Talk

Advanced search

New car delivered today - car slowing down outside three times

(69 Posts)
itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 22:50:40

Evening all.

Not sure if I'm being paranoid here but:

My lounge faced the street. I got s new car today. New new.

I've seen the same car drive past three times now in three hours. Slowing down outside my house.

If they are going to take the car my guess is they are going to take the car. My concern is that DD and me are alone tonight, partner and DSS both away tonight.

Clearly I'm just going to call police if I see it being stolen. However, in the interest of keeping us safe, would you leave keys downstairs?

Ohmydayslove Wed 20-Jun-18 22:52:22

Did you get the number plate?

BakerBear Wed 20-Jun-18 22:52:27

Is it a desirable car like an Audi or BMW?

Are they really looking at the car when they slow down?

flakesaretasty Wed 20-Jun-18 22:52:38

I would leave the keys very near the front door, and a load of noisy toys/Lego on the stairs. Make it easy if they want it, and not worth going upstairs.

Congratulations on the car! Hope you're worrying over nothing.

jellycat Wed 20-Jun-18 22:53:01

Is it the type where you start the engine by pushing a button?

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 22:53:37

No my house is on a bend. I see them pull up but cannot get their quick enough to even get the make.

Like I said I may be being para but I can see it's s small white car all times.

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 22:53:54

Yes it is

RedHelenB Wed 20-Jun-18 22:53:56

Why would they be looking at your car in particular? I would get the make and regulated written down just I case but I think you are being a bit paranoid.

MrTrebus Wed 20-Jun-18 22:54:52

What car is it make and model?

GetYourRocksOff Wed 20-Jun-18 22:56:43

It's maybe nothing and you're just noticing things because overlooking for them if that makes sense.

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 22:57:11

Hopefully I am. It's a work car. It's not my own car.

I can't tell now as it's too dark.

Thanks for the tip on the noisy toys. That's a good tip for whenever I am alone!

I'm not easily scared I'm ex armed forces. But you know when you just notice something and your gut kicks in. I will leave the keys visible.

LittleMissCantbebothered Wed 20-Jun-18 22:57:22

Put your key in a foiled lined cup as this will prevent them jamming the signal and being able to get into the vehicle.

Move2WY Wed 20-Jun-18 22:57:26

I agree with making it easy to get the keys if they do break in for them (but not too easy).

Chances are you will have a car that’s too hard to steal or they use a computer to deactivate the lock to get it.

BlondeB83 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:58:59

Leave the keys near the door and perhaps a light on downstairs.

Whatshallidonowpeople Wed 20-Jun-18 23:00:27

Paranoid much?

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 23:01:28

I've had my account wiped before when my bank card was stolen out my wallet.

Rinsed me without my pin!

My concern tonight is Just safety. My work insure the car.

It's a good make car. Prob worth less than what they think. They would look at the brand and prob think it's worth more.

Swishswish26 Wed 20-Jun-18 23:01:57

Leave as many lights on as possible as a deterrent.

jellycat Wed 20-Jun-18 23:02:18

They may be thinking of trying to get it by relaying the signal then. As Littlemisscantbebothered says, you can block the signal by putting the key in a metal box. Apparently. You could still leave it downstairs in case they are willing to go as far as breaking in.

sausagerollsontheside Wed 20-Jun-18 23:02:33

They might be wondering who has parked in their spot!
We have pretty nice cars and vans

If someone takes them then they do

It's only a car

GardenGeek Wed 20-Jun-18 23:03:29

I would leave the television on and stay up late.
Even with the curtains closed and sounds off, keeping the TV on will be obvious with light changing round the edges. This makes them think your awake.

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 23:03:51

Maybe hopefully para but we don't get people really driving here, it's not a cut through as such. It's very low traffic. But quick ad it's on a bend.

Prob am on a para.

itsBritneyBeach Wed 20-Jun-18 23:05:55

Hoping it's just you being a silly sod! But yes, keys visible and lots of noisy things as PP suggested. I get so worried about things like this as well!

GardenGeek Wed 20-Jun-18 23:07:31

and leave TV on all night, and get up early and make it obvious.

Tommorow go to Aldi Aisle of wonder grin...
they have a Home Protector 4 Camera HD CCTV Kit atm.

Last time this happened to us they happened to have £5 fake cameras and that did the trick with the TV all night, even though we had a half broken into easily enterable home for over 3 months while waiting for repair from the original incident which made me learn all this.

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 23:08:21

@sausagerollsontheside

Yes that's it. I'm not arsed about the car. I'm more worried about them breaking in for the keys. Then me innocently needing a wee cause sods fucking law I would be mid flow.

It is just a car. I'm really not arsed about the car but if they are going to rob it, shirt of leaving the keys in it, I just want to make sure they fuck off with the car and go

itsbritneybiatch Wed 20-Jun-18 23:09:36

Aw Britney I always see your posts and go awww. I'm going to see the actual Britney in September in Blackpool! Can't wait

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: