him. I no longer own pyjama shorts either and nor will I ever. It's not the only thing thing he's said, but I find the more personal attacks such as weight insults were the most damaging.

SoyDora Sat 15-Dec-18 17:41:29

Why did you get back together FishFingersAndCustard11?

Cheeeeislifenow Sat 15-Dec-18 17:43:18

You contribute nothing.... It has destroyed me..

FishFingersAndCustard11 Sat 15-Dec-18 17:44:54

@SoyDora
I have post natal depression. He was kind and supportive from about a month after we split, he was honestly a different person. I live 200+ miles from my friends and all my family. I have no money to move near them. He was all I had so I gave it another shot. I was and still am incredibly lonely. I'm slowly building up my social network now by starting to go to baby groups.

Annandale Sat 15-Dec-18 17:45:58

'When we have sex I can't really feel anything, I think you're quite loose'

Fucked our sex life for years, though it eventually improved. Tbh I will never forget it. I saw a gynae physio last month who says my pelvic floor is in spasm, I try so hard to hold it tight and do kegels.

JustWingingLifeAsUsual Sat 15-Dec-18 18:02:22

@Annandale tell him its because his dick is small

easielouisie Sat 15-Dec-18 18:07:35

Some of these are vile. None really from dp except the "give me a break" shit that gets on my tits due it previous relationship issues. And I don't ask for anything, nag or go on grr fenvy Called worse than shit by my ex, hence ex haha but it doesn't effect me, fuck him I'm great as I am!

CoughLaughFart Sat 15-Dec-18 19:03:33

OP, is this a TAAT? Because your very brief OP, makes it sound like you're talking about another thread.

I hate these comments. Either say what you mean or stay quiet.

wondering1101 Sat 15-Dec-18 19:07:28

Dog / stupid bitch / thick cow / fucking lazy bum / stupid / I sat on my “fat arse” doing nothing.

We are divorced now, but I am permanently damaged.

LadyFlangeWidget Sat 15-Dec-18 19:11:48

Your fucking tragic...and...youve become boring....you should loose 10 kilos....

On various occasions when he was drinking.....
We're in the Process of separation..

Dodgepodge Sat 15-Dec-18 19:19:45

None. Ever. In 11 years, never even sworn at each other. We argue, sure, but it never gets heated.

That's what respect is.

Wonkydonkey44 Sat 15-Dec-18 19:22:34

Mine called me a slag once in the heat of an argument . I just stopped and looked at him and said ‘I’m the slag ? I’ve slept with two men in the last 20 years you are very wrong ‘ he apologised as he was truely mortified with himself he’s never said it in the last 10 years

skippy67 Sat 15-Dec-18 19:26:50

" Your football team is crap". It was touch and go for a while after he said that, but we worked through it.

Cadburyssurpriseegg Sat 15-Dec-18 19:35:53

I’m old and boring.

I’ve said a lot worse to him.
So I let it go grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »