Talk

Advanced search

"Mummy Pig is dressed as a fireman"

(38 Posts)
apparently Thu 21-Jun-18 10:24:31

hmm

Would it of been that hard to just say firewoman or even firefighter?

Peppa Pig is annoying enough without this shit.

NotARegularPenguin Thu 21-Jun-18 10:26:20

Yanbu. Firefighter would be the obvious answer!

ikeepaforkinmypurse Thu 21-Jun-18 10:33:29

or "firehuman" might be acceptable?

liverbird10 Thu 21-Jun-18 10:34:44

Firepig, surely.

Yokatsu Thu 21-Jun-18 10:34:53

Yabvu to expect Peppa pig to be anything other than shit.

apparently Thu 21-Jun-18 10:34:56

@ikeepaforkinmypurse firepig grin

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Thu 21-Jun-18 10:34:59

Mummy Pig is definitely not human.

Marriedwithchildren5 Thu 21-Jun-18 10:35:19

They are such sexist pigs on that show!

stayathomer Fri 22-Jun-18 10:47:17

Firefighter does make sense but maybe let this one go wink

alligatorsmile Fri 22-Jun-18 10:58:34

I'm a vegetarian but even I think Peppa and her entire stupid family should be turned into bacon. Apart from the fact that it's just plain shit, it's also horribly sexist and the woman who does the voice for Mummy Rabbit/Nanny Plum from Ben & Holly sounds like she could not give one solitary fuck about it.

alligatorsmile Fri 22-Jun-18 10:59:48

ooh i've got pig rage now.

NotSinisterAtAll Fri 22-Jun-18 11:20:13

@alligatorsmile

Did you know she’s David Baddiel’s wife? Random fact right there.

NotSinisterAtAll Fri 22-Jun-18 11:21:01

But she doesn’t do the voice for Nanny Plum though.

ineedsomeinspiration Fri 22-Jun-18 11:24:18

Firefighters call themselves firefighters surely the script writers could have managed it.

letsallhaveanap Fri 22-Jun-18 11:27:54

we have that Peppa Pig Fire Engine book and my son loves it... I always thought it was quite funny because Daddy Pig is a bit sexist and sort of undermines Mummy Pigs Fire Service volunteering.. 'good excuse for a chat' but then she and all the women end up rescuing him from the fire at his 'Daddies BBQ' and he is humbled

Ive always like how the Peppa Pig characters are all a bit flawed

alligatorsmile Fri 22-Jun-18 11:35:11

Mummy Pig is David Baddiel's wife (I remember him saying how problematic that could be in view of his being Jewish!)

Mummy Rabbit is Nanny Plum.

I don't like how Daddy Pig is constantly undermined and lambasted. And Mummy Pig's sole raison d'etre is being a mummy. I might just be slightly overthinking a kids' TV programme though.

<mutters> stillneedtobebacon

shakingmyhead1 Fri 22-Jun-18 11:36:11

i hate peppa pig smarmy little bitch pig she is so condescending to her brother pig nasty little pig ( can you tell ive been forced to listen to it many times)

SleepingStandingUp Fri 22-Jun-18 11:39:26

I really want some bacon

Vanillaradio Fri 22-Jun-18 11:56:09

Mummy Pig is always doing "important work" on her computer though, so I assume she has an actual job???

BartholinsSister Fri 22-Jun-18 11:58:44

or "firehuman" might be acceptable?

or "firehuperson"?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Fri 22-Jun-18 12:18:45

I hated Peppa Pig but now ds has moved on to Thomas the Tank Engine I positivity miss Peppa!

CheshireChat Fri 22-Jun-18 12:29:11

I hate Peppa Pig and it was banned in this house until recently when it appeared despite the filter.

But I love Nanny Plum as her character and the voice actress's performance, she sounds like she's despairing of humanity and she's right!

littlemisscomper Fri 22-Jun-18 13:50:17

Vanillaradio, nah, that's just what she says when she wants some peace while Mumsnetting!

stayathomer Fri 22-Jun-18 18:18:45

Actually love Peppa pig but that's because we're coming to the end of it age wise here and now I am starting to miss it. I think it's really funny! They've obviously started to try to correct some of their discrepancies, mammy pig does silly things now too, and they show her working on a computer too.

KittyB52 Fri 22-Jun-18 19:44:36

Peppa Pig is awful - worse even than Mr Maker and Mr Bloom.

I didn’t realise that Mummy Pig was voiced by Morwenna Banks of Absolutely fame. And I had no idea she was married to David Baddiel.

So I have learned something from Peppa Pig. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: