Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go out out anymore ?

(18 Posts)
Peachsnowpop Sat 11-Aug-18 21:00:20

I'm 44 and my friends still like going out out. But I can no longer be bothered to get 'ready, ready' or wanna sit in a pub/club consisting of mostly young people. Am I the exception or do other people my age feel like this too ? It's Saturday night, pouring with rain and I'm blissfully up to my neck in a deep bubble bath.

MollyHuaCha Sat 11-Aug-18 21:10:42

Welcome to middle age. smile

<flicks idly through Saga brochure>

Bellabutterfly2016 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:16:35

I'm 39 and feel like that! Give me a film and dvd any night!

BlessYourCottonSocks Sat 11-Aug-18 21:18:37

Couldn't think of anything worse than going 'out' on a night out.

Can't wait to get my PJs on and not have to go anywhere.

Ansumpasty Sat 11-Aug-18 21:18:50

I’m 32 and would rather a nice meal out and then home wine

SnuggyBuggy Sat 11-Aug-18 21:21:38

I'm quite partial to dinner and a film but probably prefer a takeaway and Netflix.

piggie88 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:23:08

I’m 29 and can’t think of anything worse than a night out 😂

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sat 11-Aug-18 21:23:16

I was middle aged at 20 then. Didn't mind going out to a pub, home by 11.30 and in bed by midnight with a nice cup of tea.
Out out is too much like hard work - makes me tired just thinking about it.

GrumpyCatIsMySpiritAnimal Sat 11-Aug-18 21:23:56

I’ve felt like this since I was in my mid twenties!

MrsPreston11 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:25:56

I’ve felt like that since I graduated.

Went out 5-6 nights a week at uni. That’s my life quota done.

For the last 15 years I’ve only had late nights out for weddings and parties really.

SnuggyBuggy Sat 11-Aug-18 21:26:22

I've always been like this. I'd much rather go out at 5 pm and be in bed by 10 pm blush

jlm2514 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:27:58

I'm 22 and prefer staying inblush

BlueThesaurusRex Sat 11-Aug-18 21:30:34

Same as MrsPreston11- I used to love a good night out but have had more than my fair share. I’d sooner have an afternoon out and an early night!

ChristmasFluff Sat 11-Aug-18 21:34:17

I've been known to go to friends' houses for the 'getting ready', and then not going out. Cos the getting ready is the fun part.

VioletCharlotte Sat 11-Aug-18 21:39:17

I feel exactly the same. I love seeing my friends, but in the day time. At a coffee shop or somewhere nice. Or if it has to be the evening, at someone's house where there are sofas and it's comfortable. Really cannot be bothered with standing in crowded bars, yelling at each other to try to be heard over the music. Been there, done that.

dudsville Sat 11-Aug-18 21:40:48

I used to love going out-out! Up until about age 38. I wouldn't spend ages getting ready, just wearing something that made me feel great. Then meet up with friends, drinks, LOTS of dancing, singing. Late home, hot shower, bed, a fabulous breakfast. Heaven. Now? Wouldn't/couldn't do it for all the money in the world. Now that fun is a nice lunch with a dear friend, trawl some charity shops for a rare find. A good chat. Home by 5/6, pj's, an early night.

XiCi Sat 11-Aug-18 21:41:17

Did you ever enjoy going out? I'm 47 and although I'm not clubbing all weekend like I used to do I still love meeting friends for a good night out every month or so. I live in a big city and there is always a wide range of age groups out. I have friends at work in their 20s that would rather stay in and others that will be out until everyone else has gone home. IME that doesn't change when you get older. The frequency does, because of children etc, but that just means that if you do get out you make the most of it when you do. Can't imagine a time when I will want to always stay in with my slippers on!

Lozxx Sat 11-Aug-18 21:44:37

I'm 25 and love staying in😃 I'm asleep most of the time by 10 haha. I do have a toddler though so I suppose I have some excuse. I'll have a cuppa over vodka anytime

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: