Talk

Advanced search

To love my dentist?

(12 Posts)
Frouby Wed 13-Jun-18 22:10:54

I do I really love her.

My veneer pinged off yesterday. I phoned and she squeezed me in for today even though it meant double booking and that she will probably have finished late.

Have had a lot of work over the last couple of years as old nhs fillings start to fail. Have had root canals, she managed to get my old nhs veneers replaced on the nhs, she is kind and patient with my children and she always takes her time to reassure me or the dcs even when I know she is behind.

She works for a big "chain" of dentists. I don't imagine they are the best to work for. The surgery is in a pretty rough area and I bet she has some not so pleasant patients.

I know she has young dcs herself and I know she would rather have stayed part time but was under pressure from her employers to be full time.

I heard some patients moaning today that she was running late. And then the mother of the patient (who was an adult) told the receptionist that she wanted to see a different dentist next time as 'my' dentist couldnt solve her sensitive teeth despite 3 appointments.

It just made me think how much I appreciate my lovely dentist and I know she will be on a good salary but she goes way above what she has to. And is always kind to me even when I know she is under pressure.

Strongmummy Wed 13-Jun-18 22:12:18

Great. What’s your AIBU wink

Hassled Wed 13-Jun-18 22:13:59

I love my dentist too. He's young and shy and sweet but somehow really reassuring and seems to understand my fear of all things dentistry.

Frouby Wed 13-Jun-18 22:14:27

AIBU to love a dentist? Lots of people don't.

Just thought it might be a bit unreasonable.

rainbowgrimm Wed 13-Jun-18 22:14:44

This is lovely to hear, I'm a dentist. Would you be willing to go on to the NHS choices website and write what you've just written here? She'd be really pleased if you did.

Strongmummy Wed 13-Jun-18 22:17:00

No, YANBU. I think many people don’t like GOING to the dentist however, rather than not like their actual dentist.

ShinyMe Wed 13-Jun-18 22:20:18

I used to love my dentist. He was Brazilian and he was GORGEOUS, and really really lovely. He was tall and bronzed and had an amazing smile and he was just so friendly and charming and kind. I went into work the day after I met him for the first time, saying "oh my god, you'll never believe how gorgeous my dentist is!" and it turned out that four different female colleagues also went to him, and apparently we all turned into gibbering wrecks faced with him.

Sadly though, he's moved to the south of France with his gorgeous wife now though, and my new dentist is a dull middle aged woman who is always cancelling at the last minute.

Byebyebye Wed 13-Jun-18 22:21:34

I got my gums cleaned and a wisdom tooth removed yesterday. I def don’t love my dentist! Haha.

She’s actually a lovely and intelligent woman so I’ll def be leaving a glowing review.

Frouby Wed 13-Jun-18 22:22:52

Can you do that Rainbow? Dd has an appointment next week and was debating taking a bunch of flowers for her.

I would leave them on reception for her tho, I would feel a bit of a weirdo walking in with dd and a bunch of flowers. She might be a bit embarrassed doing dds treatment while I am sat there with a bunch of carnations.

Follyfoot Wed 13-Jun-18 22:25:24

The dentist who replaced my crowns was absolutely lovely and did a brilliant job. Even though he spends must of his time in an acute trust dealing with reconstructive dentistry following cancer surgery, he made me feel that I was really important and took so much care. Tbh, with one notable exception, all my dentists have been fab.

PatrickMerricksGoshawk Wed 13-Jun-18 22:31:15

That is lovely! If you feel comfortable doing so please tell her that she is great in a card or letter - it will make her feel fantastic, and she will be able to use it as evidence if she has an appraisal.

Frouby Wed 13-Jun-18 22:34:06

Have left a review on the nhs website and will take a bunch of flowers next week for her.

She really is fantastic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: