Talk

Advanced search

My neighbor is having loud sex at 8:30 in the morning!

(162 Posts)
Serendipite Fri 22-Jun-18 23:48:20

They usually have loud sex (it's the woman we hear often) but this time, it's at bloody 8:30 in the morning!

What would you do?

Timeisslippingaway Sat 23-Jun-18 00:29:46

8.30 during the week isn't that early. At the weekend it's quite early. In a few months it might be a baby waking you up at all hours of the day 😂 I would probably make the most of the 8.30 wake ups.

Serendipite Sat 23-Jun-18 00:34:56

In a few months it might be a baby waking you up at all hours of the day

You're right. grin It used to be 5:45 am weekdays, and Friday nights. I guess they woke up late today. :D

frogprincess84 Sat 23-Jun-18 00:35:07

Used to have neighbours like this. Got all the housemates to sit by the adjoining wall to shout encouragement and repeat her own lines back at her.... immature but stopped the problem

elephantscanring Sat 23-Jun-18 00:35:18

8.30?? That's a civilised time!

Serendipite Sat 23-Jun-18 00:37:22

Got all the housemates to sit by the adjoining wall

grin grin grin

I can hear them from the kitchen downstairs. Actually they can also be heard outside, where the parking is because their window is open.

I'm not mad, just amused.

Timeisslippingaway Sat 23-Jun-18 00:45:10

I wouldn't do anything apart from perhaps try to top their noise 😂.

notangelinajolie Sat 23-Jun-18 00:47:46

We had a woman next door like this. DH named her and whoever her guest of the night was 'slapper and slap'. Trouble was her bedroom was right next to the DC's bedroom and her nocturnal activities kept waking them up. Our youngest used to get quite upset listening to all the screaming. We ended up swapping rooms with DC's but then her wailing and screaming kept waking us up too. DH who has very infectious laugh found it very amusing and more often than not we'd end up in hysterics listening to the antics. Our laughter didn't put her off though - they carried on regardless. In the end we had sound proofing put in.

Timeisslippingaway Sat 23-Jun-18 00:48:53

Aw no inhibitions 😂. As long as you don't have kids listening OP I wouldn't bother too much. How long does it last? Half an hour tops? 😉😂

Serendipite Sat 23-Jun-18 00:51:58

As long as you don't have kids listening OP I wouldn't bother too much.

No kids. The other neighbour has a baby. And another apartment has kids.

liverbird10 Sat 23-Jun-18 01:07:20

At that hour?! Well, I'm glad someone is...

Koalablue Sat 23-Jun-18 01:59:40

Download a sex scene from a movie and play it back at them but louder.

FASH84 Sat 23-Jun-18 05:44:36

When I was in a student house we had a sex play list that we'd play loudly if someone was being particularly enthusiastic, in our house or the one next door (thin walls) it included the song 'only 16'

SoupDragon Sat 23-Jun-18 06:19:28

DH named her and whoever her guest of the night was 'slapper and slap'.

Lovely.

Pengggwn Sat 23-Jun-18 06:23:43

Personally, OP, I am with you. I hate hearing other people have loud, fake moany sex - it nauseates me. I don't think 8.3am is particularly early, but nor is it too early for me to throw shoes at the wall and shout STFU.

Mamabear4180 Sat 23-Jun-18 06:29:51

I'm also with you OP and this would do my head in. I can't think of anything you can do though!

SumerisIcumenin Sat 23-Jun-18 06:37:56

Headphones. Music of your choice. It’s how DD survived her first year at uni.

Metoodear Sat 23-Jun-18 06:42:10

Nothing this happened to us when next door was seeing a heavy set lass for a few months
Tbh he was giving her the ride of her life by the sound of it didn’t know he had it in him grin looks like a right Norman

GrannyMac2018 Sat 23-Jun-18 06:43:00

I like fash84 idea of playing music
Get a playlist on
‘Let’s get it on’
‘I wanna sex you up’
They may appreciate the backing track

ForalltheSaints Sat 23-Jun-18 06:46:22

Loud applause. Loud shouting about time for an Oscar nomination.

MeMyselfand Sat 23-Jun-18 06:48:22

Lucky buggers.

Whenever I would visit my gran and stay over night I would hear her upstairs neighbour at it, don't think my gran noticed when we were sitting watching the lottery on a Saturday night thank feck. Anyway I mentioned it to him and he kept the noise down after that. Have you tried telling them you can hear?

ErrolTheDragon Sat 23-Jun-18 07:03:19

What would I do? Be slightly envious of their lack of inhibition and maybe put some earphones in.

Petalflowers Sat 23-Jun-18 07:08:03

I prefer morning intamicies. Always too tired at night.

MrsPreston11 Sat 23-Jun-18 07:11:05

How I miss weekend morning sex. Was a regular thing pre-kids.

Now we’ve got 2 kids and a dog in bed with us and Paw Patrol on the telly.

Footballmumofthefuture Sat 23-Jun-18 07:15:40

No advice. I'm just jealous 😂

wandaandthealien Sat 23-Jun-18 07:37:21

I'm always suprised people are so bothered about things like this, unless you live in a detached property in the country you are going to "hear" other peoples lives. I'd rather hear that than arguing or shouting.

8.30 is a perfectly reasonable time, round here many are already mowing lawns by that time, if it bothers you that much stick the radio on to drown it out, its unlikely going on more than 15 mins or so!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »