Talk

Advanced search

To think my dentist made a mistake?

(6 Posts)
MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:52:20

So I just came home from the dentist. I had a look in the mirror to see my fillings and I think the dentist might have filled a healthy tooth.

I drew up a dental map. Orange is what she was supposed to fill and red is what she had filled.
In my treatment plan I have the following teeth listed

UR6 MO
UL6DO
UL7MO
UR7MO

So these are my upper teeth. Not sure if she had made a mistake?! Any advice? And what can I do if she did fill a healthy tooth?

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:53:48

So sorry I posed the thread in general health as well but I didn't get any comments. I'm very upset and I desperately need some advice hence of posting it in the popular 'AIBU'

BellaJessica Wed 13-Jun-18 14:56:57

Seems strange that she would fill a healthy tooth? Surely the decay is obvious in the bad tooth?

Is it a private dentist? I had a healthy tooth filled by a private dentist once because he was going bankrupt.

BellaJessica Wed 13-Jun-18 14:58:05

You should get an appointment with a different dentist and ask them if it was the right tooth. Is there any pain in the bad tooth?

3boys3dogshelp Wed 13-Jun-18 14:59:30

I think you need to ring the dentist and talk to her about it. It could be a mistake with the fillings, but it’s possible it was a mistake on the treatment plan. Could it be that 3 teeth on that side actually needed filling?

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:05:47

My upper R6 was a broken tooth. I don't think there was a cavity on my upper R4. Can't remember any pain from there or seen anything wrong with it. It was an NHS dentist. I don't know why she'd fill a healthy tooth. She was running late and I waited over 1 hour for her, maybe she was distracted? I don't know . During the appointment at some point someone came in the room and sat down a youngish 17-19 years old boy on one of the chairs in front of me. No one said a thing! They didn't ask if it was okay or anything. I felt so uncomfortable, and embarrassed... not easy to try to rinse when half of your face is numb. I mentioned the receptionist and she was apologetic and said they should have asked for my permission. I just don't know the whole appointment felt so odd.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: