Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed that amazon left our parcels down the road?

(12 Posts)
dillyDally6 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:26:08

We ordered a few bits for the house but weren't in when they were delivered. Left a note on delivery instructions to leave round the back of the house or with next door neighbour. Amazon have left it down the street! We are number 25 and they've left it with number 2. We have no idea who these people are and can't get hold of anyone in the house. AIBU to think that it's odd to leave a parcel with someone who isn't in in close proximity to our house? Prepared to be told I'm being silly!

dillyDally6 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:19:11

Neighbours now denying anything has been delivered!!!!

MongerTruffle Wed 13-Jun-18 21:21:22

Contact Amazon customer services. Their customer service is the best I have ever experienced. They will almost certainly send out a replacement.

Legally, the retailer is responsible for the parcel until it physically reaches you.

QueenOfThorns Wed 13-Jun-18 21:23:42

Do you think that maybe they meant to write twenty something and got distracted after the 2? Those people could be telling truth and it might be at a much nearer neighbour’s.

Butterflykissess Wed 13-Jun-18 21:23:55

argh i had this the other day. a neighbour knocked on my door who ive never even met asking me for her parcel, i hadnt taken one in!! hadnt even been in all day. she handed me a card which clearly stated my door number. shes atleast 10 doors down from me. i didnt have it and cant understand why the delivery person lied. very odd. i dont take parcels in anymore after too many issues. (neighbours not collecting.)

ThatchersCold Wed 13-Jun-18 21:25:56

Amazon delivery has got really shite. I have one neighbour listed on my account as the person to deliver to if I’m not in. Went looking for my parcels one day to find they had been dumped on her doorstep (she wasn’t in either). I kind of think if neither of us were in and they were just going to dump them on a doorstep the person whose parcels they actually were should be the doorstep of choice!

dillyDally6 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:36:45

So annoying. The frustrating thing is that I've been in all day and didn't notice the card being put through the door. They didn't even ring the bell. I hope amazon will re deliver if we don't find our stuff!

ColourfulOrangex Wed 13-Jun-18 21:42:10

The online chat is the best way to communicate with them I've found, Amazon are always leaving items in silly places, I purchased my daughter the little tykes princess carriage last week so not small and they left it on my doorstep 🙈 thankfully I came back from the shop 5 minutes later or that wouldn't of been there but the driver marked it as "handed to resident"

I hope you get your parcel back

ObiJuanKenobi Wed 13-Jun-18 21:46:00

I've had this before with yodel. I'm right down the end of a very long road and turns out they were also delivering to a house right up the other end of my road so thought it best to leave it with them for me.. lazy fuckers!

FairfaxAikman Wed 13-Jun-18 21:48:54

Could be worse - I had a package put in the bin today. Quite how the driver got through a 6ft locked gate to do so is a mystery.

He's just lucky we had some last bits to put in this evening before putting it to the kerb for collection tomorrow and saw it as there was no card in the door.

VanGoghsDog Wed 13-Jun-18 21:53:36

Amazon left a parcel with my neighbour a few days ago. I came home, there was a parcel on my doorstep. I was expecting a few things so brought it in and picked up a card from Amazon saying they had left a parcel next door.

I stopped and checked the app, they'd only delivered one parcel. So the fuckwit neighbour, after the Amazon guy left, walked round and left the parcel on my doorstep. He has done this before. He's a loon. I'd rather he just said "there's no point leaving it with me mate, I'm an unreliable cunt" but clearly he doesn't want to refuse for some reason.
It was open as well. No idea if the neighbour opened it. It was only a picture frame so if he did open it I hope he was suitable bored by the contents.

MeerkatMonkey Wed 13-Jun-18 22:23:24

YANBU... Amazon has just become really crap when it comes to deliveries!! I'm constantly getting fed up with them... either they leave the parcel outside my door without ringing or knocking... or they leave it with my neighbour, again without notifying me... and then when I check "my orders" it'll say Delivered and Handed to Resident!!! I don't know if they're trying to save money on notification cards or something but I rarely get notified of parcels being left next door any more, and yet I often have to go hunting for them. It's really not that surprising that they are now leaving parcels several doors down!!! Hope you find yours!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: