Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Colchester St Johns area soon

(8 Posts)
Catskel Tue 12-Jun-18 20:18:51

Hi, we are moving into the St Johns area soon. We like the area hence why we are moving there, but we don’t know the area overly that well, so would appreciate any feedback on ‘living in St Johns area’ please.

Many thanks in advance 😊🏡

FASH84 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:37:03

Hi are you talking about the highwoods area?

Catskel Tue 12-Jun-18 21:13:29

Hi, if your heading up the Ipswich road round about, instead of going left onto highwoods, go right instead that’s St John road. 😊

FASH84 Tue 12-Jun-18 23:18:12

I think it's better than monkwick or greenstead. Largely residential. Colchester town is nice, little cafes and independent shops, good stuff at the local theatre and lots of available community groups if that's your thing, as well as the usual suspects shop and restaurant wise. I used to work in the area, lots of home visits etc and nothing really stood out about st John's or Highwoods, but in my industry that's not a bad thing.

Singlenotsingle Tue 12-Jun-18 23:24:27

Just a normal little residential area, not got a bad reputation. Just a short bus ride into town but it's handy for the A12 as well.

Colchester's good, especially the Castle and grounds.

Dieu Wed 13-Jun-18 00:21:27

I live in Edinburgh - and am Scottish - but spent years living in Colchester. My two eldest were born there! I loved it; it truly was a really nice place to bring up children, and the toddler groups were incredibly friendly. I also taught there. SUCH a nice town. Not sure everyone would agree, but I have only positive stuff to say.

Catskel Wed 13-Jun-18 06:43:35

Thanks for your message back 😊

Catskel Wed 13-Jun-18 06:45:39

Thanks everyone, glad to hear it seems like a nice quiet place, no problems😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: