Talk

Advanced search

To think Boris Johnson should be be thrown out of Tory party?

(1000 Posts)
crunchymint Tue 07-Aug-18 22:26:31

He is clearly racist. He should be thrown out of the Conservative party.

IAmInsignificunt Tue 07-Aug-18 22:28:06

I agree.

Walkingdeadfangirl Tue 07-Aug-18 22:28:57

What happened?

FelicityFoxworth Tue 07-Aug-18 22:29:11

I disagree

DieAntword Tue 07-Aug-18 22:29:23

If they threw all the racists out of the Tory party how many would he left?

marvellousnightforamooncup Tue 07-Aug-18 22:29:35

We can hope.

His ego driven ambition to become PM is ruining this country.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 07-Aug-18 22:29:58

I don’t think he should, no.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Tue 07-Aug-18 22:30:15

He should have been thrown out ages ago. He won’t be though.

hottotrotsky Tue 07-Aug-18 22:30:41

But the Tory party is founded on racism, imperialism, colonialism and capitalist entitlement. So BJ is an exemplary member of said right wing filth.

Walkingdeadfangirl Tue 07-Aug-18 22:31:09

Is this a Momentum poll?

YeTalkShiteHen Tue 07-Aug-18 22:31:58

Yes! He said awful things.

Singlenotsingle Tue 07-Aug-18 22:32:41

What/who would we have to laugh at then?

crunchymint Tue 07-Aug-18 22:32:56

WalkingDeD No, last thread I posted got accused of being a Tory.

Dottierichardson Tue 07-Aug-18 22:33:28

Yes but I imagine his attitudes are most likely present in the party at large, he's just not as discreet about them. He got away with racist comments when he was mayor too, does nobody remember the 'piccaninny' and 'watermelon smiles' remarks back in 2008 and his comments about Barack Obama in 2016?
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/pmqs-theresa-may-boris-johnson-racist-slur-picanninies-party-kenyan-obama-dodges-question-uk-foreign-a7146126.html

Seniorcitizen1 Tue 07-Aug-18 22:35:36

Racist, Tory - what’s the difference. He belongs in Tory party

LivininaBox Tue 07-Aug-18 22:37:54

I think he has shown himself to be totally unsuitable to be PM (or indeed foreign secretary). It looks like a dog whistle to the extreme right. Maybe he didn't mean it as that and it was just a cheap and thoughtless attempt to get into the headlines, but he should know better. I don't really care about him being thrown out but he definitely shouldn't be in a senior government position.

Walkingdeadfangirl Tue 07-Aug-18 22:42:06

Is this just an anti Boris thread, which is fine. Or has he done something to offend a particular race? No one has actually said anything specific yet?

DesignStatement Tue 07-Aug-18 22:43:03

He belongs in the Tory Party ~ he is just like the rest of them.
To think only weeks ago he was Foreign Secretary!

He's an ambitious baw bag who has contempt for everybody except himself. His buffoonery fools nobody with a brain.

JustAnotherPoster00 Tue 07-Aug-18 22:44:34

Walkingdeadfangirl

Do you condone his recent statements then?

Unfinishedkitchen Tue 07-Aug-18 22:44:48

To think he could say these things about Muslims and up until a few weeks ago he was the Foreign Secretary?

Nevertheless, he’s playing to the gallery. He’s received his orders from Steve Bannon and is styling himself as the champion of the Alt-right. He saw how the anti-Muslim thing worked for Tommy Robinson. He was never going to stay quiet for long. His ambition is too strong. He’ll say and do whatever it takes to get the top job which he believes he was born entitled to and if it takes styling himself as a poundshop Trump then he’ll do it.

He has no moral compass just naked ambition. Everyone can see it but he’s schemed so often everyone now views him as a busted flush apart from some Sun readers who think he’s a ‘legend’. Even his own party can see it which is why the House chamber was almost empty when he gave his resignation speech. He’s over.

SusanWalker Tue 07-Aug-18 22:47:14

Yes I do think he should be thrown out of the party. He has a record of racist comments. But he won't be. A lot of Tory activists love him.

He recently met with Steve Bannon, so it's possible that this article is part of a wider strategy.

Dottierichardson Tue 07-Aug-18 22:48:04

Walkingdeadfangirl see latest news items about Boris and Islamophobia, or Google Boris Johnson Burqa/Burka:
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-comments-burka-niqab-theresa-may-muslim-women-islam-latest-a8481666.html

LivininaBox Tue 07-Aug-18 22:49:11

<b>walkingdeadfangirl<b> he said women in burkas looked ridiculous and compared them to bank robbers and letterboxes.

LivininaBox Tue 07-Aug-18 22:50:45

(I never can do that bold thing)

theliverpoolone Tue 07-Aug-18 22:53:42

If Jeremy Corbyn or any member of the Labour Party had said what he said, the Tories would be braying for them to be sacked. Yet Boris can spout racist crap repeatedly and just gets a half hearted 'we think he should apologise' - which he won't. One rule for him, different rules for everyone else. Vile man, and he shouldn't be getting away with it because of allegedly being a figure of fun. YANBU.

This thread is not accepting new messages.