Talk

Advanced search

DH doesn't get up until lunch time

(157 Posts)
Wordthe Fri 07-Dec-18 12:14:35

Does he also go to bed very late?

Wordthe Fri 07-Dec-18 12:13:51

I would just leave him to it and find lots of exciting interesting things to do on my own😊

maybe he's someone who needs a lot of his own space and having a different schedule to you is a way of getting alone time?

robinsinthespring Fri 07-Dec-18 12:05:05

He took early retirement from his main job about 10 years ago and has had a couple of short term jobs since then. He has been fully retired for about 6 years. I'm not exaggerating when I say this has been happening 85% of the last 6 years! which is why I'm posting here.

PumpkinKitty82 Fri 07-Dec-18 11:52:23

How recently retired is he ? Maybe he’s just catching up on lost sleep .
The holiday thing would annoy me though , yes you don’t need to get up at the crack of dawn but he could be napping on the beach in the sun rather than inside !
Maybe in a few months he’ll find a better use of the time or maybe he’s bored and can’t think of anything to do so he sleeps

robinsinthespring Fri 07-Dec-18 11:51:13

Yes, but every single day?

GivingBloodFeelingGreat Fri 07-Dec-18 11:47:29

He's retired. I think he's earned some time for himself.

And having to get up early on HOLIDAY does not sound like a holiday to me.

robinsinthespring Fri 07-Dec-18 11:37:12

My DH is retired. (I work a 2 mornings a week). He never gets up until at least noon, and last week he stayed in bed till past 2pm. When we were on an all inclusive holiday in a lovely location he still wouldn't get up, not joining me on the beach till lunchtime. Am I being unreasonable to feel sad that life is being wasted and angry and upset that I have to do so much by myself. I try to encourage him to get up, but all I get is daft excuses like "I'm listening to music" or" I must have drifted off again". Should I just carry on doing my own thing? WWYD?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »