Talk

Advanced search

...to ask you to share your "eggs"

(103 Posts)
PeapodBurgundy Mon 03-Dec-18 23:02:04

DS is currently going through an obsession with eggs! Real ones, chocolate ones, hatching ones, plastic ones with 'surprises' inside. I've just been organising my Christmas shopping in anticipation of starting to ship gifts out of the house, and realised just how many of his gifts are either eggs or egg related (about 50%!)

It got me thinking, what are the most random gifts your DC have asked for/received?

Tombakerwasthecurator Mon 03-Dec-18 23:04:53

Ds asked for bath plugs, extension cords, an electricity tower(settled for many many photos)

angelikacpickles Mon 03-Dec-18 23:06:34

Last year, DS asked for "kids' glue", meaning PVA glue. He was only 3 and not interested in slime - he just wanted glue for sticking things. We already had several bottles of kids' glue but Santa duly delivered the additional glue.

memaymamo Mon 03-Dec-18 23:08:13

We're beyond this stage but wanted to say, my DS went through an obsession with eggs too! So strange. We had a brilliant game given to us that came like a carton of eggs but the eggs bounce.

IncyWincyGrownUp Mon 03-Dec-18 23:09:08

Two of mine are very into rocks/pebbles/stones. We visit the natural history museum once a year or so and it costs me a fortune in the gift shop. Lapis and amethyst usually, although the older of the two has been hankering for a geode for a Fran years now.

No beach ever remains whole when visited, and I have to turf their pockets out (in the face of mutinous expressions) and insist that only one stone each is permitted. The arguments we’ve had...

VenusClapTrap Mon 03-Dec-18 23:10:21

Ds, who is 6, has put ‘metal tea light holders’ on his list. I suspect he’s been nosing through the Graham & Green catalogue.

PeapodBurgundy Mon 03-Dec-18 23:16:14

@memaymamo one of DS's stocking fillers is a bouncing egg. Just the one though, I didn't know you could get a carton full! Although I may regret that one when I'm cleaning raw egg from my floor because he's tried to bounce a real one grin.

@VenusClapTrap DSis once asked for an air freshener hmm

TwllBach Mon 03-Dec-18 23:19:32

DS is 2 and has a speech delay so he hasn’t asked for anything, but he did have a week long phase recently where he insisted on holding bell peppers. He fed them, he slept with them, he stroked them and watched telly with them... very cute but very strange!

TheSpottedZebra Mon 03-Dec-18 23:22:18

"Parsnip and no one else"

Which turned out to mean that he wanted to have parsnip for dinner and for none of the rest of the family to have any. Easily pleased, if bad at sharing.

PeapodBurgundy Mon 03-Dec-18 23:26:24

@TwllBack DS is the same age, also behind with his speech. He could say egg before he could say Mamma angry

@TheSpottedZebra I can understand that one. I always do a full tray of roasted parsnips as I'm a bugger for picking at them while dishing up, then again while clearing away pig that I am

memaymamo Mon 03-Dec-18 23:36:47

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8924/dancing-eggs

This is what we had, I think.

PeapodBurgundy Mon 03-Dec-18 23:39:11

Looks like a right laugh! DS is only 2 though, so a bit young yet.

FoxInABox Mon 03-Dec-18 23:42:53

When DD was 3 she asked Father Christmas for her own toilet brush as I wouldn’t let her play with the one in the bathroom hmm

FoxInABox Mon 03-Dec-18 23:44:17

My other DD used to ask for cucumber for her birthday and Christmas presents when she was 2-3 years old. Nice and cheap!

Mrsfrumble Mon 03-Dec-18 23:44:22

DS, 8, has asked for ziploc bags in various sizes.

He uses them for sorting his vast Lego collection, which is fair enough. But I’ve told him I’ll buy them anyway and they don’t have to be a Christmas present. He insists confused

Parisbun Mon 03-Dec-18 23:46:07

DD was mad keen to get a memory foam mattress one year. She was really influenced by tv adverts at the time.grin

BeekyChitch Mon 03-Dec-18 23:46:29

Not my DC but when we were younger my brother asked for 'an arm and a leg'. hmm

Iloveautumnleaves Mon 03-Dec-18 23:47:40

My nice wanted a cleaning set (you know the trolly with the broom, dusters, cloths, dustpan etc) she certainly didn’t get the urge from her mother! 😂...not that unusual you might think? She was only 14 MONTHS. She’d actually ripped the page out the catalogue and carried it around saying ‘Me’s’ and pointing to herself. It Was Very Weird. I bought it for her, despite it feeling like all kinds if wrong, best £15 I ever spent, she loved it, their house has never been so clean! She still has the little dust pan and brush out of it, though now she’s 14 it’s in her momento box, she’s definitely no longer obsessed with cleaning 🤣😂

My friends DS was mad about apples, not eating them, just carrying them around...

Kids are weird.

Jubarbrhubarb Mon 03-Dec-18 23:49:48

I was asked for the moon on a stick by my DD when she was 5!

Iloveautumnleaves Mon 03-Dec-18 23:49:54

I might be asking for a new iPad, this one is driving me INSANE.

I typed Niece. WTAF did it change it to ‘nice’? FFS

Wanderlusting99 Mon 03-Dec-18 23:50:07

DD age 4 desperately wanted a cuddly baby Jesus. We're not religious. DS age 3 wanted a bale of hay.

researchandbiscuitfan Mon 03-Dec-18 23:55:19

DD wanted ‘my own carton of milk so I can drink it straight from the fridge’ last Christmas (she was 6). I got her one of the pint cartons and decorated it. DS wants milk from Santa this year too 😂. DS mostly wants cardboard this year, and duct tape. He’s been watching box fort tutorials on YouTube

Chickenitalia Tue 04-Dec-18 00:01:53

Ds aged 5 wants a corn snake. He’s not getting a snake, ffs. Nope.
Dd at the same age wanted a potato. That I could manage.
I fear I’m possibly neglecting ds’s wishes and treating him differently from his sister. He’s still not getting a damn snake.

Celtic1hair Tue 04-Dec-18 00:01:56

We bought my son a farmyard. He became obsessed with the cardboard box it came in, carried it everywhere for weeks until my dad refused to take him to the park with it. It was nearly as big as him (he was two)) Never lookedd at the actual farmyard, turns out it was the box he had wanted all along when he pointed it out in the shop.

LegArmpits Tue 04-Dec-18 00:04:23

DD 3 at the time asked for envelopes.
Eldest DS aged about 4 at the time asked for some Ariel liquid and a personal loan 😂
The power of advertising!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: