Talk

Advanced search

To think schools will close, rubbish will rot and bodies won't be buried

(369 Posts)
bananacake2134 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:42:36

‏Local authorities making emergency plans for March 29th onwards 2019 for Crash Out Brexit (Leaving without a deal)

@faisalislam
NEW: Extraordinary Kent County Council No Deal Brexit document detailing “Operation Fennel” next month to hold 10,000 HGVs “on a routine basis”

-administration GCSEs/SATS
- waste services “delayed and disrupted”
- “difficulties with transport of the deceased”

Looks like there's a serious possibility of 1000s of our kids having wasted years of education as GCSE and A level exams could be cancelled.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 06-Dec-18 22:45:08

looks like there's a serious possibility of 1000s of our kids having wasted years of education as GCSE and A level exams could be cancelled

There had better fucking not be !!

I have no idea what I'll do but it will involve vague threats and lots of swearing at the very minimum

Where do you see this?

BMW6 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:47:55

Well, as we are all doomed anyway from the climate change it matters not a fuck in the great scheme of things, does it.

whatsthestory123 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:51:13

i thought the goverment were going to give advice about this

but maybe as they have no idea whats going on they cant

TheFirstOHN Thu 06-Dec-18 22:51:59

This seems to be about the freight traffic management plan.

"Administration of GCSEs and SATs through schools could be compromised if staff and pupils cannot effectively travel to exams."

Unless they travel to school by HGV, I'm confused about how one thing impacts the other.

Greatorb Thu 06-Dec-18 22:52:28

Operation Fennel is part of operation Stack, which isn't new or unusual when there are issues at Dover or Calais. Nor sure on the relevancy to exams though.

InspectorIkmen Thu 06-Dec-18 22:52:45

Seems like now would be a pretty good time to resume all those bad habits we were encouraged to ditch in order to extend our lives 😂😂
20 Marlboro and a 6 pack of Special Brew for breakfast I think

TheFirstOHN Thu 06-Dec-18 22:55:48

The concern seems to be traffic congestion around Dover causing difficulty for pupils and teachers getting to school on exam days. Not sure how you got from that to "GCSE and A level exams could be cancelled." Bit of a leap...

WinterfellWench Thu 06-Dec-18 22:55:49

PMSL! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

bananacake2134 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:55:49

rufus
Just Kent Council, so maybe the rest of the country will be completely fine. hmm
twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1070780262206849024

Iloveautumnleaves Thu 06-Dec-18 22:57:59

Scaremongering drivel.

There are two topics, at least, for this kind of nonsense. Hopefully MN will move it.

There should be a drama llama enclosure.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 06-Dec-18 22:59:13

banana

Well hopefully it will be ok in kent as well

bananacake2134 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:59:42

Just passing on what Kent Council is saying theFirst

UhUhUhDennis Thu 06-Dec-18 23:00:20

🙄 move on nothing to see here just another desperate reMOANer. It's like the millennium bug believers all over again.

JustABetterPlayer Thu 06-Dec-18 23:01:02

Well as this thread doesn’t seem too serious 😄. What with climate change, brexit, President Trump, Russia, Ebola, North Korea and the small possibility that all the overweight folk might draw the moon into the planet Earth... we’re all buggered in the next two years anyway.

On top of all that even if we reverse climate change completely, remain in the EU, have Trump committed and invite Russia into the EU and/or NATO we would STILL be fucked. World population growth is not sustainable.

But never mind all that luckily I got a cold years ago when the 250,000 of us in the UK died from bird flu, so I consider myself officially dead.

bananacake2134 Thu 06-Dec-18 23:01:47

Fair enough, if you think that Kent Council's preparations for a crash out are 'drama lama' .*Ilove*. It's on their web site;, other LAs are being told to prepare.

BreconBeBuggered Thu 06-Dec-18 23:02:52

Oh now, DS2 got quite animated there about the prospect of his GCSEs being cancelled. Sadly the school backs onto our road, so transport difficulties are unlikely to apply to him.

UhUhUhDennis Thu 06-Dec-18 23:03:30

Yep same way everyone prepared for the millennium bug. And everyone hyped each other up about it and loads of people and companies made millions of pounds cashing in on all the hearsay. Then nothing happened. Same as what will happen in March next year. *drama llama

TheFirstOHN Thu 06-Dec-18 23:03:31

Yes, that's the document I quoted from in my earlier post. They aren't suggesting that exams will be cancelled. They are warning that traffic congestion may cause travel difficilties for some pupils and teachers.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 06-Dec-18 23:04:11

then nothing happened

Oh good lord

Quietrebel Thu 06-Dec-18 23:04:35

A no deal brexit would bring a world of pain.
Whole countries are self destructing at the moment and it's horrible to watch (France being another example). People banging on about change change change. All well and good but it's only about destruction right now. It's fucking stupid because there is no alternative project to build on. Just tear down everything! Then what?
Same here, Brexit with no deal will not be fine. It's not a viable proposition. Just tearing everything down for NO GOOD REASON.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 06-Dec-18 23:05:00

brecon

I was just hoping that no one would mention it to ds2 grin

SpoonBlender Thu 06-Dec-18 23:06:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

UhUhUhDennis Thu 06-Dec-18 23:08:59

France is not self destructing. How over the top. They've been rioting in France since the concept began. Stop hyping up honestly everyone needs to chill out - add to the hype and you're lining the pockets of millions of scare mongering businesses I.e "upgrade your IT/Vehicles/systems/stockpile etc before brexit and we can help you do it" it's also lining the pockets of people like Boris Johnson and Nigel farage who will hype hype hype until they somehow convince people to make them prime minister. exactly what trump did. Come on people see past the hype!

GimmeGimmeHellYeah Thu 06-Dec-18 23:09:24

Don't panic, there's a huge number of kids in Britain than don't do GCSE's, SATS or A Levels.

<mutters about fucking England being the centre of the world again>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: