Talk

Advanced search

to phone the council and say that they forgot to empty my bin.............

(19 Posts)
lucyellensmum Mon 25-Jun-07 11:40:19

Fecking, money pinching feckers at the council only take the rubbish every two weeks and then try to tell us its to MAKE us recycle more (well i recycle loads so lets not go there!).....so now i have a bin full of black bags that are crawling with maggots because there was no room for them in the bin this morning so im thinking i will phone the council and say they forgot to take my bin and do my best impression of indignant shock when they accuse me of lying.

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 25-Jun-07 11:41:15

sorry, YABU.
Wrong to lie even to money pinching feckers.

ruddynorah Mon 25-Jun-07 11:41:25

where are you? you could have used the space in our bin, we only put one black bag a week.

Rubyslippers Mon 25-Jun-07 11:43:51

have you got a larger bin?
You can ring your council and check whether you can get one (where we are a child in nappies counts as 2 people)
i know it doesn't help you now ...

WigWamBam Mon 25-Jun-07 11:43:59

Would be unreasonable, I think - even if they are penny-pinching feckers.

Is there a tip locally that you could take the bags to (or get someone else to take them to)?

flibbertyjibbet Mon 25-Jun-07 11:53:56

Ruby!! You are obviously not in my area where a child in nappies is seen as a landfill problem and we are all supposed to be washing nappies!
there are 4 in my house inc two in nappies and we never fill our bin.

LynetteScavo Mon 25-Jun-07 12:04:34

You can try, but I bet they won't come back. They came down aour road really early one morning, and loads of people hadn't put their bin out. They refused to come back.

If you have more than 5 adults you can have more than one bin around here. If the people who lived there before you are still down on the electoral roll as living at your house, you can sometimes get away with it.

elasticbandstand Mon 25-Jun-07 12:08:49

we are sposed to put our bins out by 7.00 am. but ours come from 6.30 onwards. i missed them once and rung.. said what time they came. so they came another day..

lucyellensmum Mon 25-Jun-07 12:35:12

i rang them and the lady said that she would have to wait til later to report it and they would probably come and fetch it another day - fair dos. I do feel a bit bad but its better than having bin full of maggots and flies agogo in the front garden. Further to this, a good proportion of our extortionate council tax fees goes to pay for refuse collection so why they can't take the extra one or two bins i dont know.

I usually manage but for the last couple of weeks we have had extra shite for some reason and it builds up. I do think that people should be encouraged to recycle more but this policy is NOT working and they must think people are stupid if they think we are going to believe it is to make us recycle more. I recycle EVERYTHING that i can and i have a dog to recycle excess food, (but there is a good proportion of dog shit in my bin but at least its compacted!) But our council dosn't recycle everything they can, ie, no bottle collections (i take mine to the bottle back - cos im a piss head and there are quite a few!) but im sure that many others dont, as they either dont have enough to warrant the trip or they can't make the trip, they also dont recycle all the drinks cartons etc that other councils do (i might be wrong about this).

Yes, there is a council tip but i am not about to put maggot infested bags into the back of a car where my daughter travels and i have to put her push chair in the back.

So i do feel bad because now the bin men will have to come back, i'll make a note to myself to give them a tip at christmas.

Flibberty gibbit, i was busy berating myself for not using cloth nappies this morning, i do wish id used them (bit late now, DD nearly potty trained) but i used them for DD1 (17 years ago) and they made her sore so i didnt look into it. But i think that its swings and roundabouts really, what with all the washing at high temp and phosphates in the washing powder, water, electric etc etc. if and thats a big huge humungous IF i have another baby, i promise to use them! thats fair enough isnt it

madusa Sat 08-Aug-09 09:39:04

we asked the council for another recycling bin but got told that we were only allowed one.

How is that helping everyone to recycle. What happens when that bin is full (which happens once the grass is cut)? Where are we then supposed to put garden waste and cardboard?

It is so frustrating!

purepurple Sat 08-Aug-09 09:43:13

madusa
i told the council that someone had pinched our recycling bin
they delivered another one

bigchris Sat 08-Aug-09 09:44:08

did they come a different day LEM?

madusa Sat 08-Aug-09 10:27:20

purepurple..... they will still only empty one bin per property once a fortnight so even if i bought one elsewhere, the council wouldn't empty it

sarah293 Sat 08-Aug-09 10:41:45

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Sat 08-Aug-09 10:45:03

Er, seeing as this thread is over a year old, let's hope that LEM has had her rubbish collected since thengrin

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 10:52:23

Fair point, BoF!

Thing that irritates me about having to separate rubbish and alternate weekly collections and bin men refusing if your bin is 'too full' is that I haven't seen any reduction in my council tax. Far from it. We pay an extortionate amount for a very modest, average house (especially in this town) yet the council treats residents as if we work for them, not the way round. angry

All these petty rules feel as if we are being bossed around. We are being bossed around, in fact! And to add insult to injury, the top directors pay themselves ££££££ - six of them including the guy responsible for rubbish earn well over £100k and the chief exec earns more than £200k. Are they really worth more than the people who actually run the whole country? hmm

BitOfFun Sat 08-Aug-09 11:26:14

Couldn't agree more edam.

MollieO Sat 08-Aug-09 11:50:25

This thread is two years old!

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 12:57:22

Yes, Mollie, BoF has already pointed out it is old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now