Talk

Advanced search

To ask the stupid reason why your child has cried today?

(228 Posts)
Ellen7262 Mon 10-Sep-18 16:36:49

Just to make me feel better.

DD aged 2 has just had an hour long meltdown because she didn't want to go to the park. I never asked if she wanted to go to the park. I feel this may be related to the fact she got 3 hours sleep last night.

Give me your 'why the fuck are you crying' stories please!!

RosieposiePuddingandPi Mon 10-Sep-18 17:08:16

We had hours of it because he wanted to nap but not right now, then he didn't want to get changed for swimming but desperately wanted to go in the pool. Then he was too cold getting out but didn't want to get dressed. Thankfully he is now a bit less unhappy having had a half hour danger nap.
He's only 20 months, I'm dreading the next couple of years!

Dizzylin Mon 10-Sep-18 17:13:12

My 3 yo DS fell over today, aparently trying to comfort him and check him over was totally the wrong thing to do.

Aozora13 Mon 10-Sep-18 17:14:00

2yo DD resorted to dragging herself across the living room floor in hysterical tears because I had the audacity to go to the toilet by myself (her dad was sat right there, she wasn’t by herself)

MyRelationshipIsWeird Mon 10-Sep-18 17:14:15

DD is 11 and currently crying because I told her she did brilliantly with her running time in PE today....

...because DS did the same run today in an even quicker time (having always struggled with PE due to his weight issues) and I told him he did ‘super brilliantly’.

Apparently this means I don’t love her and I’m unfair. hmmconfused

TomaszIsMineBitch Mon 10-Sep-18 17:14:54

My dd (2) cried her heart out today screaming and shouting to the point i got concerned the neighbours might think she was being murdered because i had put her blanket in the washing machine 🤦‍♀️
She then screamed even more when i put it in the dryer and she couldnt watch it go round

I need wine

Dobbythesockelf Mon 10-Sep-18 17:16:49

Toddlers are so confusing. My dd also cried yesterday cause her dad's car wasn't purple. He has never had a purple car......

BarryTheKestrel Mon 10-Sep-18 17:18:35

A pigeon looked at her funny, it was going to steal her sponge.
40 minutes of snotty tears in town because of a bloody pigeon!

Hyperbolesoul Mon 10-Sep-18 17:19:10

3.5 year old squealing and rolling on the floor....because I put on Paw patrol AS REQUESTED by her.....

trebleclef101 Mon 10-Sep-18 17:19:22

My DD (3) cried this morning because she wanted her cereal "more splashy like yesterday" hmm

Still have no idea what she meant.

randomchap Mon 10-Sep-18 17:20:57

I beat DS at The Gruffalo game. He's a terrible loser but hopefully he'll grow out of it.

I probably shouldn't have done a victory dance

ProcrastinatingPingu Mon 10-Sep-18 17:22:15

Because I said she could have a cake.
That’s it. Maybe tears of unbridled joy? Who knows.

AmIRightOrAMeringue Mon 10-Sep-18 17:23:27

Because my cheese sandwich was toasted and hers wasn't. Because she'd just told me she hated toasted cheese sandwiches because melted cheese is disgusting and wanted a 'raw one'

TheVeryHungryDieter Mon 10-Sep-18 17:24:07

She didn't want to do football class, followed approximately 45 minutes later by tears because she didn't want to leave football class.

fantaseas Mon 10-Sep-18 17:29:12

My favourite strop from my 3yo... he was mildly upset about something and then moved onto massive sobs because "my eyes are wet". Took me ages to calm him down grin

ImTakingTheEssence Mon 10-Sep-18 17:29:29

My 7 year old cried because she didnt want to morrisons. She was screaming in the street "Please don't make me go". Then she cried that much when we got there i turned around a took her home.
I thought she would grow out of this by now.

alligatorsmile Mon 10-Sep-18 17:30:26

DD (5) has cried big snotty sobs recently because I didn't want her to put paint on the carpet. Also, I let her stay up a bit last night, because I am a bastard. I've also been screamed at not so long ago because she didn't want ham in the sandwich that no-one had offered her.

Moominfan Mon 10-Sep-18 17:30:28

I bought him a new toy pram, then tried to coerce him and said pram our the shop.

alligatorsmile Mon 10-Sep-18 17:31:34

Oh, and I didn't put peas on her dinner because she had asked me not to peas on her dinner and she cried because there were no peas on her dinner.

ibuiltahomeforyou Mon 10-Sep-18 17:31:51

Because the cat went out of the cat flap.

She cried and peered mournfully at the cat through the cat flap. She's 18 months.

alligatorsmile Mon 10-Sep-18 17:34:36

When DD was 3, the cat didn't (for some unknown reason) want to be poked with a stick. So the cat ran off and she cried because she wanted the cat to stay. Hoping to comfort her, I said, "You can't control a cat, I'm afraid" and she wailed as if wounded, "I didn't!"

Ellen7262 Mon 10-Sep-18 17:39:01

These stories are truly wonderful. You have all made me feel better about my very unreasonable daughter

ArtemisWeatherwax Mon 10-Sep-18 17:39:26

He looked online and found electric skateboards with a remote control are £300-odd. "But how am I supposed to get to school, I'm so tired" - as a tear ran down his 15 year old cheek. Hard start to term.

Kidssendingmenuts Mon 10-Sep-18 17:39:26

Daughter didn't want to go to school cute meltdown at school gates making me look a right Pratt, also cried because boy child opened front door and not her. boy child cried because his sister got the car seat he wanted (both the dam same) looked at him funny and kicked him in the head because he launched a toy at her.

That's nearly everyday

ForeverBubblegum Mon 10-Sep-18 17:41:26

Because another boy had stolen his shoe's. He hadn't, they both had the same shoes. The fact DS's were on his feet didn't convince him they hadn't been stolen.

CaveMaman Mon 10-Sep-18 17:43:12

Because postman pat wasn't on the telly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: