Talk

Advanced search

To have just ended the relationship for his child??

(5 Posts)
GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:23:39

I wasn't sure how to write the opening.

Basically I've just ended my relationship with DP (not out of spite), so he can go and be a proper dad to his DD. She's only 6, his ex has been difficult in the past but he now sees her.

He lives down south (not with me but for work) and he's from up north (where his DD is).

Because of work and travelling, he has only been seeing her every other weekend for a couple of hours.

I've suggested he move back up north so he can see her more often I.E evenings and most weekends but have told him he needs to focus on his relationship with his DD and build that bond.

She deserves his attention, she needs him.

KindergartenKop Wed 13-Jun-18 21:25:11

Are you sure it's you that's been holding him back or is he just a disinterested father?

NotAnotherNoughtiesTune Wed 13-Jun-18 21:27:15

To be honest I wouldn't want to be with someone who put our relationships before his child anyway- so right call.

GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:35

Definitely not me holding him back. I've a DS who doesn't see his father, so I feel quite strongly about men not seeing their children.

He's admitted when he was pushed out before, he backed off and moved away. He's had that "light bulb" moment and now wants to make amends before it's too late.

GetInMyNelly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:30:07

@KindergartenKop sorry I think I read your comment wrong.

He thought he could do both but due to work and timing (DD goes to bed around 8), he's struggling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: