Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be uncomfortable about reading my child the bible

(13 Posts)
veraducksworthshandbag Sat 23-Jun-07 23:47:54

As it keeps going on about religion.
I know t was written a long time ago and things have changed but I feel uncomfortable at some of the meanings, and the slaves, the killings of children, the flood and so on.

wrinklytum Sat 23-Jun-07 23:49:23

binkleandflip Sat 23-Jun-07 23:52:29

I totally get it BTW (the thread) but I have to say I regard the bible as an interesting story and the basis for lots of cracking musical theatre (joseph anyone??) but that's about it.

magnolia1 Sat 23-Jun-07 23:54:34

I don't understand why you would be reading the bible if it made you feel uncomfortable?
My children have a first bible and they love it but it's not as heavy as an adult version

TheArmadillo Sat 23-Jun-07 23:55:13

at op

ViciousSquirrelSpotter Sat 23-Jun-07 23:57:18

ROFL

kimi Sat 23-Jun-07 23:58:19

all that begetting..........

Quattrocento Sun 24-Jun-07 00:04:56

Questioning whether or not Enid Blyton is suitable reading is political correctness gorn maad, innit Vera?

I meantersay, Enid Blyton is JUST like the bible. Identical innit? She wrote more books obviously, over 700 I believe, and if you add the famous five to the secret seven, you do end up with Twelve disciples.

Perhaps we should let the CofE into the secret of EB's testamentary nature? We could all be baptised into the Church of Enid. You yourself are obviously a confirmed Enider.

It's time that society recognised the way Enid has moulded and shaped civilisation. All that bible stuff - it's so yesterday. The way forward is Enid.

kimi Sun 24-Jun-07 00:09:23

Famous 5 add secret 7 = 12 disciples OMG its the da vinci code all over again.

Quattrocento Sun 24-Jun-07 00:10:53

Do you think that Dan Brown is a reincarnation of Enid? Does the Church of Enid believe in reincarnation (Vera, reincarnation, yes or no?)

kimi Sun 24-Jun-07 00:12:59

[wispers] quite like Dan brown..... Please don't yell at me!!!

Quattrocento Sun 24-Jun-07 00:14:28

<whispers back> so do I - but I don't usually admit to it. Maybe Enid evolved into a higher life form and started writing in sentences when she reincarnated into Dan

kimi Sun 24-Jun-07 00:15:52

I like your thinking on this........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now