Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to expect to be able to wander round shops without having to dodge kids on heelies?

(16 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Sat 23-Jun-07 19:12:45

have been shopping with my DD today. Several near misses with kids on heelies in the shopping area (pedestrianised), which I'm not too annoyed about. But I am narked by being bumped several times in shops while looking at clothes, thanks to kids amusing themselves while their parents shopped in peace.I'm usually quite a patient, tolerant person, but this really hacked me off, especially as it seemed to be happening in almost every shop. Surely there's a time and a place to be wheeling around, AIBU to expect that not to be in shops?

fireflyfairy2 Sat 23-Jun-07 19:13:57

There are several signs in my local shopping centre asking for no heelies to be worn.

Of course no-one obliges & almost tumble you on their heelies!

EffiePerine Sat 23-Jun-07 19:14:00

push em over

PersonalClown Sat 23-Jun-07 19:15:35

AIBU to want to push them over when they get in my way?!
Although I think just how much easier it would be to get ds a pair and just pull him along.
Not sure about you being unreasonable though.

Sixofone Sun 24-Jun-07 10:26:38

There is a sign up in my local Sainsburys saying no Heelies. However, those stupid car seat trollies which make the car seat so high up that you can't see over it unless you are 6ft 3, thereby ramming anyone less than 6ft 3 in your blind spot, are OK

Megglevache Sun 24-Jun-07 10:37:15

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 11:08:57

So actually, the problem is not kids on heelies, its parents who can't control their kids in the shops!

The best place to heelie, is in the shopping centre! They can't do it up and down the street, because the pavements are too un-even and they can't do it in the park, because its impossible to do it on the spongey safe stuff or grass.

YABU about heelies in shops, YANBU about parents who can't control their kids!

beansprout Sun 24-Jun-07 11:10:48

At least with roller blades you get some sort of visual warning but these things just look like normal shoes and then suddenly you have someone speeding towards you. Gah.

pagwatch Sun 24-Jun-07 15:08:37

The secret is def to stop suddenly and brace yourself - the little buggers smack into you but if you catch them just right you can bounce them MILES ! Excellent sport.
Seriously my son is ASD and they terrify him - yet another thing that makes taking him out difficult. YANBU

theUrbanDryad Sun 24-Jun-07 16:11:46

AIBU to be annoyed that they don't make Heelies in adult sizes?

Sixofone Sun 24-Jun-07 19:09:29

Beansprout, you have used the word 'Gah'. I have now stolen it and used it in one of my posts. Respect

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 19:41:04

But they do UD! DD's are size 6 and they fit me!

bookwormmum Sun 24-Jun-07 19:44:57

I saw wheels in woolworths the other that you can strap on to ordinary shoes to get the same effect as Heelies - a 'new' invention from the Science Museum. Or just like old-fashioned roller skates .

Meglet Sun 24-Jun-07 20:12:54

They are annoying but the craze is bound to be over by Xmas. You might have to take a few deep breaths in the mean time. Apparently A&E departments are getting kids in who have slipped backwards and cracked their heads while using them. Health & Safety will probably go bonkers and ban them with a bit of luck!

theUrbanDryad Sun 24-Jun-07 20:13:11

where did you get them Maureen??

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 20:58:30

Official Heelys shop in Blue Water shopping centre, which is absolutely no good to you! You can get them online though, the ones dd has got go up to size 7. Just google Heelys and you'll find them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now