Talk

Advanced search

Someone bought an elf for DD

(287 Posts)
Yabbers Thu 06-Dec-18 16:19:24

Got a call from school today, a staff member was talking with DD yesterday and DD told her she was going to write to Santa to ask for an elf on the shelf.

Staff member bought one and left it at her desk this morning so DD thinks Santa has done as she asked.

I've a huge problem with the whole elf thing, happy for others to do it, it's just not for us.

We're under a lot of pressure for a number of reasons and now we've
got to spend each bloody night doing something with this damned elf. AiBU to be really pissed off that someone else has done this to us?

FissionChips Thu 06-Dec-18 16:23:01

My dd wanted one, I told her I’d buy one but I’m not going to be pissing around moving it. She was fine with that and happily plays with him like any other toy.

Letthenamesbegin Thu 06-Dec-18 16:23:23

The staff member obviously hates you grin

Drivemecrazy1974 Thu 06-Dec-18 16:26:01

Actually, unless you personally are friendly with the member of staff, I'd say that was totally stretching some serious boundaries there! Why would a member of staff take it upon themselves to do that? That's odd behaviour, I think!
Mind you, I'm in my 40s, my mother is in her 60s and she's bought one and keeps posting pictures on Facebook of it! I'm trying not to roll my eyes every time I see it, but it's very hard.
YANBU

MinisterforCheekyFuckery Thu 06-Dec-18 16:27:09

Has this staff member done the same for all the children? If not then singling one child out for special attention in the form of a gift isn't really appropriate and I'm surprised the school allowed it.

Kitkatiom Thu 06-Dec-18 16:29:02

My elf doesn't move! He sits on a high shelf and watches and if there's any naughty behaviour I point to it

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Thu 06-Dec-18 16:29:27

Yanbu, I have avoided the elf and would not appreciate anyone doing this!

Fantasisa Thu 06-Dec-18 16:29:36

My DS has an elf but he carries it around like a teddy because there is NO WAY I am putting extra pressure on me to do yet another chore in an already busy life.

I even told my DD that it was a fad when it started coming in a couple of years ago - and told her not to tell people.

Walkerbean16 Thu 06-Dec-18 16:30:00

Haha tell her she can come to your house and set it up every night!

sparepantsandtoothbrush Thu 06-Dec-18 16:30:21

Why did school phone to tell you that? I think whoever bought the elf has crossed a few boundaries there. It's a bit odd

Pachyderm1 Thu 06-Dec-18 16:30:51

I would be annoyed too. Can you tell your DD it’s hers to play with but there won’t be any night time shennanigans?

Caprisunorange Thu 06-Dec-18 16:32:20

It won’t take you any time, just move it round the house each evening. You can’t really do much else now

Givemeyourbunsandyourbiscuits Thu 06-Dec-18 16:33:05

We were also given one. I hate the bloody things and find it annoying that people think they can choose your traditions for you.
Why did the school ring you? I find it very odd that a staff member bought one.

BabySharkAteMyHamster Thu 06-Dec-18 16:33:32

My niece has one. Sil just moves it round the house, nothing major

I see your point but youre a bit yabu, its only a bit of fun and kids arent kids for long. Let her enjoy her elf

BarbarianMum Thu 06-Dec-18 16:35:45

Maybe your elf could get drunk and pass out. Mischievous little bugger. smile

CruCru Thu 06-Dec-18 16:38:29

Aren't the Elves quite expensive?

Yes, I would be quite annoyed about that. I mean, it isn't quite as bad as someone deciding that they are going to buy you a pet as a surprise (thank goodness) but it has the potential to give you another job to do.

Just give it to her and tell her that it's a Christmas toy.

Haworthia Thu 06-Dec-18 16:39:36

My mum bought my children an elf.

It sits in the Christmas tree. She’s a bit annoyed I don’t go in for it wholeheartedly but... fuck that grin

Caprisunorange Thu 06-Dec-18 16:40:06

No the elves are dirt cheap. You can get them from pound land

cadburysflake Thu 06-Dec-18 16:41:21

A chore??? pressure??? Jesus!!! Someone did something nice for your daughter and you are pissed off?

Why not just scrap Father Christmas, in fact no scrap Christmas as a whole, I mean what with all the pressure.

It takes all of 2 minutes to pose an elf and creates a bit of magic.

Isadora2007 Thu 06-Dec-18 16:42:40

Just tell your child it is a little friend for her and not the naughty elf she has seen. This is partly why I don’t get any of the Santa crap-
If you lie about Santa being real it’s hard to then tell the truth about other stuff like elves and presents and stuff. Or tell the truth.

PixieCutRegret Thu 06-Dec-18 16:43:29

I think that's quite sweet of the teacher. Maybe she was the only child without one. I think they are rather creepy things but I did get one for DS this year, I hate to buy into the whole peer pressure thing but for the sake of a few quid and 5 minutes every evening it's just not worth leaving him to be the odd one out.

Pebblespony Thu 06-Dec-18 16:44:00

I would be very annoyed. It's imposing and slightly inappropriate. Tell the staff member it stays at school and she can move it around.

Notevenmyrealname Thu 06-Dec-18 16:45:15

Leave it at school and tell your DD it is watching her there so then her teacher has to spend each evening faffing about with it. I don’t have one and have no interest in them so would be a bit annoyed too.

theonlyKevin Thu 06-Dec-18 16:47:13

An elf cost a couple of £, it's the book that's more expensive.

Not unreasonable to be annoyed that someone bought something you disagree with for your child, but it's such a small gift, it's a bit mean to be that pissed off.

Completely unreasonable to claim you have no time to deal with the elf, when it would have taken you less time to pinterest basic and simple ideas than it took you to write this post.

People who are genuinely busy don't have time to write to complain they are busy. You don't like the elf, fair enough, just don't play the lack of time card grin

strawberryalarmclock Thu 06-Dec-18 16:47:32

Yikes! Whoever the member of staff is, they have serious boundary issues or did they buy one for the whole class?
If not, in my school such behaviour would get me into some serious trouble!

Fairenuff Thu 06-Dec-18 16:47:34

There must be more to this. Is your dd a reluctant writer? Was this a way to get her to have a go? Did she actually write the letter?

flamingofridays Thu 06-Dec-18 16:47:55

why do you have a "huge problem" with it?

its only a bit of fun. staff member probably thought she was doing something nice.

hazeyjane Thu 06-Dec-18 16:50:39

I think just say that it was a lovely surprise from Santa, maybe it was and elf tired from overwork in his workshop and he has come down to have a rest in her bed!

All those who roll their eyes and say 'oh for gawds sake it's just sticking it somewhere every night' - can't you get that everyone has different shit going on, if you have chosen to do it that is dandy, but for me (And many others) it's just a job to remember too many!

PawneeParksDept Thu 06-Dec-18 16:51:10

I would agree it's an imposition

The elves are so ubiquitous now, especially on Social Media that the staff member must have known you were aware of it and had elected not to.

Now she's forced your hand

Which is both rude and a bit judgy, IMO

earlybirdhasanap Thu 06-Dec-18 16:51:24

Maybe someone bought her children the elf and she was frantically trying to get rid of it?

I would have a problem with this though as I never ever want to be wasting my time doing elf on a shelf.

HestiaParthenos Thu 06-Dec-18 16:51:38

* puts on SPEW badge *

Elves are not for sale! That's terrible!

... oh, you are talking about a doll.

AiBU to be really pissed off that someone else has done this to us?

I think you are. You don't have to participate in this nonsense, surely?

If your daughter brought the thing home, just leave it where it is. You can tell her it probably is exhausted from last Christmas and just needs a break.

WhyOhWine Thu 06-Dec-18 16:51:44

They should treat it like a class bear, i.e. someone different brings it home each night, or just have it as a classroom elf, and then the helpful person can pose it each day after the kids have left. .

HestiaParthenos Thu 06-Dec-18 16:52:32

... give the elf a sock and tell your daughter it is free now and doesn't have to work for Santa anymore?

grin

theonlyKevin Thu 06-Dec-18 16:52:52

All those who roll their eyes and say 'oh for gawds sake it's just sticking it somewhere every night' - can't you get that everyone has different shit going on, if you have chosen to do it that is dandy, but for me (And many others) it's just a job to remember too many!

you seem to have plenty time to post on MN, so no, I don't take your I am so busyyyyy seriously, sorry!

AutumnB Thu 06-Dec-18 16:53:44

OP says staff member.may not be a teacher but still inappropriate. Bit odd the school called though.

Caprisunorange Thu 06-Dec-18 16:54:51

I find it really weird when people pretend they are too busy to move an elf from, say, the sitting room to the dining room, when what they actually mean is I don’t want to do it.

lanbro Thu 06-Dec-18 16:55:02

Ours doesn't do anything more than move around the house, o certainly am not going to encourage naughtiness or create an extra lot of cleaning for my self!

diddl Thu 06-Dec-18 16:57:08

"now we've got to spend each bloody night doing something with this damned elf."

Of course you don't!

So what did you say when you got the call?

That the teacher was overstepping & to explain that it was just for use at school for a couple of days?

Let the teacher sort it out!

MinisterforCheekyFuckery Thu 06-Dec-18 16:57:23

I find it really weird when people pretend they are too busy to move an elf from, say, the sitting room to the dining room, when what they actually mean is I don’t want to do it

The point is that if the OP doesn't want to do it, for whatever reason, that should be her choice. This staff member has taken it upon themselves to make the decision for her though.

CaMePlaitPas Thu 06-Dec-18 16:57:31

I think it was bought by someone with good intentions but I agree it's a bit unprofessional, unless they supplied the whole class with a elf.

I would be inclined to tell DD that the elf doesn't work grin

MacarenaFerreiro Thu 06-Dec-18 16:59:32

Completely overstepping boundaries. How about you leave the elf in school and the staff member has the "fun" of thinking up stuff for it to do??

I would be furious.

thewinkingprawn Thu 06-Dec-18 17:00:09

I’m sure you can move it from room to room each night. I am also sure there must be more to it then a member of staff just randomly buying your child a gift or do they do that for all children whenever they mention something.

hazeyjane Thu 06-Dec-18 17:00:21

Hahaha...ah, you are so clever, you got me! Although, i didn't say I was too busy, in fact I've been sat on my arse for 2 days with a sick boy lying on me.

I said it was another thing to remember, which along with all the other day to day stuff would be too much for me. There are other things I do choose to do....but not this.

AriadnePersephoneCloud Thu 06-Dec-18 17:01:13

Move it once, wrap something rounds it's leg to look like a cast, sign it from santa, leave it on shelf til Dec 25th. Job done 😁we have two elves. They move but only from a shalf to the tree to a bookcase. They don't do anything much 😁

Pebblespony Thu 06-Dec-18 17:01:59

Love the idea of 'freeing' the elf. Leave him on a bus and say he's gone on an adventure.

ThePoliticiansPraiseMyName Thu 06-Dec-18 17:02:20

My ds' preschool have a classroom elf that is a bit cheeky and usually sets up craft activities for the children to find in the morning, maybe you need to suggest something like that? I would be annoyed, if she was that interested surely it would have been more appropriate to let you know that that was dd had written so you could make a decision? Did she buy every child in the class what they had asked for? It feels like it crosses boundaries to me.

theonlyKevin Thu 06-Dec-18 17:02:25

I said it was another thing to remember, which along with all the other day to day stuff would be too much for me.

oh dear...

RCohle Thu 06-Dec-18 17:03:13

That sounds bizarre from the staff member and completely overstepping boundaries. Is there a lot more to this?

diddl Thu 06-Dec-18 17:03:17

Surely it's to be the class elf & it's first place was on your daughter's desk?

(Why do kids think that FC brings anything before 24th/25th?)

PermanentlyFrizzyHairBall Thu 06-Dec-18 17:04:14

I get it's convenient for you personally but this person was clearly trying to be nice to DD and create a bit of magic for her.

cantfindname Thu 06-Dec-18 17:04:45

I fail to see the problems with Elf. I agree the staff member shouldn't have interfered but the doings of Elf give children so much fun. My Grandson adores his and thinking of something doesn't take a whole lot of effort for a child you love.

hazeyjane Thu 06-Dec-18 17:04:59

I knew I shouldn't have posted on a thread about the freaking elves....they bring out a weirdness in people!!

Hope you solve your elf dilemma op. I'm going to slope off and feel paranoid about my mumsnet overuse.

mumsiedarlingrevolta Thu 06-Dec-18 17:05:21

I saw a post where someone had bandages on their Elf's leg and strict instructions from Dr that it not move for 3 weeks fgrin HTH

Pebblespony Thu 06-Dec-18 17:07:00

I don't think the problem is the elf itself, it's the overstepping of boundaries that I'd be annoyed about.

NotAlwaysAPushover Thu 06-Dec-18 17:07:21

Who phoned you? The staff member? If so did you get chance to say no thank you? Or if it wasn't the staff member who gave the gift, who was it?

Perfectly1mperfect Thu 06-Dec-18 17:09:01

The staff member was probably just trying to be nice, although she maybe should have checked with you first. I'd have been fine with it and thought it's a lovely thing to do. I've realised that on mumsnet there are a lot of elf haters though. fshock
It's entirely up to you what you do, if you don't have time to do something each night then tell you daughter that this particular elf wants to just be a toy for her bedroom.

Pinkyyy Thu 06-Dec-18 17:10:22

I saw a post where someone had bandages on their Elf's leg and strict instructions from Dr that it not move for 3 weeks

Problem solved OPfgrin well aside from the fact that it's a bit strange for this to have been bought for her by this staff member. Is she/he going to go out and buy every other child whatever is on their list?

MacarenaFerreiro Thu 06-Dec-18 17:13:00

The problem is that everyone does Christmas their own way. Some have elves, Some don't. Some decorate their house with flashing lights, others don't. There is no RIGHT or WRONG. Elf-havers aren't further up the Christmas pecking order than the elf-refusers.

Elf on the Shelf is a very new thing which has really only been around the last five years. If you choose to jump onto that particular bandwagon then crack on - but don't try to impose your choices on others. It's also not "magical" and you're not in some way depriving your child if you choose not to partake.

Christmas is not about buying the latest faddy tat from Poundland - or it sghuldn't be.

NonaGrey Thu 06-Dec-18 17:13:29

I think Iran imposition and a significant overstepping stepping of boundaries.

It is not a member of staff’s job to impose Christmas traditions in anyone else’s house.

I dislike these elves. I have chosen not to buy one.

Buying one like this without discussion with the parent is highly manipulative.

Personally I would make a polite call to the school and send it back.

Strokethefurrywall Thu 06-Dec-18 17:16:02

My Grandson adores his and thinking of something doesn't take a whole lot of effort for a child you love.

Ahh you're quite right, those of us who don't want to deal with elf on the shelf don't love our kids as much as those that do.
Same as those children don't have as much "magic" in their lives. FFS cop on to yourself.

Christmas is magical for small kids whether you get them a sodding elf or not and frankly they don't care about elf on the shelf, they care if they get to watch a Christmas movie together, or make Christmas cookies.

I don't have an opinion on whether folk have an elf, but I do have an opinion on people spouting shite.

MerdedeBrexit Thu 06-Dec-18 17:17:35

Are you sure it's not the class elf? But odd that the school rang you about it. Whole thing is strange. I'd probably get the elf to run away, back to school, because it wants to be the school elf. grin Or bin it and say the dog ate it.

MacarenaFerreiro Thu 06-Dec-18 17:19:20

Someone on another of the "elf" threads suggested sticking it in the freezer and telling the kids it's homesick.

Genius idea. Remove on Christmas eve when you need to make room for food.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 06-Dec-18 17:20:26

YANBU at all, that's so weird.

Ok if she wants ot play 'moving elf' at school I suppose. Was that the intention?

Walkerbean16 Thu 06-Dec-18 17:23:48

It's not just supposed to move though, my Facebook is full of naughty things that people's elves have got up to. Writing on mirrors etc.

DreamingofSummer Thu 06-Dec-18 17:24:36

Fuck me, the world is in a shitty state these days!

A school staff member does something nice for one of the kids and it's a "serious overstepping of boundaries" and "highly manipulative."

Total bollocks!

Nousernameforme Thu 06-Dec-18 17:26:13

I found this on facebook it seems apt.
But no YANBU I would find it really strange if i was in that situation and someone bought ds an elf

Aarghhelpplease Thu 06-Dec-18 17:26:56

I saw a brilliant elf picture today. elf had broken its leg was wearing a little cast holding a note saying that they couldn’t move for 2 weeks!!
On a more serious note, a member of staff can not buy individual gifts for children.

Perfectly1mperfect Thu 06-Dec-18 17:29:02

It's not just supposed to move though, my Facebook is full of naughty things that people's elves have got up to. Writing on mirrors etc.

You don't have to follow others though. I think it can be as quick or as time consuming as you want to make it. My friend does it, shes done a couple of things that would have taken a while to set up but her children are just as excited to find the elf in the Xmas tree, fallen in a vase or in the sweet/chocolate cupboard. She says most of the time it takes a minute and she has set an alarm on her phone to remind her to do it each night before bed.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 06-Dec-18 17:29:10

If the parents wanted the dd to have an elf, they'd have got her one. School could have passed on what she'd said about Santa bringing one and left it to them to decide how to respond.

WomanOfTime Thu 06-Dec-18 17:30:24

YANBU. I used to work in a primary school and this seems weird and inappropriate unless the staff member bought every child in the class an elf (and then it'd just be weird). In my school we had children who celebrated Christmas in various different ways, and plenty who didn't celebrate it at all.

In my last year there I had one boy ask me if Santa was real, I did the whole 'well, what do you think?' thing and got the reply that his dad said Santa was a story for Christians so his family didn't do it. It would have been totally inappropriate for me to then leave him a gift 'from Santa' even if I believed that children who don't do Santa have no magic in their lives or whatever. This situation is fairly similar. No matter what the staff member thinks of magic elves, it's your decision what traditions your family participates in.

Pinkyyy Thu 06-Dec-18 17:30:31

A school staff member does something nice for one of the kids and it's a "serious overstepping of boundaries" and "highly manipulative."

I'm usually on that side of the fence but this really isn't appropriate. It's not fair on all the other students, especially when school's are killing themselves to treat every child exactly the same

ReanimatedSGB Thu 06-Dec-18 17:30:44

I'd be unimpressed and would be having a word with the school. It is not appropriate for any staff member at school to buy a gift for one child: favouritism can be very damaging.

I don't like the elf thing (surveillance culture, how fucking magical that is...) though TBH if DS had been going on about wanting one, I would probably have got one from Poundland and let him play with it (mercifully this is not going to be an issue for us now as DS is 14).

AndItStillSaidFourOfTwo Thu 06-Dec-18 17:32:54

I'm getting a bit tired of Christmas 'magic', which apparently comes solely and exclusively through unquestioning, absolute belief in Sants, elves etc., being treated as some kind of absolute priority.

OP, if this was a gift personally and specially for your dd, this was very intrusive and inappropriate. A proper overstepping of boundaries. You are really, really not meant to do this sort of thing as a member of school staff. There are all kinds of pitfalls associated with it (quite apart from the implied judgement of your parenting, although that is secondary). I'd be going in to school about it and using words like 'safeguarding'.

AndItStillSaidFourOfTwo Thu 06-Dec-18 17:33:09

Santa, not Sants, whoever that is.

strawberryalarmclock Thu 06-Dec-18 17:33:20

@DreamingofSummer unfortunately personal gifts, rather than whole class gifts are a huge no in education.
Anyone who has done any safeguarding training could tell you why and if you have dc yourself be glad (very glad) that such strict rules are in place.

Perfectly1mperfect Thu 06-Dec-18 17:33:23

On a more serious note, a member of staff can not buy individual gifts for children.

Is this true? My child's teacher a couple of years ago bought my child a present. My child had done something really kind so that was the reason.

AllTakenSoRubbishUsername Thu 06-Dec-18 17:34:01

Ah, I think it's lovely that your daughter has the elf. Keep the magic and just do something simple with it every night. You don't have to go mad. She'll love it!

RebelWitchFace Thu 06-Dec-18 17:34:46

Check first it's not a class elf,rather than an elf she gets to keep.

If it's not a class elf, then this is wrong for several reasons.

1.It completely goes against your wishes. I find it odd so many people are supportive when normally they moan over anything that goes against their wishes even if they're ridiculous and against school policies. Must be because it's a "magic" elf.

2.Most schools will specifically prohibit this in their behaviour policy. She can't and shouldn't get a present just for your DD, just because she asked for it. It's inappropriate and a crossing of boundaries.

3. What happens if word spreads and other kids ask for stuff that they won't get?

Good place or not, the staff member was severely misguided and sounds like she needs more training.

AllTakenSoRubbishUsername Thu 06-Dec-18 17:35:42

It takes all of 2 minutes to pose an elf and creates a bit of magic.
This

KaitlynRep Thu 06-Dec-18 17:36:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hopereigns Thu 06-Dec-18 17:36:13

I don't like the elf thing either OP, but seeing as DD now has it, can you just do something simple each night, so it just hides in different places? That way you don't have to set up scenes etc. I read on another thread about it playing hide and seek.

PinkAvocado Thu 06-Dec-18 17:36:39

I’d let her know what you’d like Father Christmas to bring you...

RebelWitchFace has everything covered.

Pinkyyy Thu 06-Dec-18 17:40:11

Perfectly1mperfect what was the gift? Teachers can give rewards for good work/behaviour etc but not gifts like the one in the OP

strawberryalarmclock Thu 06-Dec-18 17:42:00

@Perfectly1mperfect it's absolutely true, unless there are exceptional circumstances. For example I once gave a book to a child who was moving away (he was being adopted) it was a book I'd read to him many times and I put a short message in it. I cleared this with senior management first, maybe your dds teacher did the same? Kindness should be rewarded!

NotyourMummynotyourmilk Thu 06-Dec-18 17:42:27

Sorry, what is an elf on a shelf???

jarhead123 Thu 06-Dec-18 17:43:41

It doesn't need to do anything fancy, ours moves round the house but doesn't cause chaos etc. I keep it simplesmile

Motherofajuggernaut Thu 06-Dec-18 17:50:16

Put a tiny cast made of of roll round its leg: Elf has broken its leg and is under strict instructions not to move for 3 weeks

RebelWitchFace Thu 06-Dec-18 17:51:29

It really doesn't matter how easy and simple you can keep it. OP didn't want one.

Cagliostro Thu 06-Dec-18 17:56:34

Maybe she didn’t realise it’s A Thing and just thought it was a cute toy without realising the idea of parents moving it around? Still a bit odd for a staff member to buy though

Ilovealexa Thu 06-Dec-18 17:57:25

Burn it

hazeyjane Thu 06-Dec-18 17:58:47

Ah but it's Christmas magic! Think about the poor kiddies with no magic in their little lives because their parents can't be arsed and are too busy mumsnetting and taking crack......... waaaaaaaah!!

SpitefulMidLifeAnimal Thu 06-Dec-18 17:59:59

I know it's overstepping the mark but it sounds to me like a dinnerlady had a spare elf, probably from the poundshop, and thought she'd make a little girl happy.

Spicylentil Thu 06-Dec-18 18:02:55

It would prob annoy me too if a teacher got my dc a present that wasn’t given to every other child. It’s a bit like the teacher thinks she’s neglected or maybe she isn’t doing well in school and the teacher thought this would help? If your child loves the elf though it really doesn’t take any real effect to carry it to one room to the next before going to bed, stick in the tree, in her bed, in the sink, honestly some years I’ve made it so difficult for myself this year we have a lazy elf!

Strokethefurrywall Thu 06-Dec-18 18:03:23

Ahh but hazeyjane, mumsnetting and taking crack should always take precedent over making sure your little ones have their slice of Christmas magic, obtained only through the conduit through which all magic can flow... the fucking creepy elf of the goddamn shelf.

Perfectly1mperfect Thu 06-Dec-18 18:07:00

Pinkyyy

It was a dog soft toy. I think my daughter was in Year 3 at the time.

taybert Thu 06-Dec-18 18:07:03

There are lots of things that take 2 minutes and a child would like you to do. It’s your choice whether you do them though. We don’t do the elf. Partly because it’s not a way I wish to spend my time. It’s all well and good saying just move it but if everyone else’s is unrolling toilet paper and skiing in icing sugar then the kids are going to be just as left out as if they didn’t have it. The other reason is that there is so much hype about Christmas in December, I honestly think it’s better to try to keep things low key. There is constant Christmas stuff going on at school and it’s lovely but it seems to start in late November and I don’t think the kids can keep up that level of excitement for that long. They’re tired, it’s a long term and all the added hype is just so much for them to handle, I feel like I’m spending all that’s left of my energy constantly trying to calm them down.

But yeah, mainly it’s because I hate happiness and magic.

Perfectly1mperfect Thu 06-Dec-18 18:10:16

strawberryalarmclock

Yes, I'm sure that she would have cleared it with the headteacher if that was the policy. She is a well respected teacher and has been there for many years. My daughter still treasures the dog now.

fibonaccisequins Thu 06-Dec-18 18:13:21

Can't we be crackheads as well as elf movers?? grinfgrin
Yeah I'd be annoyed as well OP. Generally I'm pretty chilled out about teachers/school etc, but you'd decided not to have an elf, so that decision should be respected. And I say this as a person who currently has an elf couple, and a very very naughty elf (one that's been dyed black) in my front room. I suspect they get up to elf threesomes when we're in bed blush they're always a bit flushed in the morning... santafgrin

Pinkyyy Thu 06-Dec-18 18:13:55

Perfectly1mperfect if it was a reward for her being extra kind I'd say there's not too much cause for concern, but really achievement points or your shcools equivalent should have been enough

fibonaccisequins Thu 06-Dec-18 18:14:31

All from the pound shop in case anyone else wants elf menage a trois in their front rooms grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »