Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to cry watching Kramer Vs Kramer AGAIN?

(8 Posts)
Everyoneiswingingit Sat 11-Aug-18 21:42:33

Flicked through Netflix and DH suggested this film. I was reluctant having watched it several times and , hey we know how it goes. But, wow, I was hooked again by 5 minutes in and was bowled over with the simplicity of the story and the sheer quality of the acting all over again.

dudsville Sat 11-Aug-18 21:44:54

It's such a good film. Sadly, I first saw it when it came out in the cinema and my mum took me, in preparation for our family to go through the separation. Though in v different circumstances. I see it once every 10 years or so and am moved deeply every time.

Stroller15 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:46:29

Oh wow, I watched it for the first time about a month ago and it floored me! Was ugly crying. It's amazing how a 40yr old film can still feel so relevant.

Gillian1980 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:48:26

Yadnbu!

Everyoneiswingingit Sat 11-Aug-18 22:12:48

My teenage DDs walked in halfway through and within minutes they were sitting, watching in silence. That almost never happens when we choose the film. dudsville I can only imagine what that was like for you. I guess your mum thought it would help.

bitheby Sun 12-Aug-18 01:08:56

I watched it as a mature student as part of a psychology degree course in a lecture theatre with a load of 18/19 year olds. Such a powerful film.

Everyoneiswingingit Sun 12-Aug-18 09:28:34

Powerful is the right word.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 12-Aug-18 09:32:44

Watched it once and just cant watch it again; particularly as my mum looked exactly the same as Meryl Streep (and still does). It's an amazing film

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: