Talk

Advanced search

Vulvas

(276 Posts)
MeMyselfand Wed 05-Sep-18 07:00:27

What's all this vulva chat about, lately when I've seen any front bottom chat on here it's all vulva this and vulva that. Surely people don't call it their vulva in real life when talking to someone about it.

What do you call yours?

OP’s posts: |
FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:02:16

Perhaps it’s a backlash at everyone saying ‘vagina’ when they mean ‘vulva’. It’s very fucking annoying.

LongSummerDays Wed 05-Sep-18 07:04:05

If I refer to it with OH I say clungal zone or clinger (from the Inbetweeners grin ) other than that it doesn't often come up in conversation!

LongSummerDays Wed 05-Sep-18 07:04:30

Clunge not clinger!

MeanTangerine Wed 05-Sep-18 07:05:54

I don't talk about it. Unless I have to with a HCP or whatever, when I indicate my meaning via semaphore.

MeMyselfand Wed 05-Sep-18 07:06:38

FurryDice, whats the difference between a vaginas and a vulva? confused I've had one for 38 years and don't know.

LongSummerDays grin we seem to quote a lot of inbetweeners here too

MeMyselfand Wed 05-Sep-18 07:08:03

Meantangering never talk about it at all? I find it hard to avoid talking about

missusZee Wed 05-Sep-18 07:09:11

It's a certain type of person thinking they're somehow winning a battle (in their heads) by being correct.

Ironically, they tend to be cunts.

Mine is a foof.

usernamenamename Wed 05-Sep-18 07:09:56

I've never heard anyone call it their vulva in my life. Everyone just says vagina and everyone knows what they're talking about so don't know why everyone is so weird on here about it confused

SD1978 Wed 05-Sep-18 07:10:32

@MeMyselfand

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_562f99dfe4b06317990f73c8/amp

Basically vagina is a 'thing' and vulva is a collection of 'things'

MeanTangerine Wed 05-Sep-18 07:13:23

Vagina = birth canal, internal
Vulva = external

You find it hard to avoid talking about? Are you sure? Do people ask you lots of questions about it?

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:15:12

Your vagina is your internal lady bits - the ‘sheath’ part as it were. Your vulva is all of the external parts: Labuan, clitoris, pubes all of the stuff you can see

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:16:52

Labia, autocorrect said ‘Labuan’ no idea what that is

glintandglide Wed 05-Sep-18 07:17:27

I like vulva but with the children we use mini.
They would struggle to pronounce vulva and can’t really say vagina (bag hyena!) when they’re older though

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:18:09

It’s fucking important, for those saying it’s not. Ffs! You should know what your fucking organs are called!

MeMyselfand Wed 05-Sep-18 07:19:09

Got it now, vagina is the hole and vulva is the foof

Still a little too formal for my liking. Think my friends would be shocked if they heard me say "sorry I can't meet for a coffee I'm going to get my vulva waxed"

twoheaped Wed 05-Sep-18 07:19:53

It's usually referred to as a vulva by those who think they are intellectually superior and feel the need to show off their superiority hmm

You're right OP, can't say I've ever heard anybody in rl refer to it as a vulva, it is more often than not referred to as an inoffensive slang word, depending whereabouts you live in the world, or what your parent's referred to it as.

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:20:00

Do you actually say going to get your vagina waxed tho? If not, what’s different?

glintandglide Wed 05-Sep-18 07:20:16

Surely you wouldn’t say that anyway? Just I’m getting a bikini wax? confused what do you say then?

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:22:12

Dude, I’m happy with ‘cunt’. The problem is with people using an actual term for an actual area of the anatomy and that word is incorrect. Say ‘cunt’ or ‘foof’ or whatever. Do not say ‘vagina’ when you mean ‘vulva’.

user1495884620 Wed 05-Sep-18 07:24:18

FurryDice "Fucking organs" describes them perfectly. grin

FurryDice Wed 05-Sep-18 07:26:38

That’s the thing. Im not twee and not bothered by slang. But it’s incorrect to say ‘vagina’ when everyone means ‘vulva’.

Fuck all to do with intellectual superiority ffs

LEMtheoriginal Wed 05-Sep-18 07:26:42

I woke up to find "naked attraction " on the telly. They were showing women's neyher regions and talking anout their vaginas hmm i thought...ooooh mn would have a field day with that!

Its foof ffs!

I turned it off

Branleuse Wed 05-Sep-18 07:27:50

If im talking about a specific area i will use the right term , yes even in real life. Such as vulva, labia, vagina etc.

If i was talking about the whole lot, id call it my fanny

MeMyselfand Wed 05-Sep-18 07:28:33

😂 No I wouldn't say vagina, vulva wax but I would probably say I'm going to get my foof waxed to my friends rather than a bikini wax, phoning for the appointment I would ask for a bikini wax

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in