Talk

Advanced search

... to lock the dog in the shed for a week...

(91 Posts)
BeyondThePage Wed 13-Jun-18 13:54:09

just that really,

he just "found" an egg in the garden - a brown hen's egg - I guess a fox had buried it? Trouble is I am not entirely sure which YEAR the fox buried it in...

OMG - the stench, he cracked it 25 foot from the back door and we can smell it through the house. He is not coming in, I have hosed down the goopy stuff, and the dog. He stinks of sulfurous rotten eggs, DD is running a bath for him, but he needs to go through the house to get to it....

Any tips on getting rid of the smell would be welcomed... if not WIBU to shove him in the shed?! (kind of light-hearted in an OMG I can't believe he smells so bad kind of way smile)

JenBarber Wed 13-Jun-18 13:55:05

Just light some incense.

It'll be fine.!

QueenofSerene Wed 13-Jun-18 13:56:35

Man that was so not where I thought this thread was going.. lol.. light some candles or incense maybe..

FreudianSlurp Wed 13-Jun-18 13:57:21

Tomato ketchup works for fox poo smells, maybe it will work on rotten egg?

Add a bit of bacon if you like grin

WombatStewForTea Wed 13-Jun-18 13:57:31

Tomato sauce? it's good for getting the horrible stench of fox shit off them so may be good for this!

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Wed 13-Jun-18 13:57:33

Wrap ddog in a towel to get him to the bath.
Burn towel obviously!!

GreatDuckCookery Wed 13-Jun-18 13:59:34

Bicarbonate of soda mixed with water and put some on his coat then brush in might help!

SomeKnobend Wed 13-Jun-18 14:00:26

Oh dear. We had to use washing up liquid once to get fox poo stench out of the dog. Dog shampoo was not enough. Poor dog, it's the fox's fault for burying such an irresistible treat!

CloudCaptain Wed 13-Jun-18 14:00:51

Bath him in a paddling pool?

BarefootHippieChick Wed 13-Jun-18 14:02:34

YANBU but I'd lock him in someone else's shed otherwise yours will smell 😆

adaline Wed 13-Jun-18 14:04:54

Tomato ketchup! Works wonders for fox poo so might have the same effect on rotten eggs?!

Cath2907 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:05:55

You can bleach dogs can't you???? Mine rolled in some other dogs diarrhoea on his walk the other day so you have my sympathy. He is normally a white fluffy dog and had to walk home absolutely covered in stinking brown shit. He looked so pleased with himself. We use an old kids sand and water table in the back garden for first wash followed by a good scrub in the bathroom. Ours was bloody lucky he didn't end up down the canning factory!

Blobby10 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:14:19

Bath? Whats wrong with the garden hose?!!!!

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Wed 13-Jun-18 14:16:31

Normally, if one of our dogs needs to be washed, we do them in our shower - it is easy to get them in,

AlonsoTigerHeart Wed 13-Jun-18 14:17:07

Shave him naked

PinkHeart5914 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:18:31

Wash the dog with some dog shampoo and the hose in the garden and get your self a good scented candle or 2 and light in the house. Your be grand!

steff13 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:18:53

Peroxide.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Wed 13-Jun-18 14:19:46

Arghhh - I am not sure why that posted early!

As I was saying, when one of our dogs needs a bath, we do them in our walk-in shower - it to get them in, and we just go in with them.

However, when ddog2 rolled in half a very dead, runny seal in the beach, I refused point blank to allow dh to lead that stink through the house and our bedroom, and we had to soap her twice in the garden - and even then there was still a bit of a pong, but it was sufficiently reduced that we could take her upstairs to our shower, without stinking the house out!

OP - you have my deepest sympathy!

Pinkywoo Wed 13-Jun-18 14:25:32

Mix bicarb with dog shampoo, lather him up in the garden then dunk in the bath!

BeyondThePage Wed 13-Jun-18 14:25:52

ketchup has almost worked a treat on the smell, you wonderful mumsnetters!! The smell is slightly there, but tolerable (especially if he is in the garden... and I am not)
Thank you!!!!

... trouble is I should have thought about it first - blush he's white, except for his snout and paws now , which are a fetching day-glo orange colour... blush... hey ho...

BeyondThePage Wed 13-Jun-18 14:27:12

Shave him naked - made me laugh... wondered if the naked applied to the dog or the shaver...

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 13-Jun-18 14:30:54

he's white, except for his snout and paws now , which are a fetching day-glo orange colour...

PICTURE!!!

Curlywurlywurly Wed 13-Jun-18 14:31:31

Can we see a photo of his day-glo nose?

AlonsoTigerHeart Wed 13-Jun-18 14:33:19

wondered if the naked applied to the dog or the shaver...

Both grin

SkinnyForSummer Wed 13-Jun-18 14:34:53

Yes, picture needed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: