Talk

Advanced search

To think life barely changes for new dads

(9 Posts)
watsmyname Sat 11-Aug-18 20:05:47

Jus wondering if it's only in my life where my dh is only slightly different after the arrival of our 2 children. For example my husband is surprised if my son wants to go to the toilet with him or pick wats on tv 😏

bellinisurge Sat 11-Aug-18 20:08:06

Don't know if it's only your life but it's not a description of mine.

YeTalkShiteHen Sat 11-Aug-18 20:09:18

No, but then DP actually parents.

GoatWithACoat Sat 11-Aug-18 21:00:25

Errrm it sounds like your OH needs a kick up the backside my love. If his life hasn’t changed he can’t be doing equal parenting.

watsmyname Sat 11-Aug-18 21:06:03

Ok obvs the lighthearted tone of my op wasn't very clear 🙈 it's true I do the lions share of the parenting but my dh is currently bringing in the income. I jus meant the little things that the lo's always head to mummy for

I mite think twice about posting in future tho

MaryShelley1818 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:07:09

I think DPs life has changed massively! Only probably not as much as mine as I’m currently on Mat Leave and he still goes to work every day. I’ve no doubt it’ll even up when I return to work in 3mths.

Every single second of his spare time is dedicated to us as a family. (Well I think he’s been out maybe a handful of times in the past year). He’s obviously not perfect but I can’t fault him as a father.

Drumknott Sat 11-Aug-18 21:07:41

If it takes until pottytraining kicks in for your husband's life to change just a little, I don't think it's a poo-faced response to suggest he's a bit light in the parenting stakes...

NotUmbongoUnchained Sat 11-Aug-18 21:08:30

My husband was a stay at home dad with our son but the boy still followed me to the toilet whenever I was home and asked me all the annoying questions grin

ElinorOliphantIsCompletelyFine Sat 11-Aug-18 21:10:15

DP and I both work full time. I would definitely say that both our lives have changed drastically. DS comes to both of us for everything - cuddles, following to the loo, food, playtime, reading, etc

If your DHs life hasn't changed much, I would think it's because he's not actually allowing it to change, or you both need to work on him having more hands on time with the kids

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: