Talk

Advanced search

To be counting down the minutes to DS's bedtime.

(10 Posts)
purplepop Sat 23-Jun-07 19:01:02

Had a lovely day but he's driving me mad now!

Devonshire Sat 23-Jun-07 19:01:35

no, i do it a lot!

FioFio Sat 23-Jun-07 19:02:54

Message withdrawn

purplepop Sat 23-Jun-07 19:04:43

I quite agree. DP and DD 1 and 2 not here today. I think I may have underestimated how much DD's keep DS entertained!

fireflyfairy2 Sat 23-Jun-07 19:10:46

Dh was working all day today, since 9am and still not home. I have just put the kids to bed & have poured myself some wine.

I made them tidy their rooms before bedtime when I was cooking dinner, and dd's is amazingly tidy!! Ds's not so, but then he's just 2 & half

My sister said to me today "I hate spending whole days along with my kids, I'm glad they go to school" I didn't know whether to agree or be shocked at her.. I guess she was having 'one of those days' too

unknownrebelbang Sat 23-Jun-07 19:11:03

Me too.

DH is gallivanting in Majorca, and I've got the three little darlinks all to myself.

They've been great, and we've just been out for a meal, but I can't wait for bedtime...only they're nowhere near ready yet.

purplepop Sat 23-Jun-07 19:12:28

Oh my god, can't cope! Thinking of telling him it's later than it is and sending him to bed early! But that really would be unreasonable.

agnesnitt Sat 23-Jun-07 23:31:35

I count down the days to the weekend when my ex-partner takes her to bed for two nights. I love my daughter, I'm just not a great person for the bedtime routine. I'm getting better though.

So no, you're not unreasonable at all m'dear.

Agnes

WinkyWinkola Sun 24-Jun-07 20:37:16

Not at all unreasonable. Very normal. After all, who can happily spend 24 hours with the same people day after day without a break?

I love the bones of my DC but I'm glad when they're bed after an exhausting day.

We all need a rest and a bit of space. And a glass of wine.

Eddas Sun 24-Jun-07 20:54:57

I LOVE betime ds hasn't got one just yet but dd has, and I do move it when needed

My work friend did something quite brilliant(well I think so!!) at new year her two ds's wanted to see in the new year. She wasn't feeling well and didn't want to stay up til middnight. So she, sneakily,changed all the clocks in the house by 2 hours. DS's watched their dvd, saw in the fake middnight and went to bed. she was then in bed by half ten. Everyone was happy. GENIUS. I will be using this one in future You just have to remember to readjust the clocks once they're in bed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: