Talk

Advanced search

To feel so sorry for DDs teacher

(43 Posts)
maryrichardson Wed 13-Jun-18 17:18:14

DDs teacher cried today sad

She's a lovely woman. She apologised to the class and said she was very stressed.

I want to hug her.

Would a box of chocolates be inappropriate or would it come across badly?

UniversallyUnchallenged Wed 13-Jun-18 17:19:23

Kindness and nice actions are never wrong

YouTheCat Wed 13-Jun-18 17:21:06

Box of chocolates sounds like a nice idea.

SheStoodInTheStorm Wed 13-Jun-18 17:21:24

Teacher here. Have somehow managed not to cry in front of my children thanks to my wonderful TA and a cupboard...but I cry frequently.

A kind gesture like that would be lovely.

brizzledrizzle Wed 13-Jun-18 17:21:42

You sound lovely and I'm sure she will appreciate it.
I think that many teachers and TAs up and down the land feel like that.

maryrichardson Wed 13-Jun-18 17:22:15

I imagine so, and they do so much for our children sad

midgetgem2211 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:23:48

Please do. My husband is a teacher and the pressure they are under is ridiculous.

Moonflower12 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:26:42

I am a teacher- I would love someone to buy me chocolate! It is ridiculously stressful at this time of year.

MaryandMichael Wed 13-Jun-18 17:31:20

Yes, be nice to teachers. They have a very hard time.

PumpkinPie2016 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:32:29

Another teacher here would be very grateful and touched if you got me chocolates knowing I had been upset so go for it!

I have been off ill for a couple of days Nd today went back not feeling great. One of my year 11 pupils brought me a card and gift to say thank you for teaching her and I can't tell you how much it brightened my day!

pinkbobbles Wed 13-Jun-18 17:33:13

Aw Pumpkin smile

nuttyknitter Wed 13-Jun-18 17:33:51

What a lovely idea!

GreatDuckCookery Wed 13-Jun-18 17:35:47

Poor woman, yes chocolates sound lovely OP.

Do you know why she cried?

kktpj Wed 13-Jun-18 17:35:52

I'm a teacher. I cried today. I'm a part time teacher doing full time hours+++
Couldn't survive without my wonderful Ta.
Children didn't know I cried

Noodledoodledoo Wed 13-Jun-18 17:36:12

Another teacher with a vote for yes, I have a shed load of personal stuff I am dealing with at the moment, as well as stupid school stuff and sat during 'Drop Everything and Read' in my lesson on Monday morning trying to hide the tears.

Small things like a box, even just a bar of chocolate would make my life a little brighter at the moment.

BottleOfJameson Wed 13-Jun-18 17:37:20

I think that sounds lovely and will send just the right kind, supportive message.

Thingiebob Wed 13-Jun-18 17:39:18

Yes some chocs and a 'Thank you for all that do' would be a lovely gesture.

toffeepumpkins Wed 13-Jun-18 17:39:40

It's not a job I envy them, the TAs especially get paid so little and are really taken advantage of though not by the teachers who generally I know appreciate them - at least that is the impression I get from the governor that I know.
My son's TA is being made redundant as the school can't afford to have TAs any more :-(

RainbowGlitterFairy Wed 13-Jun-18 17:42:03

Aw a box of chocolates would be a lovely idea. TA here and our teachers are so stressed at the moment, they have so much to get done and so little time, a little gesture like that from a parent would really brighten up their day.

CuriousaboutSamphire Wed 13-Jun-18 17:42:11

She could be my sister. A box of chocolates would be much appreciated!

End of tether reached long ago and the few weeks to summer seems like a lifetime. Daft tests all week!

Indigo93 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:43:52

Chocolate sounds very kind.. or wine...

SandyY2K Wed 13-Jun-18 17:59:17

This reminds me of my niece's teacher. She was looking upset and DN stayed after class to ask if she was okay.

She burst into tears as she'd just got her period and the second IVF cycle had failed. DN asked if she wanted a hug and she said yes.

My BIL wasn't impressed said she was burdening DN. I told Dsis to calm him down and imagine how distressed she must have been to tell one if her students that.

Washpot Wed 13-Jun-18 18:02:12

4 teachers in tears yesterday in our staffroom. Your gesture would probably mean the world. The pressure is becoming unbearable.

Such a lovely thought OP

Rachie1973 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:02:21

SandyY2K
This reminds me of my niece's teacher. She was looking upset and DN stayed after class to ask if she was okay.

Sensitive child. She'll grow up a goodun smile

KERALA1 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:02:24

Worried about my DD's teacher. Apparently he "shouts" all the time and spent most of last year off for unspecified reasons (I think stress or some family issue). Poor guy... as if having 30 9 year olds day after day isn't difficult enough

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: