Talk

Advanced search

To think the pain of trapped wind is in a par with childbirth?

(33 Posts)
DannyOD Sat 11-Aug-18 14:21:02

It sounds such an innocuous thing but I suffer from it sporadically and had it last night and it’s bloody agony!!!

clearbluepool Sat 11-Aug-18 14:23:12

No it's not on par with childbirth but it can be very painful.

Merryoldgoat Sat 11-Aug-18 14:23:57

I’ve not given birth as I had two sections, however the trapped wind afterwards was worse than post-operative pain for sure.

I took deflatine which helped a bit - I felt like I could propel myself to the mood I was so full of air. sad

ArmySal Sat 11-Aug-18 14:30:53

What Merryoldgoat said. I was discharged from the hospital 24 hours after my last c-section and was literally on all fours two hours later, the pain from the trapped wind was horrendous.

Camperqueen Sat 11-Aug-18 14:33:41

What are the symptoms? I had something the other day that I thought was trapped wind. Ended up undressed on the bathroom floor in a hot sweat from the pain before it dissipated. Couldn’t find any explanation online that matched my symptoms so I’m curious!!

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 11-Aug-18 14:35:55

Camperqueen - have you looked into gallstones? I mistook mine for trapped wind for a few weeks and couldn't figure out why things like deflatine weren't doing anything to help.

VeganCanBeFabulous Sat 11-Aug-18 14:36:08

I don’t think it’s as bad as childbirth, but it is horrendous. I found it to be very similar to the paint I had with gallstones. Agonising.

Amortentia Sat 11-Aug-18 14:36:22

I had a forceps delivery and spent the 5th day after giving birth in unbelievable agony due to trapped wind. That was nearly 16 years ago and I can still remember it, YANBU.

VeganCanBeFabulous Sat 11-Aug-18 14:36:41

Pain not paint.

randomuntrainedcuntowner Sat 11-Aug-18 14:37:31

All I know is that I had a ruptured ectopic and I thought it was trapped wind/IBS pain...

cyantist Sat 11-Aug-18 14:42:25

After I gave birth I had horrible trapped wind. It was without a doubt so much worth than childbirth.

However if they'd give me pethidine and gas/air for my trapped wind I might think differently!

TheConstantMoaner Sat 11-Aug-18 14:44:11

Totally agree.

Misty9 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:47:20

I had appendicitis but thought it was trapped wind as I'm used to the agony shock

doleritedinosaur Sat 11-Aug-18 14:48:41

YABU, I’ve had both & crowning is far far worse.

Elderflower78 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:54:03

I will tell you a wee story of what happened to me once....i went to the loo and had diarreah (sorry) two mins later I got this pain up my side, it was so so bad. I collapsed and was sweating buckets. I started vomiting. I went all dizzy....i told dp to call an ambulance. I thought I had lïke some bowel obstruction.
I farted a couple of times and I got a lot better very quickly. We cancelled the ambulance.
It mite sound hilarious but at the time I thought I needed urgent surgery and thought I was going to die without help.

I suffer from wind on a daily basis but I have never been through that since. So yes I hear You, it can be horrendous.

leighdinglady Sat 11-Aug-18 14:58:51

The day I returned home after the birth of dd I genuinely thought I was dying the pain was so bad. I thought something must have ruptured or been infected. It was like being stabbed.

FlippertyJibbit Sat 11-Aug-18 15:01:53

Agree with gallbladder posts. A gallbladder attack is on par with contractions and can see how it can be thought of as wind.

OttilieKnackered Sat 11-Aug-18 15:13:19

The worst pain I’ve ever experienced is trapped wind, so I thought I was just very lucky/a wuss.

To be fair, I’ve not given birth though.

SendYouUpInFlames Sat 11-Aug-18 15:27:10

Ha! No.

SendYouUpInFlames Sat 11-Aug-18 15:29:51

I've also badly burnt my whole stomach, and nearly ripped my leg off, and still no. My 2 children's childbirth were definitley worse.

SeaToSki Sat 11-Aug-18 15:32:10

It's agony. One thing I have found that can work is....
Sliding down the stairs slowly on my stomach (face first)
It sounds completely ridiculous and looks it too, but it does help quite a lot!

runningkeenster Sat 11-Aug-18 15:33:42

It is very painful especially when it's up your back passage!

Epidurals exist for labour pains, I'm not sure you can do much for wind.

TedAndLola Sat 11-Aug-18 15:37:09

It's the only pain that makes me cry out!

AlphaBravo Sat 11-Aug-18 15:37:15

Think you might gave gallstones love. Not trapped wind.

AlphaBravo Sat 11-Aug-18 15:37:26

*have

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: