Talk

Advanced search

If you used a wedding planner...

(8 Posts)
NomsQualityStreets Wed 13-Jun-18 14:32:10

All I want to ask is - was it worth it?

Posting for traffic as my post in the wedding section got no replies.

I get super anxious about organising anything and always spend ages fretting, second guessing and ending up with migraines and/or loosing sleep as a result. (Put it this way - I had to go home half way through my DCs 1st birthday as I managed to work myself up into a blinding migraine about all the organisation etc, I know ridiculous and I'm working on it)
We will probably have a smallish wedding but I've been looking into wedding planners as we are both quite busy in general and I also think it might help my stress levels and just alleviate the pressure so I don't get so worked up about it and fail to enjoy the day.

Any insight or pros and cons for using/not using wedding planners will be greatly appreciated!

Tangled59 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:33:41

Its just a party, woman up and deal with it!

Stinkbomb Wed 13-Jun-18 14:34:40

If you think it will help you, hire one.

StopMakingItDifficult Wed 13-Jun-18 14:35:34

I kind of did. The venue we used provided a woman that did everything - you just had to tick a load of boxes and then she emailed over confirming everything that had been booked. I think that’s fairly standard though?

TheVampiresLife Wed 13-Jun-18 14:40:34

Personally I would, but I can't organise anything for more than about 3 people, it's not something I'm good at. You can hire them for the full thing, or just a few hours help. If it'll mean you actually enjoy the wedding rather than get super-stressed and end up not enjoying it, why not?

TheVampiresLife Wed 13-Jun-18 14:41:32

Whereabouts are you?

Andro Wed 13-Jun-18 14:43:53

I used one, she was worth every penny! My mother had the illusion of being 'in charge' and we (me and DH) got the day we (mostly) wanted.

There was no way I had the time, patience or inclination to arrange or manage the details of the day, she also made sure everything ran like silk on the day.

Semster Wed 13-Jun-18 14:46:07

I hired one because I was getting married 3000 miles away from where I lived. Also because she had the listings for lots of places that would be ideal locations for the wedding. I wasn't going to arrive at the wedding location till a week before the wedding, and I relied on her to set up meetings with caterers, booze suppliers, marquee people, florists, hairdressers, photographer etc. She was also there on the day and arranged transport for guests and a load of other stuff I've since forgotten.

She cost $1000 and was worth it, although I did still have one of the most spectacular migraines of my life a few days before the wedding.

It wasn't a huge wedding (25 people) but I was emigrating and arranging travel/accommodation for all the guests at the same time, so it was good to offload a lot of the wedding organisation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: