Talk

Advanced search

To ask not to park outside our house

(256 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

aibuhun Thu 06-Dec-18 17:12:25

We live on a tight street so if you get back late you will not be parking on that street or you will have to park right at the bottom and walk up (our street is long 5 min walk at least).
Sometimes OH pops to the shops in the evening and someone will take the spot right away so in the morning I have to carry two DCs bags coats right to the bottom. DD is 10 weeks old and DS has just turned two and he hates walking!

I'm getting fed up now and I never say anything as I know you can't fight over a spot but would I be unreasonable to ask them to not park there when I see them pulling up?

They are never neighbours either they are always people visiting angry

zingally Tue 11-Dec-18 08:46:25

That's the downside on living on that sort of road. Unfortunately, as long as people are parked legally, and pay their road tax, they are just as entitled to park there as you are.

Ariela Tue 11-Dec-18 10:20:26

Could I respectfully suggest baby slings, very large strong 4/6 wheel shopping trolley or a pull along garden wagon you can sit 2 year old in along with shopping or whatever, and that you rent or buy a house with its own driveway next time around?

pandapott Tue 11-Dec-18 18:15:04

I think it's a first world problem. If you didn't have a car, you would just manage. Baby carrier and a rucksack is great?!!

Online food shopping if you want to solve a first works problem, with a first world solution...

tillytrotter1 Tue 11-Dec-18 18:59:02

We once were in a similar house, a neighbour used to use bollards he's nicked to reserve 'his' space, we used to re-nick the bollards, put them into our boot and park there!

ScrantonTheElectricCity Tue 11-Dec-18 20:44:33

Tillytrotter1 did he ever find out you had done that grin?

celticprincess Thu 13-Dec-18 21:41:15

I totally understand the issue of getting home with a car load of shopping and having to leave the children alone in the house or the car whilst making multiple trips back and forth. These are the days it annoys me. Now my kids are older I’m less annoyed however I still remember those days well. And I hate online food shopping. Tried several and all replace things so stupidly I end up having to go out to get what I needed. And the ridiculous amount of carrier bags the food comes in!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »