Talk

Advanced search

Valuing the Privacy of Others, and Protecting your Own!

(66 Posts)
Privocate Fri 10-Aug-18 09:40:15

As an Advocate of Privacy (hence my username), I'm here to advise individuals of my personal views regarding the social difficulty of privacy invasion , many currently face. I've opened this account because I read an open conversation, which is now over a year old. "Neighbours can hear all of my conversations." People should not be using your domestically social vulnerability, to aid them in a campaign of harassment, bullying and intimidation. Shame on them, but rejoice that they cannot be very happy people. Neighbours targeting you this way, could also hear conversations that aren't shouted with a glass to the wall, or maybe even their own floor (in the case of flats). If others can hear you by ANY means, they should try talking to you about, what they hear, instead

jjemimapuddleduck Fri 10-Aug-18 09:41:11

?

Privocate Fri 10-Aug-18 09:50:47

Yes, I didn't realise this site was for parents (I'm not one).

LongSummerDays Fri 10-Aug-18 10:07:48

confused

TheMaddHugger Fri 10-Aug-18 10:16:31

@Privocate Fri 10-Aug-18 09:50:47
Yes, I didn't realise this site was for parents (I'm not one).

Non parents post here too. Don't let stop you

Privocate Fri 10-Aug-18 10:49:59

Thanks for your support.

strawberryHaribo Fri 10-Aug-18 10:55:22

What is the thread about??

Cismyass Fri 10-Aug-18 10:58:42

Step. Away. From. The. Gin OP...

FromNowOn Fri 10-Aug-18 11:00:32

Eh?

FlotSHAMnJetson Fri 10-Aug-18 11:39:34

Tin foil hat time?

strawberryHaribo Fri 10-Aug-18 12:16:31

Oh your going to help me maintain my privacy? By me sharing with you on a public internet platform?

Okay...

So OP I am a lesbian man and I am annoyed by some phallic stickers that suggest women don't have male anatomy

Oh and I ate a whole pack of vianetta and the man in the shop today will know as I need to buy and replace it before others notice

Can you help me maintain ice cream privacy and other randomness?

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 08:59:23

The point, strawberryHaribo, is that you don't share things like that online. I do appreciate the ironic effort though. I've heard that women do have male anatomy (or is that men who want a sex change?) Ciss is spelt with a K Cismyass, and there is no gin here. And my ideas are based on supported online research, and tin foil hats disrupt signals, and I once heard that the wearers of them, are concerned about alien abduction. And undermined privacy is a concern of this world, Not some alien one.

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 09:03:37

But I thank, and welcome, all contributions.

WhiteDust Sat 11-Aug-18 09:29:37

Your research sounds umm... very thorough Privocate. How long have you been working on this theory?

funnylittlefloozie Sat 11-Aug-18 09:34:59

Do you believe in individual responsibility? In that, if i choose to share details of my private life online, thats my business? I put a lot of stuff on my Facebook, but that's firmly locked down. My private life is quite boring anyway, even my tax return isnt terribly thrilling!

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 09:58:30

My research is based on casual browsing. That is how I found myself using this blog. Refer to my head statement WhiteDust. And individual responsibility taken when not invading others privacy is what I'm calling attention to funnylittlefloozie.

MissusGeneHunt Sat 11-Aug-18 10:07:25

Shit, I think it's ME that's been on the gin this morning...

OP are you offering general advice about something maybe suggesting that posters shouldn't post about various topics?

Is it cos I is confused??? confused

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 10:08:49

I meant given, not taken. Or it could've been while instead of *when^.

ScreamingValenta Sat 11-Aug-18 10:10:58

Don't worry about not being a parent, OP - there are plenty of childfree people here.

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 10:20:38

Yes my advice is general. I'm afraid I'm new to getting a response MissusGeneHunt. I think that sites like this one, e.g. Quora, govern what individuals may post. So I know it's not my job to suggest what others post. If any have nothing better to do than to mock, genuine concerns, then I feel sorry for them. Thank you for outlining your query though MissusGeneHunt, I wish you well halo

MissusGeneHunt Sat 11-Aug-18 11:22:44

OK OP, that's clearer. Thank you. Maybe I was more mocking myself.

I think the internet can indeed be a difficult place to manage, and people post for all sorts of reasons, good or bad. We have to trust judgement whether we think that's good or bad. Free speech, thank goodness, is still legal in the majority of countries.

I wish you well too.

Privocate Sat 11-Aug-18 11:35:33

Yes Free Speech is a wonderful idea. But emerging from the wrong mouths, important lives and, reputations of good people can be ruined.

Rollonweekend Sat 11-Aug-18 11:36:50

This makes no sense.

FloydWasACat Sat 11-Aug-18 11:43:50

I am so confused as to what your post is actually about? Are you saying that on a forum, esp AIBU people should not post about their problems or concerns? Isn't that whole point of this section? Genuine question, by the way

FloydWasACat Sat 11-Aug-18 11:47:22

Also, I think you are completely missing the meaning behind Cismyass's username

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: