Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you drink if you’re teetotal?

(112 Posts)
DanSullivan Tue 28-Aug-18 08:44:51

It seems there are many people on MN who don’t drink alcohol for whatever reason and I would like some ideas for nice, non-alcoholic drinks, please. I usually have lime or black currant cordial with soda water, but I’d like some suggestions for more exciting drinks!
Thank you!

snarfblatt Fri 12-Apr-19 13:55:34

I don't drink - I mostly have sparkling water and herbal teas but do enjoy a non-alcoholic / low-alcohol beer like Nanny State from time to time. Don't particularly like lager so not a massive fan of Becks Blue etc, but there are lots of non-alc craft beers now. Big Drop do an amazing stout!

SurferRona Fri 12-Apr-19 14:16:59

Mint, syrup, limes and soda (virgin mojito), and have recently discovered an AMAZING non-alcoholic IPA called Ghost Ship by Adnams. SO good!

BlueMerchant Fri 12-Apr-19 14:22:08

'Breakfast' juice
Robinson's pink grapefruit cordial
Hot chocolate- all different flavours.

youngestisapsycho Fri 12-Apr-19 15:00:13

www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302219453

I found these in Tesco... they also come in apple & passion friuit and apple& raspberry.. really nice, and the best thing... no sweetener!!

contentedsoul Fri 12-Apr-19 21:47:10

Blackcurrant & Soda
This was originally all we would allow our son to drink if we went out for pub grub. At home we never have fizzy drinks.

However I don't touch alcohol and love Blackcurrant & Soda too
Cheap and refreshing

LucyAutumn Fri 12-Apr-19 22:01:55

Elderflower presse smile

FundayFriday Fri 12-Apr-19 22:06:53

I like soda water, fresh lime with proper ice cubes.

TheSandman Fri 12-Apr-19 22:14:03

On the Wagon for 17 years now and Beck's Blue is the default. (Some places the only option.) Budweiser Prohibition Brew is good. If I'm in a pub - which is very rare for obvious reasons I find I've usually finishedmy small bottle of Beck's long before others have finished their pints. A J2O in a pint glass, topped up with tonic water (no ice) slows me down enough to I keep in synch - has the same weight as a pint and tastes ok.

One thing. Some beers are advertised as being zero percent when their ABV is 0.5% For me even that half a percent is too much. I can taste it. Beck's Blue and others have an ABV of not more than 0.05%. One tenth of the so-called 0% beers. It may be me being over-sensitive - but I really don't want to fall off the wagon - it might be better to play safe and read the small print.

MorvaanReed Fri 12-Apr-19 22:17:07

Pineapple juice mixed with slimline tonic.

WildFlower2019 Fri 12-Apr-19 22:22:32

Mostly tea / decaf tea and water on a daily basis.

If I'm going somewhere and tea isn't an option or I want something different, I'll have:

Elderflower

Fresh apple juice

Fresh pineapple juice

Non alcoholic cocktail like a mock mojoto

The very occasional glass of Pepsi at a pub or fast food restaurant.

WildFlower2019 Fri 12-Apr-19 22:23:01

Ohh and ginger ale!

WildFlower2019 Fri 12-Apr-19 22:25:02

Ooh now brain cogs are whirring

Crawstons do some cracking grown up soft drinks. I think they do a sparkling rhubarb and apple in a can...!

Innocent do some too. It's pure juice and sparkling water I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »