Talk

Advanced search

Does anything think this is reasonable?

(208 Posts)
FrazzledRockRed Tue 07-Aug-18 20:37:18

Tiny new baby, aww. In the supermarket.
Walking down an aisle.
Boob out completely trying to get the baby to latch.
Wtf.
Does anyone think this is normal? I bf myself for the record.

KoolAidPickle Tue 07-Aug-18 20:38:50

It's not not normal. Why shouldn't she have a breast out if she needs to? That is what they are actually for, after all. Presumably she should be hiding in a corner somewhere?

Labradoodliedoodoo Tue 07-Aug-18 20:38:59

I wouldn’t judge.

GreatDuckCookery Tue 07-Aug-18 20:39:20

Needs must I guess. Would imagine it wasn't very comfortable for mum but she must have been just trying to soothe her baby.

Moominfan Tue 07-Aug-18 20:39:29

It's exactly what they're for

Acitywallandatrampoline Tue 07-Aug-18 20:40:03

Normal? What feeding a hungry baby? Yes completely normal and reasonable. Perhaps you reaction is the thing that isn't normal. May want to examine why an exposed breast offends you so much.

Bluntness100 Tue 07-Aug-18 20:40:46

Lol, get your hard hat on op,

Walking round rhe supermaket with your breast totally exposed is clearly not something you see every day, but you're going to get slaughtered on here,

🤣

Aprilshowersinaugust Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:03

Personally I would have ditched the shopping and sat in the cafe to bf.
Can't imagine very comfortable bf +shopping tbh!

peanutbutterclusters Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:10

i think its completely normal. I like to snack around the supermarket, why shouldn't my hungry baby?

ProfessorMoody Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:21

Yes. Feeding a baby with what is usually used to feed a baby is completely normal.

HTH.

ProfessorMoody Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:24

Yes. Feeding a baby with what is usually used to feed a baby is completely normal.

HTH.

kaytee87 Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:25

Would you question a mum feeding a baby a bottle in the supermarket?

RiverTam Tue 07-Aug-18 20:41:45

Well. I wouldn’t do it myself but really, there’s nothing wrong with it.

NoelHeadbands Tue 07-Aug-18 20:44:19

So she was trying to get the baby to latch?
Not like, pretending it was a gun and ‘shooting’ passers by with it? Not using it as a pointing device whilst pondering the price of tinned peas?

bookishtartlet Tue 07-Aug-18 20:44:47

I did this many a time. I had a constant feeder. If I sat down every time to feed him, I would never have got anywhere, ever.

YABU for this being a thing you even noticed.

Sandsnake Tue 07-Aug-18 20:46:36

Yeah, I think it’s reasonable.

LyndorCake Tue 07-Aug-18 20:48:23

Of course you're going to notice. A naked boob out in the real world isn't something most people see everyday. I deffo would have noticed. Would have just thought "ah, I remember when DS was small enough to do that" while I wrestle my 2 year old into the trolly seat.

ManorGreyhound Tue 07-Aug-18 20:52:02

By the same logic, getting your bits out and masturbating in the supermarket aisle is perfectly ok.

Its only a body part after all, being used for the purpose of giving pleasure to its owner.

What's the problem?

(disclaimer - I bf in public, but always was discreet. Nobody wants to see a stranger's boobs in the supermarket.)

Its possible to bf without making a song and dance about it.

kaytee87 Tue 07-Aug-18 20:53:30

Seriously manor? Feeding a baby is the same as having a wank? Are you sick?

gabsdot Tue 07-Aug-18 20:54:28

I did a museum tour once and a woman on the tour breast feed her tiny baby while at the same time pushing her toddler in his buggy with the other hand.
Fair play to her I say.

Bluntness100 Tue 07-Aug-18 20:54:56

Wonder if rhe op will come back or if this was the old lob it in and run tactic,,,🤣

YeTalkShiteHen Tue 07-Aug-18 20:55:24

By the same logic, getting your bits out and masturbating in the supermarket aisle is perfectly ok

Uh no, your logic is seriously skewed.

There’s literally no comparison between a pervert having a wank in public and a Mum feeding a hungry baby. That you think their is says an awful lot about you!

She was probably tired, harassed and just desperate to get baby latched on to feed!

KoolAidPickle Tue 07-Aug-18 20:55:29

By the same logic, getting your bits out and masturbating in the supermarket aisle is perfectly ok

Your weirdass logic perhaps. Not that of normal people hmm

DameSquashalot Tue 07-Aug-18 20:56:21

It probably wouldn't have been convenient for her to abandon her shopping to go and find somewhere. I wouldn't have felt comfortable making a new born wait.

seven201 Tue 07-Aug-18 20:57:21

I've fed my baby when walking down the street as just wouldn't stop screaming for milk and I needed to get home. I think I'd have probably done a bit of a double take then thought 'good for her'. Maybe she was just in a hurry so couldn't detour to the cafe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: