Talk

Advanced search

To think this is rude?!

(13 Posts)
Cornpoppin Sat 11-Aug-18 23:48:01

Went to siblings house (only been there a couple of times) and treat them well/host them when they come to mine... asked for a glass of water - get it yourself. They made themselves dinner and didn’t ask if I wanted any. Then asked me to wash my (single! Solitary!) water glass up before I left!!

Greenyogagirl Sat 11-Aug-18 23:49:42

You treat them as guests and they treat you like a sibling, is there much of an age gap?

Bambamber Sat 11-Aug-18 23:50:01

Had they invited you or did you just turn up?

m0therofdragons Sat 11-Aug-18 23:50:03

Were you invited? I'd get my own water at sibling's house so it's hard to see the issue unless they invited you for dinner then didn't give you food. Feels like there's a gap in the story.

Singlenotsingle Sat 11-Aug-18 23:50:10

Ah well, at least you know when you're not wanted!

Ohyesiam Sat 11-Aug-18 23:50:22

Of course it’s rude

Cornpoppin Sat 11-Aug-18 23:52:46

No age gap at all - I do understand the whole get your own water thing, but it’s a flat share and she keeps her water in the fridge... would just be nice if she was kinder about it!

elephantoverthehill Sun 12-Aug-18 00:01:20

Sorry, I am trying to understand this. Is it a sibling's house or is your sibling trans because you refer to him/her as 'them'. I am a bit confused confused

Greenyogagirl Sun 12-Aug-18 00:03:22

Do you live in a flat share? I think she’s acted like a sibling to be honest, maybe when she has her own place she’ll treat you more like a guest?

9amTrain Sun 12-Aug-18 00:07:52

I don't think it's a trans thing hmm some people, myself included, use "them" when referring to someone...

Greenyogagirl Sun 12-Aug-18 00:15:55

is it a siblings house or is your sibling trans surely whatever gender her sister is she would still be a sibling, it’s not a ‘sibling or trans’ type of thing and wtf has the siblings gender got to do with it anyway? Let me guess, if it’s a brother it’s fine, a sister and it’s rude?

thebewilderness Sun 12-Aug-18 00:15:58

You are not unreasonable. There is no excuse for that behavior. They sent you a clear message and I find it hard to believe they did not do it intentionally.

KeepServingTheDrinks Sun 12-Aug-18 00:27:05

I think the key here is whether you were invited or whether you just turned up???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: