Talk

Advanced search

Racist Relatives

(5 Posts)
justilou1 Sat 23-Jun-18 01:52:29

Just had some racist relatives visit for a couple of days... thankfully they’re gone and we can all breathe a sigh of relief. My kids and I were having a laugh with each other and wondering how they cops when the shoe is on the other foot. Do they say “Brace yourselves kids, incoming open-minded relatives!”....

justilou1 Sat 23-Jun-18 01:53:01

*cope not cops....

tina679 Sat 23-Jun-18 01:57:28

My step dad is completely racist and after many years of me trying to get my open minded point across and that only managing to make things worse (he would say more just to pee me off!) I have ended up ignoring anything racist or offensive that he says so as not to give a reaction and hoping that he will get the message and shut up 😂

littlemisscomper Sat 23-Jun-18 02:05:26

My parents are racist. They don't exactly mean to be but they are. I've tried openly and subtly challenging them on it but it never ends well for me.

Raven88 Sat 23-Jun-18 02:15:50

I have them too and I just challenge them and mock them a little in jest. My DM is the worst she points out people's skin colour on TV and I just ask her why.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: