Talk

Advanced search

To ask the stupid reason why your child has cried today?

(228 Posts)
Ellen7262 Mon 10-Sep-18 16:36:49

Just to make me feel better.

DD aged 2 has just had an hour long meltdown because she didn't want to go to the park. I never asked if she wanted to go to the park. I feel this may be related to the fact she got 3 hours sleep last night.

Give me your 'why the fuck are you crying' stories please!!

NoProbLlama78 Thu 27-Sep-18 11:23:40

DD likes to turn the light of before bed but the last couple of weeks she has wanted to until I'm holding her up to the light switch so she cries because she doesn't want to then cries when I turn it off because she does in fact want to. I do wonder if the house opposite hear the screaming and see the light going on and off and wonder what's going on.

FattyMcGee Thu 27-Sep-18 11:12:01

2yo had a complete breakdown this morning because the cat meowed while he was eating his cereal

PleaseLetItBeNapTime Thu 27-Sep-18 07:00:13

DS who is almost 2 cried yesterday because I wouldn’t let him drive my car and then because I wouldn’t let him use a saw to cut the wood st B&Q.

Scoobygang7 Thu 27-Sep-18 06:51:26

He cut the wrapping paper up to wrap some of his toys. Then cried when I couldn't put it back on the roll

flowercrow Wed 26-Sep-18 22:44:45

Oh please keep posting these, they are brilliant!

RangerLady Tue 25-Sep-18 05:11:04

Nearly 4yo here. Yesterday we had screaming because: she couldn't open a door (old house sticky doors) but didn't think to ask for help. And a major one because the cat walked in her room and sniffed a toy

JAMMFYesPlease Tue 25-Sep-18 04:50:51

6yo: Because Supergirl was crying... 2yo: She wanted to help make dinner but if finished by that point then because I gave her water because that's what she asked for...no she wanted milk!

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Fri 21-Sep-18 20:48:16

I made meatballs for dinner. She had asked for meatballs for dinner, but apparently "you should have said no mummy" hmm I asked what I should have made instead. "Meatballs". confused I give up!

honeylulu Fri 21-Sep-18 20:35:51

I trod on her shadow. Screamed like it was torture.

Her brother was worse. He was incandescent when I could not put his bum "on the front" because he wanted to poo standing up (told this one before and it ended up in the Huffington Post!)

DeadButDelicious Fri 21-Sep-18 20:35:33

Because I took the sudocreme off her.

Snap.

ATwinThing Fri 21-Sep-18 20:33:29

16 months old and a full on screaming tantrum because she wanted to take her toothbrush to bed with her and I took it away briefly so I could get her pyjamas on.

Note she doesn't actually let me brush her teeth.

MetalMidget Fri 21-Sep-18 20:29:39

My 2 year old wanted more toothpaste on his brush.

Galvantula Fri 21-Sep-18 20:24:24

DC2 : it wasn't his birthday so he didn't get a cool present. Then he got a little present anyway and cried again because he wanted that for Christmas, not now.

DC3 - wanted birthday cake before dinner.
Also because not getting to see presents opened before actual birthday child got back from school. Then more at bedtime because I was not happy with all the toys getting pulled out. It was vital to wash some animal masks in the toy washing machine FFS.

winesolveseverything Fri 21-Sep-18 20:16:40

Because he couldn't get his food to stay on his fork at teatime. I offered him a spoon but no, it had to be a fork. Howled like the world was ending...

He has just started school and is completely evil in the evenings... 🙄

JAMMFYesPlease Fri 21-Sep-18 20:11:05

I licked the yoghurt pot lid.

I'd be upset at that. My DDs always wait patiently for the yogurt lid when I take it off for them wink

theOtherPamAyres Thu 20-Sep-18 21:58:32

I licked the yoghurt pot lid. blush

That's his job! (12 months)

FattyMcGee Thu 20-Sep-18 21:32:24

Because I gave him the curry he asked for

WakeUpSlow Thu 20-Sep-18 13:13:44

Because I took the sudocreme off her.

Littletabbyocelot Thu 20-Sep-18 13:10:05

I told him he couldn't stroke his brother's toothbrush (instead of washing his hands after using the toilet)

Yabbers Thu 20-Sep-18 13:06:25

I told her she might not be able to go to school this morning. She's just had surgery and we are transitioning her back in to school half days at a time until she can properly manage full days. The last full day really tired her out so we had thought we would do another half day today and that way she could also do one of the after school clubs she loves.

She was having none of it and cried/shouted/screamed for nearly an hour. Even though I told her after about 15 minutes she could go in this morning and we'd see how it went.

Kids are supposed to hate school!

EyUpOurKid Thu 20-Sep-18 13:00:51

Because I made a joke and another lady laughed and he was clearly feeling a bit sensitive, full on bottom lip wobble and sadness tears.

JAMMFYesPlease Thu 20-Sep-18 12:45:12

Because she went to the time put corner. She put herself there for no reason...

Because she got tuna and salad for dinner. That's what she and her sister asked for out of the two choices they got!

ridinghighinapril Fri 14-Sep-18 21:58:47

My two fought and cried over an invisible ball that they were playing an imaginary game with - W.T.F?!!!

gottastopeatingchocolate Fri 14-Sep-18 21:31:56

Because her my little pony toy isn't big enough to ride.

LurkingWaspi Fri 14-Sep-18 21:29:04

Paw Patrol seeems to be responsible for an inordinate amount of these. Has anyone approached the authorities?

I rang 101 and logged it with the Toddler Tantrum Team.
Chase is on the case...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: