Talk

Advanced search

To get fed up with Amazon Prime for...

(15 Posts)
Donthugmeimscared Wed 13-Jun-18 21:00:25

Having the first couple of series free then charging £20 ish a series once i've gotten really into it which means I can never afford to find out what happened. Maybe the real problem is not having the spare cash but it really gets on my nerves.

ADayAlwaysHasToEnd Wed 13-Jun-18 21:54:53

Want to tell me which ones this has happened with as I hate this too 😞

MsFrizzle Wed 13-Jun-18 21:55:52

It's rubbish, I agree. Or saying on the page that it's free on amazon prime but you get there and it isn't? I don't understand that yet. hmm maybe I'm just stupid.

WiseDad Wed 13-Jun-18 22:01:31

It’s price discrimination. Those with money who can’t wait pay, those without don’t but eventually the series become free on Prime. At least that’s how it’s worked for the few that I wanted to watch.

Astrid2 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:13:28

It's only the most recent series I've found are not yet available ime! Which series are you taking about?

I've also never seen one that was available with prime but then you have to pay?

NerrSnerr Wed 13-Jun-18 22:26:32

Don't you check before you start watching?

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 22:32:33

Get showbox.

Donthugmeimscared Thu 14-Jun-18 05:40:56

I don't check before watching as I have had it long so didn't know. Can you watch showbox through a fire stick?

fawkesAgain2 Thu 14-Jun-18 05:50:45

"It’s price discrimination."

Or, as the less woke call it because not everything is discrimination a basic tenet of business.

I know it's not a common way of thinking anymore but if you want a service pay for it.

lardymclardy Thu 14-Jun-18 05:56:10

Which series are you watching? Could do with getting into something new.

BuckysRoboticArm Thu 14-Jun-18 05:56:13

I just wait til they add the next series on prime. It will be added eventually if you’re patient. It’s not Netflix where you can binge watch everything you see. Prime versus paid for comes with the territory on amazon. Maybe look into getting nets or now tv instead.

I started last man on earth knowing I’d have to wait a while to see the most recent season on prime.

DuchyDuke Thu 14-Jun-18 06:17:14

It doesn’t take as long for shows to come to Prime as it does Netflix.

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 14-Jun-18 07:02:17

It's not discrimination, it's amazon prime being shit compared to a different product from Netflix and Now TV.

I can pay but I won't because l don't need to and get Now TV where all the box sets are included in the price. I only get a month of prime once a year to binge watch The Grand Tour.

Have you looked on music magpie? You can get DVD box sets very cheaply. I got the first 7 seasons of the Big Bang Theory for a total of £6. Second hand but in perfect condition.

Donthugmeimscared Thu 14-Jun-18 07:07:39

I was watching last man on earth with dd. I was probably being stupid thinking that it was like Netflix and you could watch all of them. I think I will go back to Netflix and on demand. We don't have an aerial in our house so use the fire stick for tv.

CrazyDaisy2018 Thu 14-Jun-18 07:27:52

I missed the second series of Quantico on Sky but found in on Prime. Started watching it and half way through, they removed it from Prime!

Now I like the programme but I’m not paying for the rest of the series!

Thankfully I realised they were repeating the same series on Sky by the time amazon changed it so I haven’t lost out (other than waiting a few weeks for Sky to catch up with where I was), but it is v v annoying!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: