Talk

Advanced search

To want a pair of comfy heels???

(93 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 11-Dec-18 17:41:59

Generally I don't wear heels but on some occasions I feel they are required.

I need a pair of antique gold / bronze or red or coraly colour cute comfy low heels.

Any ideas people? PLEASE help I'm slightly at my wits end here 😜😜😜

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 11-Dec-18 17:42:28

Or teal they could be teal 😁

Orlandointhewilderness Tue 11-Dec-18 17:44:38

Irregular choice shoes are wonderful.

speakout Tue 11-Dec-18 17:48:49

On the very odd occasion I wear heels I borrow my DDS Cuban heel dance shoes.

I don't find heels ever comfortable, but professional dance shoes come close.

M4J4 Tue 11-Dec-18 17:49:40

Carvela does some nice comfortable low heels. I bought them in House of Fraser although I'm never shopping in HoF again as my gift card is defunct since the takeover

HomeEdRocks18 Tue 11-Dec-18 18:23:08

I've got a really comfy pair from debut at Debenhams. They were £30 and are a blush pink/gold colour.

ShinyMe Tue 11-Dec-18 18:28:22

I can't wear heels at the moment because my feet are buggered, but I have these from Hotter, and they are (were, before my injuries) SO comfy. And they make them in a variety of colours.

www.hotter.com/gb/en/donna-heels-donnxs-product?fit=Standard+Fit&colour=Tango%20Red

thecatneuterer Tue 11-Dec-18 18:31:34

I was also going to suggest professional dance shoes. On the rare occasions that high heels are required and I'm not actually dancing I use those. I've stuck stick-on soles on the bottom of one particularly glitzy pair to make them suitable for brief walking on pavements.

You can get incredibly cheap chinese knock off ones. They're crap (more than crap) for actual dancing but make very good 'going out' heels. Look at these for example (you can get much cheaper) - they don't look like dance shoes and you can even choose your own heel height:

www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/customizable-women-s-dance-shoes-latin-leatherette-flared-heel_p5253321.html?category_id=18877&prm=1.2.1.1

blackteasplease Tue 11-Dec-18 18:33:19

I was going to say carvela too.

Or anything that supports the foot really is better than a more "open" shoe.

Wedges can be comfy too.

RubaiyatOfAnyone Tue 11-Dec-18 18:34:54

Came on to say Irregular Choice but see it was the first answer. I hardly ever do heels but these are genuinely comfy when i do.

blackteasplease Tue 11-Dec-18 18:35:34

www.kurtgeiger.com/women/shoes/stilettos/jetty-silver-fabric-carvela-kurt-geiger

blackteasplease Tue 11-Dec-18 18:36:03

I have something along the lines of the above which is surprisingly comfortable.

dontcallmelen Tue 11-Dec-18 18:37:20

Carvela are good M&S sometimes have some good ones, a bit pricey but lkbennett heels are really comfortable they come in different heel heights.

M4J4 Tue 11-Dec-18 18:43:38

These teal low heels from Evans are £10 but they're extra wide

M4J4 Tue 11-Dec-18 18:46:21

I bought these silver wedge low heel shoes from Debenham's debut for a wedding, they're pretty and comfortable.

thefuriousfuggler Tue 11-Dec-18 18:51:20

Third vote for Irregular Choice, and when you aren't wearing them you can just gaze at them.

poppiesallykatie Tue 11-Dec-18 19:50:36

Another vote for debut shoes, sold in Debenhams. Not great at wearing heels myself and this brand is one of the only ones that I am comfortable in all day.

tierraJ Tue 11-Dec-18 19:57:41

Try shoes that have a slight platform on the sole & a chunky rather than stiletto heel.

I got a pair of sandals from new look like this that I wear with my party dresses.

They aren't the most elegant looking heels but I can walk & dance in them without pain!

Mummadeeze Tue 11-Dec-18 19:59:11

Clark’s shoes are usually comfortable if they do any dressy shoes?

Darkautumn Tue 11-Dec-18 19:59:30

Hotter Donna shoes! Life changing!

Racecardriver Tue 11-Dec-18 20:00:03

I have some heels from jones the boot maker that are wonderfully comfortable. Or try orthopaedic brands.

Racecardriver Tue 11-Dec-18 20:00:29

Diana ferrari is also really good but not sure if you can get them in Britain.

VenusClapTrap Tue 11-Dec-18 20:06:21

I personally find Irregular Choice shoes highly uncomfortable, which is disappointing as I own a couple of pairs and would love to wear them more often.

The most comfortable heels I’ve ever had were my wedding Jimmy Choos - bliss - but I can’t spend that normally.

Recently I’ve found Dune and LKBennet to be less painful than most.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Wed 12-Dec-18 09:26:23

You are brilliant thank you! smile

Queenofthestress Wed 12-Dec-18 09:57:12

Heels can be comfortable? shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: