Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone has tried OMAD weight loss?

(58 Posts)
VikkiStMichael1 Fri 07-Dec-18 16:45:27

One Meal A Day

I've been reading up on this way of eating which is basically a form of intermittent fasting where you fast all day and consume the vast majority of your calories at one sitting where you have a meal (anything you want). Testimonials claims it increases concentration and focus as well as losing 2-3 lbs per week.

I've never been a breakfast person and I'm not generally hungry until about 2-3pm most days so was thinking of giving it a go. Just wondered if anyone hear had tried it and had any stories to share?

DONTPICKTHEMILKSPOTS Sun 27-Jan-19 16:21:33

@welshmamma you count the calories as well?
8lb in how long?

AllSuits Sun 27-Jan-19 16:40:42

As long as what you're eating is full of nutrients and has plenty of balanced variety, and your energy input is exceeded by your energy output, you'll lose weight and be healthy.

Blackbear10 Sun 27-Jan-19 16:43:22

Does anyone end up feeling woozy from blood sugar dropping on this diet?

I like the idea but I’m really concerned that if I don’t eat three meals a day I end up feeling really shaky and woozy due to my blood sugar dropping too low, maybe that’s just me though?

Welshmamma Sun 27-Jan-19 17:12:14

@DONTPICKTHEMILKSPOTS IN 13 days. For me thats amazing as i have never lost more than two pound on any diet plan.

Welshmamma Sun 27-Jan-19 17:14:10

@Blackbear10 i drink plenty of water and black coffee. I have ebough fat on me to keep going for soemtime, so havent been bothered by wozziness wink

MunchyMunchkin Sun 27-Jan-19 17:14:14

@blackbear10 you won’t become hypoglycaemic if you have no other medical problems and fast for 16-20hrs.
You might feel a little wobbly but a grain of salt and glug of water sorts that out.

TheGirlWhoLived Wed 30-Jan-19 19:45:19

I’m doing really well too, down 5lb in a week which isn’t bad considering I had Saturday and Sunday off! Hoping to lose more this week with one day off at the weekend

Welshmamma Thu 31-Jan-19 19:04:53

@TheGirlWhoLived thats great! If you can lose on 5:2 then two days non fasting is still a great plan! I had two meals today .... went with how I feel .... I felt hungry 😋

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »