Talk

Advanced search

Colleagues weight loss?

(6 Posts)
LilllyoftheValley Thu 14-Jun-18 17:43:28

I am unreasonable. She’s gone from a 16 to an 8. Looks great.

However I started my weight loss before her and because of lack of will power, all I’ve done is gain more weight.

Seeing her makes me feel shit. Am I being stupid?

Elspeth12345 Thu 14-Jun-18 17:45:34

Not unreasonable, not stupid- just a normal human reaction!

Just try to re-frame her weight loss as 'inspiring' and use it to motivate you rather than to make you feel worse.

Also worth noting that people who lose weight quickly often put it back on :-P .

9amTrain Thu 14-Jun-18 17:46:29

As above said, it's normal.

Unless you're being horrible to her about her then it doesn't matter.

busybarbara Thu 14-Jun-18 17:59:36

Seeing her makes me feel shit. Am I being stupid?

No, she is just better at losing weight quickly, you just need to keep going and get there in the end. You can't run like Mo Farah either but do you get upset about that? Keep up the good work and you too can reach the goal just at a slower speed!

Passthecake30 Thu 14-Jun-18 18:01:32

She must've had moments when she wanted to slip off the wagon, if you speak to her ask how she kept motivated?

ScreamingValenta Thu 14-Jun-18 18:03:31

No, it's a natural reaction. Could you try to turn it to advantage by asking her for tips on how to maintain your willpower, and motivate yourself by thinking 'if she can, then so can I'?

Lots of things will affect the speed at which you lose weight; even if you'd had iron willpower, it's unlikely you would have lost at exactly the same speed. The important thing is to keep going; and if you have a lapse, to pick yourself up and get back on track.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: