Talk

Advanced search

to block a casual acquaintance on WhatsApp for sending me a bedroom selfie?

(10 Posts)
Apehouse Sat 11-Aug-18 09:57:12

I was playing an online game. One random opponent kept inviting me for repeat games. He invited me to chat. From my profile name my gender is obvious, but I did not see any issue at that stage. Since his game was good I agreed. Neither party is single and I am certainly not looking for anything, but heck, can one not even talk without assumptions being made?

I found him a bit too intense but blamed that on cultural differences (he’s in the US). Except that yesterday he sent me an ‘innocuous’ greeting (‘good afternoon’) with a selfie of him, admittedly clothed, on the edge of an evidently rumpled bed. After that I just blocked him everywhere. Was that unreasonable?

mimibunz Sat 11-Aug-18 09:59:07

Nope, not unreasonable. He was trying it on.

Apehouse Sat 11-Aug-18 10:00:13

Thanks mimi

HilaryBriss Sat 11-Aug-18 10:52:40

Eh? I think YABU. He probably plays the game in his bedroom and can't be arsed to make his bed.

I could understand if he was naked but he wss fully clothed ffs!

NotAsGreenAsCabbageLooking Sat 11-Aug-18 10:54:17

Chat doesn’t need photos... he was testing the waters. I’d have blocked too.

Apehouse Sat 11-Aug-18 10:57:48

I didn’t need another selfie. He had sent me several the previous day.

Apehouse Sat 11-Aug-18 11:00:00

and I’d made it clear I wouldn’t be sending him any of me. Apologies for drip feed.

Badbadtromance Sat 11-Aug-18 11:00:02

Trust your instincts. He was testing the waters

parkermoppy Sat 11-Aug-18 11:35:54

definitely not a problem to block, no need for that. an online game should be just that, it's not a dating site. too many people are beginning to treat all online platforms as though they are dating sites, online games, linkedin (!!!) absolutely no need

Apehouse Sat 11-Aug-18 15:28:23

Thanks everyone. I feel quite stupid now to have let it happen at all. But thank you for confirming that it made sense to block him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: