Talk

Advanced search

All mumnetters are nutters

(34 Posts)
Whyarealltheusernamestaken Wed 13-Jun-18 00:46:03

So today I sat in a meeting and mumsnet was raised, was laughed down and the consensus was that they are all mad man hating weirdos...I raised that I disagreed and explained it was a forum to discuss issues, not a troll you can read my previous postings if need be. But they said by the name alone it excludes and dismisses fathers. Could not comment on the name...they said if equality was sort it should be parentsnet...

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:48:27

What was the meeting about? I've never heard of a meeting discussing Mumsnet.

are you Justine?

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 00:49:09

If they're going to be that pedantic maybe they shouldn't use 'parent' either and just call it 'net'. After all some people are on this for discussions when they're trying to conceive or have miscarried so mightn't actually have kids

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:50:00

grin at www.net.com

Singlenotsingle Wed 13-Jun-18 00:52:44

Oh poo! What nonsense. If dads want a forum they can set up Dadsnet! But they don't so they haven't!

DioneTheDiabolist Wed 13-Jun-18 00:54:36

We have a dadsnet on MNet.confused

toffee1000 Wed 13-Jun-18 00:54:43

There are several members who don’t have kids and who don’t want them. I’m not a mother either, currently.
They just sound like idiots.

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:55:05

Er, Dadsnet is a thing. It's not really active but it does exist.

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:55:37

Is there one on MN too?

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Wed 13-Jun-18 00:55:38

do you work a council? Do you also receive multiple potential abuse hits from this site alone? And no feel free to read my history, whoever Justine is

binglyboo Wed 13-Jun-18 00:57:11

People who don't know anything about something in thinking they know all about something shocker shock

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Wed 13-Jun-18 00:57:58

I’m not defending them, spent too long explaining a site I use!

Singlenotsingle Wed 13-Jun-18 01:08:44

Well, if there is a Dadsnet, that weakens their position still further! The name excludes and dismisses mothers.

WhyBeUnkind Wed 13-Jun-18 01:12:37

MumsNutters?

CadyHeron Wed 13-Jun-18 01:12:53

It doesn't exclude fathers/males as they're welcome to post on here too so don't agree with that bit.
All mumsnetters are nutters though? That depends on what threads you are frequenting as it's certainly possible to get that opinion depending on where you're posting or reading grin
Lots of normal, kind people out there. Others, not so much too. Broad spectrum.

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Wed 13-Jun-18 01:15:58

I said parentsnet not dadnets? And it wasn’t my thought

IsaidMrDarcynotArsey Wed 13-Jun-18 01:23:02

If you pop across to the topics list and look/click on “ in the club “ Dadnet is listed there : but from what I have seen most people click/post on the relevant subject/query topic due to higher traffic leading to more discussion and replies.

LionAllMessy Wed 13-Jun-18 01:24:58

I raise that I agree with those who raised that all mumsnetters are nutters. I raise this thread as the key evidence.

WellAndTrulyCurbed Wed 13-Jun-18 01:47:05

I'm still laughing at the idea of Mumsnet being raised in a 'meeting'. Was it a work 'meeting' OP?
How long did this 'discussion' go for?

As to the points raising in the 'meeting'. Non issues.

halfwitpicker Wed 13-Jun-18 01:49:30

I'm with well and truly.

Where do you work?

flumpybear Wed 13-Jun-18 01:56:00

Justine is mummy to mn

tripYouOut Wed 13-Jun-18 02:29:42

the consensus was that they are all mad man hating weirdos...

I've heard similar several times from men and women and actually, the more I read here the harder it is to argue against it. After dealing with a very weird and quite unpleasant woman, I remember my boss saying to me, "bet she's on Mumsnet!" She was probably right.

Monty27 Wed 13-Jun-18 02:49:32

Justine is dmmn smile
Yes there's certainly some twats on here. But then you get them everywhere every day.
The press has certainly undermined Mumsnet and it's original purpose, and has attracted strange stuff at times, including trolls and journos.
Tbh it's become a victim of it's own success imho. I hate the ads!

TheMaddHugger Wed 13-Jun-18 03:12:26

Justwanttoweeinpeace Wed 13-Jun-18 03:14:59

We discuss Mumsnet in work meetings. It's very influential. Not weird at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: