Talk

Advanced search

To say to teachers...

(67 Posts)
Treezylover Thu 13-Dec-18 20:17:22

Actually we know that the vast majority of you are treasures and heroes and we do appreciate your endless patience and hard work despite being undervalued and underpaid, even if AIBU says otherwise flowers

brizzledrizzle Thu 13-Dec-18 20:19:22

Gets popcorn.

OP this will be interesting...(I agree with you BTW)

ImAChaiseLongueGetMeOutOfHere Thu 13-Dec-18 20:19:26

Thank you! And we know most parents are reasonable people who want the best for their kids and are happy to follow school guidelines etc!

Sweepington Thu 13-Dec-18 20:19:44

It’s the best job in the world but not without its difficulties. Thank you, Treezy.

IceRebel Thu 13-Dec-18 20:20:00

Seconded star

IndianaMoleWoman Thu 13-Dec-18 20:20:42

When I picked my DD up from school today, the entire class were covered in glue, paint, glitter etc. and every single child came out of those doors grinning from ear to ear and proudly waving their creations. I hope the teacher has her feet up and a large glass of wine on the go; crafting all afternoon with twenty 4/5 yr olds deserves a sainthood, surely?

yawning801 Thu 13-Dec-18 20:21:17

Er... thirded?

Orchidflower1 Thu 13-Dec-18 20:23:14

I emailed my dc school today to say more or less the same thing op! 😀

IceRebel Thu 13-Dec-18 20:25:23

I emailed my dc school today to say more or less the same thing op!

fshock That's a very rare email, i'm sure the teachers will appreciate it. (Then print it off, laminate it and stick it on their fridge)

BlessYourCottonSocks Thu 13-Dec-18 20:25:32

Thanks folks! I know lots of you have got small children (and I definitely couldn't teach them!) but I'm just about to begin marking 150 Mock A level History essays and so any kind of parental gratitude at this point in the year is welcome. Hopefully if I bash away I can get them marked and on the system before we break up for Christmas! wine

clairedelalune Thu 13-Dec-18 20:33:34

icerebel where do you work where you can still afford to laminate?! fgrin
Seriously though, thank you op

Weezol Thu 13-Dec-18 20:34:01

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that being taught to read and write are the best gifts I've ever been given - I was lucky enough to be able to thank my first ever teacher in person when I bumped into her ramdomly some years ago.

Also, to Mrs Fincham who played Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds to a class of eight and nine year olds in (?) 1985 as you read us the story, I have never forgotten you and love Sci Fi to this day. Thank you.

flamboyantchorizo Thu 13-Dec-18 20:34:35

Those of you who feel like this - email the school! CC the Head in too. Our head used to forward such emails to the whole staff as a morale booster.

CharltonLido73 Thu 13-Dec-18 20:35:33

Thank you! And we know most parents are reasonable people who want the best for their kids and are happy to follow school guidelines etc!

That was certainly my experience in 35 years of teaching, I am happy to say.

IceRebel Thu 13-Dec-18 20:36:32

where do you work where you can still afford to laminate?!

A lovely small school. We have A3 and and A4 laminating pouches plus laminator, no signs of acadmisation, TAs in each class and we even have glue sticks!!

(Totally outed myself now.)

Fizzysours Thu 13-Dec-18 20:38:36

GLUE STICKS??? #searchesTESforjobsatyourschool

snowmens Thu 13-Dec-18 20:38:36

Most teachers are great, most kids are great and most parents are great. Unfortunately in all of those categories there are some twats who make things harder for everyone else. I say that as a teacher and a parent.

IceRebel Thu 13-Dec-18 20:39:54

Yes Gluesticks !!! I had 6 on a table earlier, and have half a box still in my cupboard. fshock

spanieleyes Thu 13-Dec-18 20:42:55

we had a delivery of 250 glue sticks today-Christmas has come early!

GameOfGroans Thu 13-Dec-18 20:43:06

But Ice- were they Pritt sticks or own brand glue? Makes a big difference you know wink

IceRebel Thu 13-Dec-18 20:45:01

were they Pritt sticks or own brand glue?

If I admit they're Pritt sticks you'll all hunt me down and steal my stash. So yeah, they're own brand glue... honest fwink

FennyBridges Thu 13-Dec-18 20:46:00

Thanks so much. I love my job (English secondary, nearly 20 years) and most students I teach; I enjoy working really hard and being creative. But it gives me chest pains most days.

It means a lot xx

LJdorothy Thu 13-Dec-18 20:52:43

Aw, thank you so much for that. You've actually brought tears to my eyes. Fennybridges, I'm getting chest pains too... tightness in chest, as if it's hard to breath. Putting it down to being shattered.

Isleepinahedgefund Thu 13-Dec-18 20:54:32

My DD is in a very lovely school about which I can honestly say that each and every staff member is amazing and gives 110% to and for the kids. They

I appreciate all you teachers and support staff out there, you work so hard for our children - thank you all very much.

PS our school still has Pritsticks AND laminating!!

Isleepinahedgefund Thu 13-Dec-18 20:56:16

Oh and I do tell the head and the staff how much I appreciate them, I think it's really important.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »