Talk

Advanced search

Done before but it’s fun. So guess the book and the mil

(1000 Posts)
Seasawride Tue 17-Jul-18 23:41:28

Help! I have one dd. My mil has lived with us since we have been married.

She is a very strong woman and overruled me on everything. She sends me to bed if I sneeze.

When dd was 2 dh pissed off capturing butterflies in Africa and I havnt heard off him for years. Bastard. So mil got friendly with a wierd lady next door. She has big hair coils round her ears, writes books and has lots of kids.

I am concerned she is also involved in modern slavery as she has a woman living with her called Anna who does everything.

Anyway mil and this wierd Jo woman have colluded to send dd to a boarding school.

Aibu to just want to move away with dd. Start again and have some fun? grin

Guess the book and keep going. grin

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 17-Jul-18 23:44:25

Three Go To The Chalet School

Seasawride Tue 17-Jul-18 23:45:09

Omg!!! You are good!! Your turn

Seasawride Tue 17-Jul-18 23:49:54

My sister was bloody wierd and I think her and her dh were crack heads.

Left their kid on my doorstep and I havnt got a spare bedroom.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 17-Jul-18 23:50:49

I am an enthusiastic painter who likes Benedictine but am v disorganised when it comes to Christmas. DH is a sanctimonious git who isn’t helping at all and is just swanning around playing a record about choirboys and sucking Polos. My DC are fighting endlessly, particularly my beautiful but bolshy DD1 (who isn’t DH’s child). To top it all off, my MIL is staying and I’ve just put up a frightful black by forgetting she takes lemon in her tea. I’m getting twitchy about dropped telephone calls as well - I think I’ll buy DD2 a puppy for protection.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 17-Jul-18 23:52:17

Harry Potter!

I have an encyclopaedic font of knowledge about the Chalet School blush.

WoahTheWokeyCokey Tue 17-Jul-18 23:53:48

Polo!

vampirethriller Tue 17-Jul-18 23:54:16

Man Who Made Husbands Jealous!

vampirethriller Tue 17-Jul-18 23:54:47

Dammit... I meant Polo!grin

LoveInTokyo Tue 17-Jul-18 23:56:50

My daughters have made most advantageous matches. My eldest is married to a terribly charming man. My youngest’s husband is dashing and handsome, especially in his uniform. My second eldest’s husband was rather rude and standoffish when we first became acquainted with him but thankfully he saw sense. And he is extremely wealthy!

TooManyPaws Tue 17-Jul-18 23:58:48

Pride and Prejudice.

WhataLovelyPear Wed 18-Jul-18 00:02:23

Pride and Prejudice?

Jamiefraserskilt Wed 18-Jul-18 00:03:08

Pride and prejudice

Seasawride Wed 18-Jul-18 00:08:21

grin Too I love the chalet school wink

I gave up my past love a sailor, because of family pressure. My dsis and my df are narcissists.

I have met him again but worried he fancies a younger bird.

This younger bird hit her head while we were walking by the sea. She was flirting with my ex.

She’s ok now but how can I get him to notice me? Any advice?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 18-Jul-18 00:11:51

Persuasion.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 18-Jul-18 00:13:48

My parents are dead and I really don't feel like supporting myself. Luckily I've got some relations in the countryside. It all sounds a bit basic and dirty but I'll tidy it up! Then maybe I'll get down to writing a novel as good as...

Seasawride Wed 18-Jul-18 00:16:44

Oh I know it but can’t think!!!

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 18-Jul-18 00:17:49

grinThe place in the countryside has animals and is a bit chilly!

appleoftheluck Wed 18-Jul-18 00:20:12

Cold comfort farm?

themagicamulet Wed 18-Jul-18 00:20:35

Cold Comfort Farm?

Seasawride Wed 18-Jul-18 00:21:24

Of course

Chickenbhunaandoice Wed 18-Jul-18 00:21:27

Cold Comfort Farm

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 18-Jul-18 00:21:49

grin

GreenthoughtInAGreenShade Wed 18-Jul-18 00:23:06

Cold comfort farm!

Seasawride Wed 18-Jul-18 00:30:50

I have a sweet simple mate who thinks the love of my life actually fancies her. Bless she’s pretty but dim and I have tried to fix her up before with the vicar but he has since married a right bitch. Thinks she’s my equal!

Lately though I am not sure the love of my life isn’t falling for her. It would be muggy if he did as I havnt told him I fancy him yet.

He’s older then me and can be a twat. Dad likes him mind you. My old governess likes him. My sister is married to his brother.

Aibu to tell him how I feel?

Ref!! muggy from love island via my teens wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.