Talk

Advanced search

Aggressive woman in softplay

(148 Posts)
Thewheelshavefallenoffthebus Wed 20-Jun-18 20:27:45

So, went to softplay today (go all the time with my two very young dcs)

Another lady (i’ll call her Waynetta) was there with her gc.

Her gc was throwing food in the toddler area, crunching it on everything, everywhere and the woman was wearing her dirty shoes in the baby/toddlers play area. A member of staff told her to take her shoes off and remove the food as it is not allowed in the play area and is unhygienic but she hadn’t.

My youngest (1) climbed up to the top of the ladder and ended up on the platform and beside the woman’s gc. He put his hand in the girls bag of puffs (because he is a baby and saw puffs!) and I took it straight back out again and said no, not your puffs. the woman went mental - said my child had no manners and needed to ‘gerrof her (gd) puffs’ and be taught some manners (!)

I told her that my child is a baby and there is nothing wrong re my child’s manners thank you and that her gc shouldn’t have food in there anyway and that I had heard her being told to take it out. I also said I heard that she (grandmother) had been told to remove her own shoes yet still had them on in there where babies crawl around and it was unhygienic.

Waynetta went ballistic. Member of staff had returned and witnessed this and told her to take food out, take shoes off and that they don’t tolerate aggressive/abusive behaviour. Waynetta then said she’d be bringing her daughter to ‘floor me’ and the member of staff too and that we’d both Be knocked out.

My response was wtaf?

I took my dcs and went to find manager.

Manager tells me Waynetta has been caught stealing drinks from them, has been rude etc and could see I was shaken and upset.

Manager returns with me and Waynetta keeps on

Manager doesn’t make her leave!

Waynetta leaves shortly after but again threatens member of staff that her ‘daughter will be coming with her next time and so she will see what happens!’

I get upset and in my view this woman should be banned.

I’ve never experienced such a violent personality in a soft play place.

Should I be taking This further? Waynetta goes there as often as I do but I’ve previously been warned off her as she is odd.

I feel I can’t go there but I don’t have any other one to go to! Why should I have to stop going when I didn’t do anything wrong.

Hisnamesblaine Wed 20-Jun-18 20:30:01

She should have been banned..... agreed

Myotherusernameisbest Wed 20-Jun-18 20:32:51

She should have been thrown out nasty woman. Are they afraid of her there do you think?

Shumpalumpa Wed 20-Jun-18 20:33:20

Waynetta? 'gerrof'?

Really OP?

You sound very superior. And it's sounds like a non-event.

Brendatheblender Wed 20-Jun-18 20:35:36

A non-event?

The OP was threatened, I would class that as something to be concerned about!

stoicismlight Wed 20-Jun-18 20:35:45

I wouldn’t be hurrying back.
It’s a shame but you’re not going to win.

frasier Wed 20-Jun-18 20:38:01

Put it in writing. Tell them you were threatened in front of your children. If they do nothing, bad reviews on the social networks. I’d want to know if it were my local softplay.

Bakingberry Wed 20-Jun-18 20:39:14

That is awful. I can't believe the manager didn't ask her to leave when she was shouting at you and the member of staff. If they let people that have been caught steeling from them back in, then what do you have to do to be banned?

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 20-Jun-18 20:39:59

A ‘non event’?! Does it fuck. That’s horrendous and I have to admit I’d be complaining in writing and I definitely wouldn’t go back.

jollyoldsoul Wed 20-Jun-18 20:40:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tenbob Wed 20-Jun-18 20:40:13

A non-event?
I would love to know what your threshold is for an event if threats of physical violence against OP and staff don't cut it confused

Is it part of a chain? Can you speak to head office? Or phone and ask to speak to the manager to understand why she isn't banned and therefore if it is safe for people to actually go there

tenbob Wed 20-Jun-18 20:41:05

Really jolly?
hmm

SugarIsAmazing Wed 20-Jun-18 20:43:27

I'd have fronted her out and said "oh good bring your daughter, I'll deck her after I've decked you"... and then hoped she backed down grin

But seriously she should definitely have got banned.
Don't stop going though, OP. Why should your child miss out. Just call the manager if you ever have trouble with her again.

Thewheelshavefallenoffthebus Wed 20-Jun-18 20:44:34

Thanks x x

It wasn’t a non-event and I don’t think I’m superior. She said ‘gerrof’ - that’s factual.

She threatened me and the member of staff, shouted at me and made my eldest dc cry.

We were the only ones there and it was a small place. I did not feel scared of her but I am worried about her coming back in and behaving like that towards me again as she has threatened me, is a confirmed thief and has had numerous complaints made about her but the manager won’t manage it.

TroubledLichen Wed 20-Jun-18 20:45:35

So she steals drinks and threatens other patrons yet management still haven’t banned her?! I’d find somewhere else to go. If for no other reason than they clearly don’t care about hygiene if they’re not enforcing the no shoes/no food rules🤮

jollyoldsoul Wed 20-Jun-18 20:46:00

Actually, yes ten. Sounds exactly like the grandmother I met at a resort recently. Management wouldn't ask them to leave either. Par for the course.

greendale17 Wed 20-Jun-18 20:46:21

She physically threatened you. I would avoid this place- the manager stated they have had problems with her in the past but yet she is still not banned

SoftBallSophie Wed 20-Jun-18 20:48:06

I'd not be returning this that soft play if I were you, i don't think they handled it well at all. She should've been banned.

Is there another soft play hear you?

Zampa Wed 20-Jun-18 20:48:32

I've reported your comment as racist @jollyoldsoul. Hopefully it will be deleted.

OP - you have my sympathies. What a horrible experience. I think a written complaint would be in order.

jollyoldsoul Wed 20-Jun-18 20:50:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WindDoesNotBreakTheBendyTree Wed 20-Jun-18 20:50:04

She sounds extremely aggressive
But, from what you've said here, you started it

ThreeIsACharm Wed 20-Jun-18 20:50:13

Report her to the police for the threats she make against you.
That is disgusting!
I would also phone the manager to ask if she has been banned for your safety and the safety of the other children.

Shumpalumpa Wed 20-Jun-18 20:50:43

What's with the Waynetta comment then, OP? Are you trying to paint this woman a chav?

Sandsnake Wed 20-Jun-18 20:50:51

What awful management. Imagine being that employee and have your manager fail to back you like that? Next time the employee probably won’t say anything, as they won’t want to take the risk of being left to deal with the person that has threatened them as they were this time.

Of course you weren’t being unreasonable, OP. She sounds awful.

frasier Wed 20-Jun-18 20:51:05

The woman IS a chav!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: